Scott Tillman out at Lipscomb

fredjones

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

They are finding out they have  to.

As you know the results of Pope John Paul II and Father Ryan have not been good due to not spending the money necessary to be successful.  Hopefully Lipscomb Academy will not wait 20+ years to decide they need to spend major money to have athletic success in D2.

Edited by cbg

Couple fellas I've run with in the baseball world rumored to be in this discussion at Lipscomb.....Judd Granzow (Brentwood HS) as football coach and Brent High (former Lipscomb U admin) as AD.....My understanding is church of christ requirement is not what it used to be. I think the Ricky and Ingle rumors are too good to be true and way too rich for LA. 

On 11/27/2018 at 7:23 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

When money talks, people listen.

Lipscomb realizes they have to make a splash hire in multiple sports. The D2 landscape has not been kind to them and they are WAY behind. They went after the  best around for their  baseball job but got turned down several times. I expect the same approach in football. Keep throwing $$ out there and someone will take it.

There's a lot of humor in this thread, but one thing I'd like to clear up is that Lipscomb got exactly who they wanted for the baseball job.

1 minute ago, TTate said:

There's a lot of humor in this thread, but one thing I'd like to clear up is that Lipscomb got exactly who they wanted for the baseball job.

Exactly right. Don't be surprised to see Coach Coon give Baylor a serious run for the state title for the next 3-4 years. Lots and lots of very high level travel ball players at Lipscomb. 

21 hours ago, JonnyBaseball said:

Couple fellas I've run with in the baseball world rumored to be in this discussion at Lipscomb.....Judd Granzow (Brentwood HS) as football coach and Brent High (former Lipscomb U admin) as AD.....My understanding is church of christ requirement is not what it used to be. I think the Ricky and Ingle rumors are too good to be true and way too rich for LA. 

The best high school baseball coach in Middle Tennessee is Chandler Ganick at Brentwood Academy.  He was a 3 sport athlete (Football, Wrestling and Baseball) in high school and played college baseball at Lipscomb.  Yes, I understand that this will be his first season as the BA head coach but how many state championships did BA win before Chandler Ganick became the top assistant at BA.  The answer is ZERO!  IMO, Brentwood Academy had the option of making him the head coach or watching him leave for another job.  Did Lipscomb Academy talk to Ganick?

24 minutes ago, cbg said:

The best high school baseball coach in Middle Tennessee is Chandler Ganick at Brentwood Academy.  He was a 3 sport athlete (Football, Wrestling and Baseball) in high school and played college baseball at Lipscomb.  Yes, I understand that this will be his first season as the BA head coach but how many state championships did BA win before Chandler Ganick became the top assistant at BA.  The answer is ZERO!  IMO, Brentwood Academy had the option of making him the head coach or watching him leave for another job.  Did Lipscomb Academy talk to Ganick?

I will take Richie Estep. Multiple state title winner.