10-A

cullycutter

10A looks like another bust year.  Everybody beating each other.  No clear cut winner except CA who nobody plays.  I'll be curious how many teams add CA to the schedule next season since it is a "close game" and not a district opponent.  Most of them play Zion and Riverside Christian now.  Be interesting to see.

Prediction

1. MTP

2. Richland

3. SF

4. Cully

5. CA (only because they are locked in at 5)

6. Hampshire

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thenomad said:

I'll be curious how many teams add CA to the schedule next season since it is a "close game" and not a district opponent.  Most of them play Zion and Riverside Christian now.  Be interesting to see.

Hopefully none! But in the future I'd like to see CA vs MtP once a year maybe. 

I don't see any of these teams making noise. I'm interested how the last 4 games play out. Can Richland sweep MtP? Does Santa Fe bounce back? We all know CA will win the tournament but by how much? If I were them I would destroy whoever they play as they finish out their last division I season. 

2 hours ago, thenomad said:

I don't see any of these teams making noise. I'm interested how the last 4 games play out. Can Richland sweep MtP? Does Santa Fe bounce back? We all know CA will win the tournament but by how much? If I were them I would destroy whoever they play as they finish out their last division I season. 

Guess that depends on whether they want them on future schedules.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:11 PM, Dunc4265 said:

10A Standings as of 1/25/19

1. Mt. Pleasant 5-1, 14-8
  2. Richland 4-1 , 11-9 *Has head-2-head tiebreaker over MtP
  3. Culleoka 3-2, 3-15
  4. Santa Fe 2-4, 4-14
  5. Hampshire 0-6, 1-19
  6. Columbia Academy 0-0, 18-4 

If I'm not mistaken, CA will be given the 5th spot in the tournament. I'm pretty sure that is what happened last year. CA is head and shoulders above this district. 

3 hours ago, thenomad said:

If I'm not mistaken, CA will be given the 5th spot in the tournament. I'm pretty sure that is what happened last year. CA is head and shoulders above this district. 

Last year CA was a #6 in both girls and boys. 

The way they had the tournament bracketed was:

#1 - 1st Round Bye

#2 - 1st Round Bye

#3 Hosted #5 1st Round

#4 Hosted #6 1st Round

#1 plays winner of #3 & #5

#2 plays winner of #4 & #6

Try to rap your head around that bracket layout.... set up to make sure CA doesn't keep your top 3 teams from making the Region AND keeps the #6 seed CA from eliminating their "make-believe" #1 regular season champion. 

2 hours ago, Dunc4265 said:

Last year CA was a #6 in both girls and boys. 

The way they had the tournament bracketed was:

#1 - 1st Round Bye

#2 - 1st Round Bye

#3 Hosted #5 1st Round

#4 Hosted #6 1st Round

#1 plays winner of #3 & #5

#2 plays winner of #4 & #6

Try to rap your head around that bracket layout.... set up to make sure CA doesn't keep your top 3 teams from making the Region AND keeps the #6 seed CA from eliminating their "make-believe" #1 regular season champion. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this subject. Saying make believe champion.. who says we won regular season championship anyways. It is all about the tournament.

plus if Hyle was still at Sante Fe and CA didn’t have the Giles county kid. This district would look a lot different. Would say CA and Sante Fe would likely be playing for championship with Richland and MTP close behind and who knows what would happen in the tourney.

So let CA blow everyone out one last time and everyone can say how unfair it is for them not to get to beat up on these inferior teams all year. Besides it will likely benefit them with tougher competition so they can cut the nets down in the boro In a month or so. MP, Sante Fe and Richland are young. Not sure about Cully. So district should be more competitive in next couple of years.

8 hours ago, Lynnvegas said:

MP, Sante Fe and Richland are young. Not sure about Cully. So district should be more competitive in next couple of years.

I was mistaken. With CA playing the 4 seed I assumed they were 5th. Did not pay attention to matchups. 

All teams seem to be young in this district. Many play several sophomores. Interesting to see how they perform with out CA in district next season. Unfortunately this district will be very week in comparison to surrounding districts (8A and 12A).

Edited by thenomad