Whitehaven vs Germantown

MJGOLDENBEARS

22 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Who wins the rematch? The Haven are coming off an incredible come from behind victory over Houston. While Germantown dealt with a rematch with Memphis Central, beating them 24-19. Memphis folk what yall thinking about this rematch?

MJGB:

This is the game most folks around these parts had anticipated. Both squads had to beat very talented and well coached teams. G-town's game was a tale of two halves holding on to get a win. Whitehaven had to overcome a really good team to make this happen. Throw the records out of the window. It's win or go home now.

Can't wait for Friday!

Edited by kwc

If Germantown is able to control the ball like they did in the first meeting the results will be the same. As I pointed out before the first game special teams play a big part and the Red Devils have a big edge. We will see how much difference it will make for Whitehaven to have Sneed back. They were pretty one dimensional the first meeting. I expect a close one between two good teams. Who cN maintain their composure may determine the outcome. 

18 hours ago, pigskinred said:

If Whitehaven does not turn the ball over like they did in the first game, i think they take this one. That said the QB that came in Friday night may need to play more for this to happen. He threw the ball really well.

Yeah ... Whitehaven kinda has a Tua Tagovailoa / Jalen Hurts thing going on.  Our Tua ... Keyshawn Harris, would have been the starter earlier, except, he had an injury at the beginning of the season that caused him to have to sit out most of the season. Therefore, our Jalen ... Vincent Guy Jr. remained the starting QB, even though he's garnered multiple scholarship offers as a DB over the past spring and summer at the camps. VJ is a senior and Keyshawn is a junior. The coaching staff has been working Keyshawn back into the rotation. I think they have handled this situation well actually. He can really spin it.

Edited by kwc

We establish some type of run game and not lose the turnover margin. We win. The first game we only had around 50 yards rushing. Our oline play has to get better but Sneed is the type of back that can make something out of nothing. Germantowns passing game hurt us last week as well. Baker and that tight end are a handful but I trust our coaching staff to have our defense more prepared this time around to stop their passing attack. Gonna be a great game. 

1 hour ago, Havengrad04 said:

We establish some type of run game and not lose the turnover margin. We win. The first game we only had around 50 yards rushing. Our oline play has to get better but Sneed is the type of back that can make something out of nothing. Germantowns passing game hurt us last week as well. Baker and that tight end are a handful but I trust our coaching staff to have our defense more prepared this time around to stop their passing attack. Gonna be a great game. 

#15 should check the Baker boy since he's not playing QB. Between #15, #6 and #22 hopefully the DBs make the plays we need them to make... ALSO, the D Linemen need to bow up and use their hands AND Rush the passer, smartly OR just play your best athletes (#9, #14, #5) on both sides of the ball, especially during the passing downs on Defense and have them whoop them opposing O Linemen. A good 4 man pass rush is what's needed to defeat the Devils.