Mairvul goes two Okelund

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, Reneg8d1 said:

Can any of the Oakland fans explain how you can have such a great team and program but can’t find a QB that can throw 5 or 10 yard pass consistently?  He has to to be there for political reasons as he literally brings nothing to the table.  

Threw for over 1,000 yards despite not playing in the 2nd half of most games, so I'd say he brings plenty to the table. You act like great qbs just grow on trees

2 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

Can any of the Oakland fans explain how you can have such a great team and program but can’t find a QB that can throw 5 or 10 yard pass consistently?  He has to to be there for political reasons as he literally brings nothing to the table.  

They can find them.  They just use them to do tricky handoffs.  You know like you see from Rankin at Alcoa.

Oakland has never been a big passing school.  Last time they did was when they had the Coach that is now at MBA.  Of course he won the Gold Ball with his offense when he was at Oakland and BEAT Rankin!

This game is going to be one of the best games in the state this year. 

I am just hoping for an injury free game and Refs that will call it the same for BOTH teams.

T$$AA please stay out of it and let the young men PLAY!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

I watched Oakland play Murvil in the regular season game...IMO, the Oakland QB has plenty enough arm and athleticism to be a good HS QB, it appeared to me that they just don't practice that part of the game a whole lot.....can't blame that on the QB.

3 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

He did a great job against us when we played the first game at Maryville. Don't let his appearance fool you.  I mentioned something about him getting down behind the center so low to someone that evening but he did a masterful job getting Oakland back in the game.

5 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

Oakland for sure doesn’t throw it very much. Probably 10 or so times a game, on average. The announcers on NFHS last Friday said he has 1400 yards or so passing (can’t remember exactly how many). They said he had 18 TD passes and 3 interceptions. I don’t think he’s played the second half very often, as far as I can remember. Oakland’s game plan just doesn’t ever really include a ton of passing. The games I’ve watched, which is most of them, he’s managed their offense well and made most of the necessary throws. When we beat Riverdale, he was the MVP of the rivalry series folks who do that game. IMHO, he’s done a good job for Oakland over the past 2 seasons. 

Regardless, getting on a message board and bashing a coach as successful as Coach Creasy and a teenage kid doesn’t really shine a great light on your character. Again, just my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

As far as the game is concerned, this is always the measuring stick for Oakland. Maryville is the program that the rest of 6A is trying to emulate. One of the best environments that I have ever watched a high school game in. Amazing place. Knowledgeable fans and really nice folks. Even the concession stand was run well. Lol. Hoping for a good game again this time around! Safe travels to you guys!

3 hours ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Oakland for sure doesn’t throw it very much. Probably 10 or so times a game, on average. The announcers on NFHS last Friday said he has 1400 yards or so passing (can’t remember exactly how many). They said he had 18 TD passes and 3 interceptions. I don’t think he’s played the second half very often, as far as I can remember. Oakland’s game plan just doesn’t ever really include a ton of passing. The games I’ve watched, which is most of them, he’s managed their offense well and made most of the necessary throws. When we beat Riverdale, he was the MVP of the rivalry series folks who do that game. IMHO, he’s done a good job for Oakland over the past 2 seasons. 

Regardless, getting on a message board and bashing a coach as successful as Coach Creasy and a teenage kid doesn’t really shine a great light on your character. Again, just my humble opinion. 

Not directly bashing anyone— a mere question and observation which carried no personal malice.   An honest question, as I understand, can often strike a cord.  Nevertheless, thank you for the incite and “humble opinion” regarding my alleged dark character.  Good Luck this Friday! 

Edited by Reneg8d1