Passing of Stephen John Parker (former Franklin soccer coach)

BigG

Coach Parker was at Franklin from 2007-2012 and was also a girls assistant coach for 2 seasons.  Our thoughts and prayers to the Parker family.

Stephen John Parker Memorial Site

Dear Friends and Family, It is with deep regret we inform you that Stephen John Parker has passed away. Steve was born in Slough, England, and died on Friday, Novemeber 9th, 2018 in Franklin, TN, USA at the age of 72, 24 days before his 73rd Birthday (December 3rd, 1945). He was surrounded by loving care from his family on all sides, through his last days until the very end. We extend an invitation to join the Parker family for a Celebration of Life (and football!) on Saturday, December 1st, at Steve and Paula’s home in Franklin, Tennessee. The welcoming will begin at 2:00 p.m. CST, followed by his service, with a reception immediately after. We welcome all those who can attend to gather together with us at 2217 Castlewood Dr. Franklin TN. This will be a relatively informal service, so please come as you are, with dressing appropriate for the outdoor elements of early December. Steve has requested an intimate setting for his remembrance meant, above all, for warm conversation and joyful reckoning. Bring along your favorite stories to share, as such recollections have always been one of his favorite pasttimes. Similarly, if you have any photos you would like to share, please link them in a response to the original email so we can be sure to get them in our albums! Steve is survived by his wife Paula, and his 4 children Eric, Andrew, Stephannie, and Craig. His long list of contributions to our world include services to a vast array of schools, universities, clubs, and sporting organizations, such as the Unites States Soccer Federation. Please help us by sharing this news with those you may know who also loved Steve as we have, by forwarding this email or sharing this RSVP As a final request, please do not send flowers. Alternatively, please consider making a donation in Steve’s honor to one or all three of the following organizations which funds the care of other families who have been burdened by Lewy Body Dementia and other related Parkinson and Alzheimer’s disorders. https://www.lbda.org/donate https://alzfdn.org https://www.michaeljfox.org Please RSVP at your earliest convenience. Thank you, and many kind regards from each of us. Sincerely, The Parker family

Coach Parker.jpg