Scott Tillman out at Lipscomb

fredjones

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

With the TSSAA apparently having financial concerns due to revenues from the 2018 playoffs being down 19% from 2017 and 2017 was down (no numbers have been provided) from 2016 I see drastic changes on the way if the TSSAA is to survive.  I could easily see two divisions in D2 (Large & Small) for football, basketball and baseball.  Personally I don't have a problem with the split going from three to two divisions.  What truly needs to happen to help with the financial issues is for the TSSAA to place everyone (D1 & D2) back together into four (4) divisions for football, basketball and baseball. 

Class A  Small public schools and no private schools

Class AA  Public schools and private schools that do not offer any financial aid or work study.

Class AAA Public schools and small private schools that offer financial aid or work study

Class AAAA Large Public Schools and large private schools that offer financial aid

Unfortunately this will never happen as that ship sailed long ago and the difference between 85% of the public schools and the private schools is so much different than it was 25 years ago.

This will never, EVER happen. Like  you said, that ship has sailed. Public and  private will never be in the same division again.

23 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

This will never, EVER happen. Like  you said, that ship has sailed. Public and  private will never be in the same division again.

If the TSSAA for whatever reason cannot get their act together I would encourage the private schools to leave the TSSAA and form their own division.  

On 1/24/2019 at 3:08 AM, LetsGoToWork said:

It was bugging me after I posted the above as I knew I missed a school I would consider above average in D2 AA and that was Notre Dame.  Sorry Booger.  All said, I still contend the overall division is weak.   

oh.......that were fixin to go real bad.....Booger was preppin his elbows for typin a response to that lackin of ND not bein part of that top food chain.....or shall I say the Irish have been.....will see what happens goin forward......almost impossible to make the money moves needed for this D2 thing...... when as a catholic school u dont have your own Dioceses in your own city with full backin.....and your feeder system has bailed on u

sorry accepted

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

So what is the answer?  I see a lot of back and forth on here about the problems but no solutions.  Will the new AD be allowed to run the programs or will that person be merely a puppet?  Will the new hire have to clean the coaching staffs out and start fresh? Is the new AD even a component or factor in the [otential success or failures there?  The Dilfer hire could be problematic or it could make those that hired him look like geniuses.  

This statement has a ton of truth from CBG.....

"If Lipscomb is going to win in D2 the families must accept the fact that the campus will look very different and things will be done very differently from how it has appeared in the past.  The major issue with offering 100% financial aid to kids that do not come from traditional Lipscomb families or C of C kids is that some families will be very jealous.  I have watched this play out numerous times where a child (Lil Bobby) has attended a school since first grade and been the BMOC and played QB.  Now a hot shot QB arrives on campus as a freshmen and is clearly better than all the other players including Lil Bobby who is a junior or senior.  The fact of the matter is that Lil Bobby may not even be good enough to get on the field at another position.  Everyone gets mad and the whole situation blows up especially if Lil Bobby is the child of a major donor.  "

2 hours ago, cbg said:

If the TSSAA for whatever reason cannot get their act together I would encourage the private schools to leave the TSSAA and form their own division.  

You have to understand that the  National Federation will only recognize one association per state which means if you form your own, you will not be in the National Federation. This would also mean that you could not play any school that WAS in the National federation. Kinda limits your pool.

2 hours ago, bigchief said:

You have to understand that the  National Federation will only recognize one association per state which means if you form your own, you will not be in the National Federation. This would also mean that you could not play any school that WAS in the National federation. Kinda limits your pool.

How do the schools that are a members of the National Prep School league compete against the public schools on the East Coast and across the USA?  Maybe the private schools could join the National Prep School league?  Let's be honest and say what everyone knows; the public schools in Tennessee really don't want to play any of the private schools with great athletic programs.

3 hours ago, bigchief said:

Partly true. The NFHS does admit only one association per state as a "member association". However, associations can become "affiliates". No NFHS rules prohibit a school in a member association from playing any other school. Otherwise, schools like Oak Hill Academy would lose the majority of their basketball games. 

4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

If Lipscomb chooses to alter the traditional landscape that it was founded on and step away from true C of C values just so they can win, then those in charge should be removed from those positions. Seems like some have lost their way.

Well.... it's happening. Like I said last week when I said on here that Dilfer would be named the coach.. He isn't coming across the country to play with what he's got there. He will be on the recruiting trail and all of those kids and coaches aren't going to be Church of Christ.