10-A

cullycutter

15 hours ago, Lynnvegas said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this subject. Saying make believe champion.. who says we won regular season championship anyways. It is all about the tournament.

That was in reference to one coach that did boast about being Co-Regular Season Champions last year. But agree totally that the regular season doesn't mean much other than getting your team ready for the post season. 

7 hours ago, thenomad said:

I was mistaken. With CA playing the 4 seed I assumed they were 5th. Did not pay attention to matchups. 

All teams seem to be young in this district. Many play several sophomores. Interesting to see how they perform with out CA in district next season. Unfortunately this district will be very week in comparison to surrounding districts (8A and 12A).

MtP's main talent class is Junior heavy so next year should be a good year for them. 

Santa Fe is Soph & Freshman heavy and could have a big year for the school in 2020 & 2021 post seasons. 

Richland has a couple good Sophomores too. 

I don't know much about Cully's up coming kids beside the Sophomore post player. 

Fortunately they won't have to worry about Loretto and Summertown until the State Sectionals. The Region partner District 9A only has four teams and in the recent years it's been East Robertson and McEwen making noise out of there. 

But still with or without CA the Maury County schools are competing in Class A against public schools that are double & triple in size of theirs. Hard to compete year in and year out against that. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/29/2019 at 9:01 AM, Dunc4265 said:

10A Standings as of 1/28/19

1. Richland 5-1 , 14-8 *Has head-2-head tiebreaker over MtP
  2. Mt. Pleasant 5-1, 12-9
  3. Culleoka 3-3, 3-16
  4. Santa Fe 3-4, 5-14
  5. Hampshire 0-7, 1-20
  6. Columbia Academy 0-0, 19-4

Culleoka owns tie breaker over Santa Fe for now. If they split, santa Fe will be ahead because of beating Richland. 

15 minutes ago, thenomad said:

Next week will be a busy week for the district. Cully/SF and Richland/MtP. A lot can be decided. Not sure any of these teams compete with 9A. CA will make one more push for a state title in D1. Summertown/Loretto maybe the only chance to keep CA from Murfreesboro again. 

McKenzie and West Carroll in Region 6A will give Summertown and Loretto some tough games. McKenzie has the pieces to make a post season run. The Region 5A & 6A State Sectional match-ups will be tough game for all involved for sure. 

Loretto is young this year... I don't know what happen in our game this year but a 28 point win was not expected. 

I believe the top 2 teams in 10A should advance to the 2nd round of the Region 5 tournament. 3rd place in 10A depending on who it is could even have a shot against 9A's 2nd place team. I believe East Robinson will finish 1st in 9A. 

That was well said. CA is definitely the favorite to get to boro in this region. They have already played &  beaten everyone that will challenge them to get to state except West Carrol and Summertown. Personally don’t see either of these beating CA at CA. 

And I would agree that 2 or 3 of the 10a teams could advance to Semis. Richland has beat McEwen and Houston Co. back in Dec and Nov. but that don’t mean much in 3 weeks. Other than I feel like the Raiders can compete with the 9 a teams. Unlike an earlier post a few days ago stated.