Best team in District 3-AAA?

bigshowchamp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, HOOPSGURU said:

Did AC win at Oak Ridge or is that  a misprint? 

Yes, AC won.  I was just able to watch the first half.  AC was out-hustling our players and hitting some clutch shots.  Our defense was not good.  We are not good enough to have an off night and expect to win.  Hopefully we can use the upcoming week to work some things out.  That was only Coach Green's 7th district loss since he has been here.

I say our district is pretty wide open, but the talent level overall is down.  Unfortunately for all of our teams, District 4 is just loaded. 

That was worst game Ive seen Oak Ridge play in a while.The football guys still haven't meshed well.Booker fouled out.Zay didn't do anything.Its basketball and u can have off nights and lose but to see Oak Ridge fall apart and not be able to get the ball up the court was crazy.Seemed like it was over but AC kept hitting 3s and Oak Ridge would turn it over or miss foul shots.Green has a tuff job keeping the team focused in district play because of blowouts but this team is not good enuff to show up for 1 qtr or just turn it on when they want.Good news is games will be fun to watch this yr.Me like others missed a lot of games last 5 yrs knowing it would be a blowout.Gonna be fun to see what Green can do with this team by end of yr.

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

District is pretty wide open. Powell lost a close one to Central. I still think OR and Powell finish 1-2. District 4 should dominate region play. 

You're probably right, but don't count out 3 just yet. The season is long and you just never know how things will pan out. Besides Bearden, who IMO is the clear cut favorite when fully healthy, I think OR, Powell, and maybe even a few others can play with anybody else in 4. When Booker finally gets fully up to speed he will make us a lot better. We still have a lot of room for improvement and I am sure Powell does too. Should be fun.