Springfield vs Haywood again......

DutchMantel

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t doubt that at all. However the policy that I quoted is the current policy. It details how studentsnoutside if the zone can currently attend Springfield high school. Even mentions the tuition the have to pay. You guys are open zone just like Alcoa, Maryville and most of the public schools in the state. 

I guess I should’ve said I wish it was easier for us to do it. It takes a wavier, which is nearly impossible to get. I’ve looked into it, not for high school students but for elementary students. I think I’d have better luck running for Congress.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I guess I should’ve said I wish it was easier for us to do it. It takes a wavier, which is nearly impossible to get. I’ve looked into it, not for high school students but for elementary students. I think I’d have better luck running for Congress.

Trust me on this, it is next to impossible to get a waiver from our School Board to attend school out of zone 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t doubt that at all. However the policy that I quoted is the current policy. It details how studentsnoutside if the zone can currently attend Springfield high school. Even mentions the tuition the have to pay. You guys are open zone just like Alcoa, Maryville and most of the public schools in the state. 

Not the same at all.  Nearly all school systems will allow out of county students for a fee, including Metro Nashville.  The policy you quoted says students can apply to attend Robertson County schools not Springfield specifically, there are 5 high schools in the county. Students who live in Robertson county have to go where they are zoned, so not open zoned.

Blount County school policy, for example, says students can attend the school of their choosing provided administrators sign off, and they provide their own transportation. Robertson, Sumner, Davidson and most other school systems in the area do not allow this.

As was stated earlier it takes an act of God for anyone to be granted an out of zone request inside the county.  

I am happy with the state of Springfield football. Even if they only had 20 kids come out for football, you can bet they would be well coached and play hard.  But what the the open zoned schools have is definitely an advantage.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DANR said:

Not the same at all.  Nearly all school systems will allow out of county students for a fee, including Metro Nashville.  The policy you quoted says students can apply to attend Robertson County schools not Springfield specifically, there are 5 high schools in the county. Students who live in Robertson county have to go where they are zoned, so not open zoned.

Blount County school policy, for example, says students can attend the school of their choosing provided administrators sign off, and they provide their own transportation. Robertson, Sumner, Davidson and most other school systems in the area do not allow this.

As was stated earlier it takes an act of God for anyone to be granted an out of zone request inside the county.  

I am happy with the state of Springfield football. Even if they only had 20 kids come out for football, you can bet they would be well coached and play hard.  But what the the open zoned schools have is definitely an advantage.

Yes you are correct the students in the district have to go where they are zoned that is the only difference. You guys can take students from out of county and even out of state according to your policy. Your students have to have an administrator sign off, they have to pay tuition and they have to provide their own transportation. Same as every other open zone school system in TN. The policies may differ slightly in certain ways but at the end of the day if you allow students in from outside the zone or district you are open zone. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes you are correct the students in the district have to go where they are zoned that is the only difference. You guys can take students from out of county and even out of state according to your policy. Your students have to have an administrator sign off, they have to pay tuition and they have to provide their own transportation. Same as every other open zone school system in TN. The policies may differ slightly in certain ways but at the end of the day if you allow students in from outside the zone or district you are open zone. 

Open zone = Open zone :thumb:

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The "only difference" ??? That's huge...that's why Alcoa, and Maryville can win state championships every freaking year!  They never have rebuilding years.

Can you imagine if all the best talent in Nashville could choose where they want to go play? Heck even in Robertson County we've had 3 different teams make the championship game in 3 classes in the last 10-15 years.  I guess every school is open zoned  by your definition, if you don't see a difference I can't help you.

I'm done back to the game at hand.

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Sorry for the grandstanding. I am a long time educator and school administrator. I have had to know and deal with policy for a long time. But I’ll drop it. Don’t have a dawg in this fight anyway. Got a lot of respect for both teams. Best of luck this week. 

I am a teacher as well, I guess I am as well.  Thanks for your support of education!

1 minute ago, DANR said:

I am a teacher as well, I guess I am as well.  Thanks for your support of education!

16 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Sorry for the grandstanding. I am a long time educator and school administrator. I have had to know and deal with policy for a long time. But I’ll drop it. Don’t have a dawg in this fight anyway. Got a lot of respect for both teams. Best of luck this week. 

thank both of you guys for you support of education. Robertson county is not the easiest school district to deal with. I know of anyone they have allowed to do what you where talking about. When the state came in and redrew the maps it caused and uproar. Alot of kids i know where denied when they filed...i actually don't know anyone they approved. Its sad when parents buy homes in certain districts then then they do this and dont give parents a choice. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thanks for having the knowlege to know what you are talking about BPM. Being educated enough to educate is a great thing these days. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

• Upvote 1