eligibility

jimEhoward

2 hours ago, jimEhoward said:

I was told that her or I could have moved out of the country and back and he is still not eligible idk it’s frustrating that Tssaa just refuse to let these children play sports because of mere logistics I mean it’s not his fault that as an eight grader he cane one match away from medaling in the state tournament not reAlly a punishing offence

If you didn't have some of these schools doing all the recruiting, then this wouldn't be an issue. But my opinion is, kids should be able to go and play where they want. Some situations are just not good for a kid, and the coaches and states control too much.

Edited by PurpleWrestler

On 11/16/2018 at 3:48 PM, PurpleWrestler said:

If you didn't have some of these schools doing all the recruiting, then this wouldn't be an issue. But my opinion is, kids should be able to go and play where they want. Some situations are just not good for a kid, and the coaches and states control too much.

I agree that recruiting is one of the problems, the other being some school systems have open zones. As for situations not being good for a kid, if it were truly about the kid's best interest, sitting a year of a sport wouldn't matter. Hardly anyone transfers for any other reason than sport. There are zero eligibility issues with algebra!

• Like 1