White County to play out of region football schedule

Indian

On 11/15/2018 at 12:55 PM, Indian said:

I was surprised, too. I imagine it goes into effect next season. Teams in their league will be searching for another opponent, it seems. 

I am sure Franklin County will love that! They will have to pay another little school to look like they are winning,   There goes one of MacKrylon's victories!  I guess he will replace them with Moore County or maybe St. Andrews.  SAS will have to play with 11 though!  You can't run the wing-T with 8 Players.  Grundy County will be a tough Game if the Middle School Kids Go to Grundy!

If White County does it the right way, they should keep their region foes on the schedule so as the schools won't have to scramble to find games.  99.9% of all schools in TN already have their '19-'20 schedules "penciled in".  At that point, White County can then try to find Winnable games on their schedule.  

22 hours ago, ocac said:

If White County does it the right way, they should keep their region foes on the schedule so as the schools won't have to scramble to find games.  99.9% of all schools in TN already have their '19-'20 schedules "penciled in".  At that point, White County can then try to find Winnable games on their schedule.  

If they are going to do that they might as well stay in the region.They are trying to avoid taking a beating.They should have let them play in the region where it will be Soddy Daisy,Lenoir City,Walker Valley and Rhea County.Then they could have scheduled 6 cupcakes and go 5-5 or 6-4.Perhaps upset Walker Valley and 6-4 or 7-3 and playoffs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/18/2018 at 8:34 PM, Cakeman said:

I am sure Franklin County will love that! They will have to pay another little school to look like they are winning,   There goes one of MacKrylon's victories!  I guess he will replace them with Moore County or maybe St. Andrews.  SAS will have to play with 11 though!  You can't run the wing-T with 8 Players.  Grundy County will be a tough Game if the Middle School Kids Go to Grundy!

Do you just get excited and pleasure for downtalking FC as a whole? Get a life. Or go talk to MacKrylon as you call him in person. Since you seem to have such an affinity for him. Keyboard warrior

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2018 at 10:04 AM, ocac said:

Is this something that happens very often across the state of Tennessee? From Memphis to Bristol, how often does the tssaa allow this to happen? Please, no guessing, just the facts that you know for sure.

16 minutes ago, whoop said:

Is this something that happens very often across the state of Tennessee? From Memphis to Bristol, how often does the tssaa allow this to happen? Please, no guessing, just the facts that you know for sure.

I have been coaching in TN for almost 30 years & I have rarely seen it.  Sometimes you see it when a new school opens in the middle of a classification cycle & they must play an independent schedule for a year or 2.  But I can’t temember it happening simply because the school systems says they cannot compete.  I would like to see examples in the past myself.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ocac said:

I have been coaching in TN for almost 30 years & I have rarely seen it.  Sometimes you see it when a new school opens in the middle of a classification cycle & they must play an independent schedule for a year or 2.  But I can’t temember it happening simply because the school systems says they cannot compete.  I would like to see examples in the past myself.

DuPont High School in Nashville did it for two years in fall of ‘81 and 82. Went 17-3 after being 3-17 the two years before if I remember correctly. The last three years it was open they went back to a region schedule and went 8-22.

i am sure there are more recent examples.

Edited by bigchief

On 11/30/2018 at 7:27 PM, ocac said:

That's what I was thinking. Can any school ask for this? How can tssaa tell one school yes and one school no?  I understand, your team has shown several years of not being able to even compete in their district before this is allowed, but I've also been told that some schools have been denied when they have had the same situation that White county has had. How could tssaa tell one school no and another yes?

Around 1980 or 1981 every team in District 4 AAA refused to play Oak Ridge and Farragut except for William Blount. The schools were Karns, Halls, Campbell County, Carter, and Doyle. 

" ...nothing compared to what Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Famer and former Oak Ridge AD Jim Helton had to go through following Oak Ridge’s back-to-back State Titles in 1979 and 1980.

Five teams in Oak Ridge’s district dropped the Wildcats from their schedules citing various reasons; but whatever their reasons, it sent a clear message to their teams and fans: They were unwilling to believe that their kids could compete with Oak Ridge. (I bet they didn’t ask the players.)

The five teams were Campbell County, Doyle, Carter, Halls and Karns.

Prior to their ’81 surrender, these teams were a combined 2-24 vs Oak Ridge — with Doyle winning the two games. As a result of these five teams dropping Oak Ridge from their schedules, the TSSAA barred them from competing in any post-season games in 1981 and 1982 including post-season bowl games which were still a thing in 1981.

During this two-year period, Carter had an undefeated season but couldn’t go to the playoffs because of what an administrator had imposed on his team by refusing to play Oak Ridge. I bet those kids were as mad as hornets not getting to play for a State Title."

David Cleary

https://www.oakridger.com/news/20181129/thinking-not-about-what-could-have-been---but-instead-what-still-can-be

NOTE FROM RED REBELS: Only the District Champion made the playoffs in 1979-1981.

As recently as 4 years ago, both Trousdale County and Red Boiling Springs refused to play Goodpasture in any sport BUT football because all the  other sports still allow the teams to play in the  post season and simply incur a forfeit loss. Football removes you from  the  post  season. No idea why the double standard.

12 minutes ago, bigchief said:

As recently as 4 years ago, both Trousdale County and Red Boiling Springs refused to play Goodpasture in any sport BUT football because all the  other sports still allow the teams to play in the  post season and simply incur a forfeit loss. Football removes you from  the  post  season. No idea why the double standard.

Real simple in that case, Goodpasture went D-2. And that was the goal, our DOS is not a big fan of d-2/privates playing in d-1 public division.