Covington vs Milan

bglass

17 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have no doubt that there is just as much raw talent suited up for Milan as there is Covington. However your talent is upperclassmen and ours is underclassmen. Your team has been thru the fire the last couple of years and ours are still wet behind the years. This probably isn’t the year. But the next two.....

as far as this game goes hopefully we can hand our hat on the fact that the young Dawgs are peaking at the right time and Covington not so much. Maybe just maybe we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

I am pulling for our county rivals in this one,Purple puppies will leave with a W !!!!poodle-bulldog-mix-breed-hairless-mixed-breed-dog.thumb.jpg.aba429882a5a254b7db75138438734dc.jpg

I do wonder how Milan plans to handle sophomore running back Marcus Hayes this time around. In the regular season meeting, he picked up over 300 yards rushing versus Milan. Now, last week McNairy Central did hold him down some. He only gained 144 yards and scored just two TDs. 

Oh, and BTW, senior running back Ke'Shan Gant is healthy for this game. He was injured when we last played. Gant was expected to compete for Mr. Football this season before his injury. With Page in the backfield, that gives Covington a triple threat to run the ball.

16 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I do wonder how Milan plans to handle sophomore running back Marcus Hayes this time around. In the regular season meeting, he picked up over 300 yards rushing versus Milan. Now, last week McNairy Central did hold him down some. He only gained 144 yards and scored just two TDs. 

Oh, and BTW, senior running back Ke'Shan Gant is healthy for this game. He was injured when we last played. Gant was expected to compete for Mr. Football this season before his injury. With Page in the backfield, that gives Covington a triple threat to run the ball.

South Gibson had a triple threat too!! I'm sure that Covington won't be seeing the same Milan team they saw earlier in the year either. 

6 hours ago, Robojoe said:

South Gibson had a triple threat too!! I'm sure that Covington won't be seeing the same Milan team they saw earlier in the year either. 

Surely you jest. I didn't see one running back for SGC who could start for Covington this year, much less three.  Now their QB lit us up passing the ball in the second half, I'll give you that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Surely you jest. I didn't see one running back for SGC who could start for Covington this year, much less three.  Now their QB lit us up passing the ball in the second half, I'll give you that.

Ya I know lol :smile:. I was just fishing for some trash talk! I still think this will be a much better game than the last. 

On 11/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Beagle said:

He said the talent are underclassmen not the play makers not really the same thing.

Example in 2009 and 2010 We had very good football teams Milan and us bumped heads in the third round both years and the 2010 game was something that should be for sale on dvd some where but on both those Camden  teams  We had a kid that was sitting/watching and for good reasons he was skinny and young..He is now on the Tampa bay Bucs while all the starters for us are working 9 to 5s. He was talented but not ready to shine.

Just wondering who that kid was lol

On 11/10/2018 at 8:56 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have no doubt that there is just as much raw talent suited up for Milan as there is Covington. However your talent is upperclassmen and ours is underclassmen. Your team has been thru the fire the last couple of years and ours are still wet behind the years. This probably isn’t the year. But the next two.....

as far as this game goes hopefully we can hand our hat on the fact that the young Dawgs are peaking at the right time and Covington not so much. Maybe just maybe we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. 

yall just always seem to b there thornin sumbodys side.....pullin for your pups BPM.....yalll just need to figure out how to fina a game you can score more than 20 sumthin points....talk bout bein hung up in the the 20s

Booger just sayin:thumb:

5 hours ago, Booger said:

yall just always seem to b there thornin sumbodys side.....pullin for your pups BPM.....yalll just need to figure out how to fina a game you can score more than 20 sumthin points....talk bout bein hung up in the the 20s

Booger just sayin:thumb:

Thanks for the well wishes Boog. And you are right. We are only good for about 4tds per game. But the good thing is it only takes one.... :)

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thanks for the well wishes Boog. And you are right. We are only good for about 4tds per game. But the good thing is it only takes one.... :)

my 2 cents worth (on sale) is Covington has slacked up a little since cruising through most of the season...2 pt. conversion away from losing to SGC....beating a 3 seed by 5 at home....on the other hand Milan has won 6 in a row after a brutal early schedule...the combined record of 3 of the teams that beat them is 35-1....all 4 of their losses came to eventual region champs....just puttin that out there to hope this time around will be closer....

• Upvote 1

Covington has come out the gate slower against McNairy & SG. Both of those teams could have easily been the two seed in the region. I think the Cov coaching staff will have the kids fired up ready to play from the kickoff Friday night. I know Milan remember the lose last year in the playoffs and the one they took earlier in the season so I know they will be ready to play too. Looking forward to a good game. Win or GO Home.

GO CHARGERS! 

Edited by fanoffootball2013