Covington vs Milan

bglass

Yeah, both teams have enough playoff history to know what is at stake here. Win Friday night, then you are one win away from the State Title game in Cookeville. Milan has won the Gold Ball before, and as you know, Covington has played for it 5 times but never won it. Both teams know that opportunities like this don't come every year, and that you need put out your best effort in this game so that you can take the next step.

I like our Covington team this year. We have the potential to win this game. OTOH, Milan has apparently played well lately, beating SGC in the regular season, then winning two playoff games to advance to this point. 

I will pull for the Chargers, but will not guarantee a win at this point.

Should be a good game, it was last year when they meet in the second round. 

If Hayes comes out and runs like he did in the last game against Milan, it could be a long night for the Bulldogs.

But beating a team twice is a hard thing to do, and they are battle tested. Im looking forward to a really good game. Should be a big crowd friday, which will make for an awesome atmosphere. 

Edited by ChargerFan7465

I have no doubt that there is just as much raw talent suited up for Milan as there is Covington. However your talent is upperclassmen and ours is underclassmen. Your team has been thru the fire the last couple of years and ours are still wet behind the years. This probably isn’t the year. But the next two.....

as far as this game goes hopefully we can hand our hat on the fact that the young Dawgs are peaking at the right time and Covington not so much. Maybe just maybe we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have no doubt that there is just as much raw talent suited up for Milan as there is Covington. However your talent is upperclassmen and ours is underclassmen. Your team has been thru the fire the last couple of years and ours are still wet behind the years. This probably isn’t the year. But the next two.....

as far as this game goes hopefully we can hand our hat on the fact that the young Dawgs are peaking at the right time and Covington not so much. Maybe just maybe we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

Actually most of our playmakers are upperclassmen with the exception of a couple sophomores. One of mine is a sophomore and the other a senior. Two of the most talented classes we’ve had in a few years. 

They are ready to make the trip to Covington. They remember Covington ending their season last year in a heartbreaker very well. Go Dawgs! 

Edited by Milanfootballislife

I don't think this game will be a pushover either way. I believe it will be a dog fight as in previous years. Hopefully the experience from Covington's upperclassmen win come in to play and help out.  I know Milan will bring a crowd and I'm sure Covington will come out and support.  Looking forward to a great game and playoff atmosphere .

GO CHARGERS!!

9 hours ago, Milanfootballislife said:

Actually most of our playmakers are upperclassmen with the exception of a couple sophomores. One of mine is a sophomore and the other a senior. Two of the most talented classes we’ve had in a few years. 

They are ready to make the trip to Covington. They remember Covington ending their season last year in a heartbreaker very well. Go Dawgs! 

My mistake. I was under the impression that a lot of the kids in Orlandis’ class were getting major playing time or starting. That’s what happens when I have to be at another team’s home games on Friday night because of my job. Don’t know the team like I used to. 

16 hours ago, Milanfootballislife said:

He said the talent are underclassmen not the play makers not really the same thing.

Example in 2009 and 2010 We had very good football teams Milan and us bumped heads in the third round both years and the 2010 game was something that should be for sale on dvd some where but on both those Camden  teams  We had a kid that was sitting/watching and for good reasons he was skinny and young..He is now on the Tampa bay Bucs while all the starters for us are working 9 to 5s. He was talented but not ready to shine.

Edited by Beagle

27 minutes ago, Beagle said:

He said the talent are underclassmen not the play makers not really the same thing.

Example in 2009 and 2010 We had very good football teams Milan and us bumped heads in the third round both years and the 2010 game was something that should be for sale on dvd some where but on both those Camden  teams  We had a kid that was sitting/watching and for good reasons he was skinny and young..He is now on the Tampa bay Bucs while all the starters for us are working 9 to 5s. He was talented but not ready to shine.

I’ve followed both the seniors and the sophomores since 3rd grade. They are both loaded with talent. Don’t get me wrong my son’s sophomore class (including my son) are definitely getting PT which will make us better in the next 2 years. Just want to make sure that our upperclassmen (Weathers, Lockhart, Deberry, Herron, Bates, etc.) get their credit too. lol No harm intended & BPM knows where I’m coming from. 

Either way this isn’t the same Milan team that showed up earlier this year. It’s going to be exciting to see how it plays out.  Go Dawgs!