10-A

cullycutter

District 10-A Boys and Girls Basketball bylaws:

• Five schools refuse to play one school in the regular season in cartel-style behavior

• The school the other five refused to play is given 10 forfeits for the games the other schools refused to play and are seeded last in the district tournament with a record of 0-10

• Semifinal round has 1 vs winner of 3/5 and 2 vs winner of 4/6, in order to make sure certain teams advance out of the district

• Seeds 4 and 5 are thrown to the wolves even though one would advance if the tournament format was correct

10A WBB.jpeg

Edited by JFW3

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JFW3 said:

District 10-A Boys and Girls Basketball bylaws:

• Five schools refuse to play one school in the regular season in cartel-style behavior

• The school the other five refused to play is given 10 forfeits for the games the other schools refused to play and are seeded last in the district tournament with a record of 0-10

• Semifinal round has 1 vs winner of 3/5 and 2 vs winner of 4/6, in order to make sure certain teams advance out of the district

• Seeds 4 and 5 are thrown to the wolves even though one would advance if the tournament format was correct

10A WBB.jpeg

I find so many things wrong with this district and this format. Interested to see how reclassification goes in the future (adding/losing) teams.

So next year, do they go after Richland?  All of the remaining teams next year could refuse to play them and decree forfeits for Richland.

Absolutely disgusting this behavior is permitted by the state governing body under the guise of letting each district determine their own tournament format.  This was never intended to allow what is taking place here, and this is not the first time as this happened last year in both boys and girls basketball.  Permitting this behavior is an endorsement.

Bylaws - Article I, Section 9

"All coaches must conduct themselves in a manner becoming of a coach and representative of the school."

Edited by JFW3

On 2/9/2019 at 5:07 PM, JFW3 said:

So next year, do they go after Richland?  All of the remaining teams next year could refuse to play them and decree forfeits for Richland.

Absolutely disgusting this behavior is permitted by the state governing body under the guise of letting each district determine their own tournament format.  This was never intended to allow what is taking place here, and this is not the first time as this happened last year in both boys and girls basketball.  Permitting this behavior is an endorsement.

Bylaws - Article I, Section 9

"All coaches must conduct themselves in a manner becoming of a coach and representative of the school."

How about BLATANT lying about recruiting?  Is that acceptable behavior?

CA recruits. They will be in Division 11 next year. The action is appropriate for the conduct of a school that claims to be a Christian School. The TSSAA ARRANGED THIS MOVE BY CA to move to DIVISION 11 Division next season. A class A school team that can beat AAA class schools pretty much tells the story. Dont take a rocket scientist to figure it out. 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:31 PM, Ascendotuum said:

How about BLATANT lying about recruiting?  Is that acceptable behavior?

No, recruiting is unacceptable as is lying about recruiting.

If you know of recruiting violations CA or any school is doing, you should report that to your school administration or directly to the TSSAA.  If you or anyone associated with any of these 10-A schools had evidence of recruiting, you should (have) report(ed) it.  Had you done this, it would have been unnecessary to resort to your embarrassing cartel-style behavior of refusing to play an opponent, and then declaring those games as forfeits for the opponent you refused to play.

Excusing poor behavior with other alleged poor behavior is an example of truly poor behavior.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, Lefty4 said:

CA recruits. They will be in Division 11 next year. The action is appropriate for the conduct of a school that claims to be a Christian School. The TSSAA ARRANGED THIS MOVE BY CA to move to DIVISION 11 Division next season. A class A school team that can beat AAA class schools pretty much tells the story. Dont take a rocket scientist to figure it out. 

"CA recruits" is an absolute statement which should be backed up by evidence.  You have presented none.  The statement about how CA "claims to be a Christian School" is bush league and low class.

Since providing facts is not your strong suit, here are some facts:

• All private schools will play in Division II next year.

• CA moving to Division II was not some special decision by the TSSAA to "arrange this move by CA to DII."

• A small school beating a large school is not evidence of the small school doing something illegal.

• CA girls basketball beat one AAA team this season.  Team is singular, teams is plural.

• Another 10-A team, Hampshire girls basketball (Class A, 114 enrollment) beat one AAA team this season, Spring Hill (Class AAA, 1164 enrollment).  Using the same parameters which you have laid out, the Hampshire program also did something illegal when they beat a school with an enrollment 10x greater than theirs.  This is absurd, and an embarrassing argument.

• Rocket scientists were not utilized to present these facts, they are self-evident.

In some form of irony, the CA girls team was not particularly strong this year so the cartel schools would have achieved the same result without having to cheat.

Edited by JFW3