Springfield vs Haywood again......

DutchMantel

On 11/20/2018 at 7:01 AM, bigdawgtn said:

actually they made alot of springfield student that live in springfield go to other schools because the state step in and rezoned everything. They denied alot of parents the ability to go to shs even though they live in the middle of springfield.

This was a total mess.  The DOJ took kids out of school zones they had been in all their lives.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:35 AM, DANR said:

Not the same at all.  Nearly all school systems will allow out of county students for a fee, including Metro Nashville.  The policy you quoted says students can apply to attend Robertson County schools not Springfield specifically, there are 5 high schools in the county. Students who live in Robertson county have to go where they are zoned, so not open zoned.

Blount County school policy, for example, says students can attend the school of their choosing provided administrators sign off, and they provide their own transportation. Robertson, Sumner, Davidson and most other school systems in the area do not allow this.

As was stated earlier it takes an act of God for anyone to be granted an out of zone request inside the county.  

I am happy with the state of Springfield football. Even if they only had 20 kids come out for football, you can bet they would be well coached and play hard.  But what the the open zoned schools have is definitely an advantage.

Because Greenbrier is just over the line, you'd be surprised how many Davidson tags mingle in to GHS.  The kids just south of the line are zoned for Hunters Lane.  Most state they'd rather pay than to send their kids to a school with almost 2000 kids 9-12.  They get tuition from them yet allow a resident to go to a school out of their zone but within the county.  There's no profit in that.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Haywood was bigger and faster.

The summary of the game is the Jackets started the game looking like crap on both sides. Before you know it it was 14-0. Then the Jackets finally started playing defense recoverying a fumble and the offense started to move the ball. Haywood fumbled the  about 4 times in first half and Jackets only recovered one. Halftime score 14-7. Jackets get the ball 2nd half and starts off around the 10 yd line in there own territory. QB throws a pick and gives the Tomcats great field position.  21-7. Fat takes KO down past the 50 on nice return. Couple plays later SHS QB throws it into double coverage at the goal line and its picked again. Haywood has a long drive with a couple of long runs and now it’s 28-7 in 3rd. And that about sealed the deal. On the KO Jackets try a reverse by pitching the wet ball and fumbled it.....giving Haywood great field position again. The Tomcats made Springfield pay once again making it 35-7. Tomcats scored 21 pts in about 5/6 mins. At that pt it was time to start warming up the bus.

29 minutes ago, LETMETELLYOUWHAT said:

Many of the Jackets on this page remember SHS during the 2A 3A days.They were good. Biggest school in the class. What happens when moved up. Will they still support the Jackets. I hope so.

We always support the Jackets, also we have been moved up for awhile now, just saying.....

2 hours ago, LETMETELLYOUWHAT said:

The reason I say this Coach Thomas was beat down after a state final and semifinals. 1-9 in 4a of 5 classes for two seasons. I hope the staff doesn’t go through this.

Yeah that was my senior year and it was 2 years after the state final win, we went to the semis the year before, I see any reason why the Jackets wont make the playoffs again next season.....

Edited by Kevin38

On 11/23/2018 at 8:50 PM, Tez2319 said:

Welcome to West Tn Springfield!! Haywood 35 Springfield 7 in the 3rd with 3 mins 

Dude we have owned west tn last 2 years..especially Jackson teams. Tomcats was just actually a really good football team. I respect what they do very much. With that said i still think they lose by at least 28. 

• Upvote 1