10-A

cullycutter

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all starts tonight!!! I can't wait... 

1) Columbia Academy

2) Mt. Pleasant

3) Richland

4) Santa Fe*

5) Culleoka

6) Hampshire

* Could be the sleeper this year and could finish as high as 2nd. They will be coached well and they have a good Freshman and Sophomore class. 

My pre-season prediction for the finish after the district tournament. Unfortunately not a strong district from top to bottom again this year. Hope I'm wrong but I don't see anyone making a run in the Region beside possibly the top 2 seeds Columbia Academy and ????. 

*this all depends on everyone staying healthy. Praying for an injury free season for all of 10A. 

Hall of Champions Schedules:

Columbia Academy

@ Middle TN Christian Thursday (Nov 15th) 

@ Columbia Central Saturday, (Nov 17th)

Culleoka

host Cornersville Tuesday (Nov 13th)

@ Cascade Friday (Nov 16th) 

Hampshire

host Lewis County Tuesday (Nov 13)

host Zion Christian Friday (Nov 16th) 

Mt. Pleasant 

@ Frank Hughes Tuesday (Nov 13th)

host Cornersville Friday (Nov 16th)

Richland

@ Fayetteville Tuesday (Nov 13th)

host Eagleville Thursday (Nov 15th ) 

Santa Fe

host Fairview Tuesday (Nov 13th)

host Scotts Hill Friday (Nov 16th) 

Edited by Dunc4265

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:40 PM, cullycutter said:

Hall of Champions week is this week, does anyone have any predictions for 10-A?

What's your prediction now after everyone has played two or three games each?

My prediction is still the same with everyone besides Mt. Pleasant fighting hard not to finish 4th during the regular season. 

Edited by Dunc4265

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lynnvegas said:

CA possibly state Champs as long as Cary stays healthy. 

2: Richland

3: MTP

4: Cully

5: S Fe

6: Hampshire

I read that Columbia Academy is coming to Blount County to play in the Heritage Christmas Classic this week. They are playing last year champion Knoxville Catholic in the first round. Can you share any info about CA? 

1 hour ago, Lynnvegas said:

They are Senior heavy, 

Carson Cary is their best player. He can do it all. Believe he signed w Lopscomb.They have good size and can shoot it. Average around 80 pts a game.

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to a good game. Catholic has some size in the post but they are young, should be an exciting game. 

On 12/18/2018 at 6:41 PM, Lynnvegas said:

They are Senior heavy, 

Carson Cary is their best player. He can do it all. Believe he signed w Lopscomb.They have good size and can shoot it. Average around 80 pts a game.

Catholic wins 69-58. It was hard for both teams to find a groove foul trouble hurt both teams. Cary is an excellent player and the PG Polk is a very good too. Well coached team.

Edited by QSouth89

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 8:55 AM, CAalum said:

Is it acceptable to finally say that looking at all of the county school records that it isn't a CA problem?  With a combined record of 10-37.  With MP having 7 of those. I don't think CA is the issue.  

This is not a very strong year in Maury County period with the exception of CA. The issue is the athletes like the 6 foot 6 kid from Giles County that seem to show up every year at CA. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 12:32 AM, karl98 said:

This is not a very strong year in Maury County period with the exception of CA. The issue is the athletes like the 6 foot 6 kid from Giles County that seem to show up every year at CA. 

Completely understandable, but let us not forget the greatness that was touted in Culleoka for years.  WIlliams, the twins, and a couple other kids that never lived a day of their life in Culleoka until middle school.  Also, let us not pass on the fact that kids transfer ALL the time from the small schools to the Centrals, and Spring Hills.  Heck even on down to Summertown (this year).  So lets pass on the blame CA blame CA.  Kids go to schools they aren't zoned for so they can gain a competitive advantage, or hopes of going to play college ball every year.  Next argument on why the county records are one of if not the worst in the state.  And also lets be honest with ourselves this has been a down year for the last 5-6 years, not just this one.