Springfield vs Haywood again......

DutchMantel

5 minutes ago, FootballPops said:

Truth be told.  You can do that in more rural areas.  If you did that in the Metro/Nashville you'd have a mass exodous, and have 4 or 5 stacked teams with crazy numbers on the sideline(Greeneville)  Meanwhile other teams wouldn't be able to field one. Understand now?  It's not cheating. Just not fair across the board

Definitely not cheating, just a big time advantage.  

1 hour ago, BVDevil said:

a little more indepth explaination please. Forgive my ignorance 

I’ll give it a try. I think what he’s trying to say is that Greeneville, Alcoa, and Maryville are open zone city schools more or less. Anyone that wants to go there can as long as they get in, can get a ride, and pay their tuition. Now if you’ve got great sports programs, facilities, and good coaching staffs, which they all do. The upper crust of good athletes in the area are naturally going to want to come there. Is it an advantage? Absolutely. Is it wrong? Absolutely not, it’s within the scope of the rules the TSSAA has laid out. You’ll never hear me say anyone of those schools is cheating or anything like that. The players still have to put in the long hard work like anyone else, and so do the coaches. Truth be told, I wish our district would allow it.

14 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I’ll give it a try. I think what he’s trying to say is that Greeneville, Alcoa, and Maryville are open zone city schools more or less. Anyone that wants to go there can as long as they get in, can get a ride, and pay their tuition. Now if you’ve got great sports programs, facilities, and good coaching staffs, which they all do. The upper crust of good athletes in the area are naturally going to want to come there. Is it an advantage? Absolutely. Is it wrong? Absolutely not, it’s within the scope of the rules the TSSAA has laid out. You’ll never hear me say anyone of those schools is cheating or anything like that. The players still have to put in the long hard work like anyone else, and so do the coaches. Truth be told, I wish our district would allow it.

We hear this every year when everyone realizes they don’t stand s chance against us...

1 minute ago, DevilMan03 said:

We hear this every year when everyone realizes they don’t stand s chance against us...

So is it a advantage or no DevilMan? If some teams can do it, all teams should. Truth is, that rule across the board would destroy teams that never win. They wouldn't field a team because they don't have enough players. Less Teams/ Less $$$$ for the TSSAA!  They know what they're doing.  All about the dollar

3 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

i say devils up by 4 scores by halftime. Look i understand they are cocky but honestly until someone shuts them up they can keep talking lol. There is nobody on this board that would not love to have their tradition. I respect what they got going on and i will praise them...when they finally get beat i will tell them that too lol. 

To bad the fans can’t strap it up and play against one another lol. I feel like Bill Goldberging a mutha :roflolk:

1 hour ago, FootballPops said:

So is it a advantage or no DevilMan? If some teams can do it, all teams should. Truth is, that rule across the board would destroy teams that never win. They wouldn't field a team because they don't have enough players. Less Teams/ Less $$$$ for the TSSAA!  They know what they're doing.  All about the dollar

You do realize that in the eyes of the TSSAA there are way more open zoned schools than what they classified as a closed zone?  Any school system that has any kind of transfer rule in place is classified as open zoned (Rather that be for disciplinary reasons, childs safety, etc.).  Every team can technically do it as long as their School Board has that rule in place.  For the 3 teams people have mentioned (Alcoa, Maryville, and Greeneville) I could name a ton of other schools that are open zoned and don't field competitive teams  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1