Springfield vs Haywood again......

DutchMantel

2 hours ago, tomcatfan said:

That's what gets on my nerves!!! I'm not on here often, but when I do it's ALL about Greeneville on any thread that you get on.  Like this one, you can't talk Springfield/Haywood without the Greeneville folks coming.  I guess they have NOTHING better to do than to sit on these message boards all day and post!!

SO not true. in fact i was just on the Greenback thread and not a single Greeneville fan was on there....hehehe.....good luck to both of these teams. I personally would like to see Haywood win, just so i can see a differenct color  uniform across from the devils this year. No offense what so ever to the jackets, because i thought for sure last year would be the year we saw Haywood, but the jackets did their thing and deserved to be in cookeville. Again, best of luck to both, i know squat about either until next week when i watch film on the winner

18 hours ago, DANR said:

I will be that guy...

Schools that have open zoning like Alcoa, Maryville, and Greeneville have a much bigger advantage than any private school that was playing D1 the last 15 years.  $500 bucks to go play at Alcoa, sign me up!

Yes these programs have built the tradition and are great schools, but that's an advantage that lots of schools don't get.  Yes... their fans can be cocky, because the team can back it up.  But let's not act like the playing field is even across the board.

I could go with your reasoning if 3/4 of the public schools in TN weren’t open zone. But unfortunately they are. Lots of schools have this advantage you speak of. 

17 hours ago, DANR said:

The 3 "dynasty" teams I mentioned, among others, are open zones.  Anybody who is willing to make the drive can play.  The out of zone "tuition" is minuscule when compared to the private school's 10-20k tuition.

In other words you don't have to live there to play there. They can draw on the best players in the area. 

Not sure about Haywood, but Springfield, and lots of public schools don't have this luxury.

Springfield is open zone. Just read Robertson Co. board policy 6.204 on attendance of non resident students. This is the same exact policy that Alcoa, Maryville and most of the public schools in TN have. You are clearly open zone. 

12 hours ago, JacketLover said:

No offense, but why does almost every thread turn into a thread about Greeneville? Let’s worry about Haywood and Springfield for now, because only one will face the Green Devils. Whoever wins can have the pleasure of jousting with the Devil faithful next week. 

Because all the Devils troll every page

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

It has nothing to do with what I think our chances would be against Greeneville. It has to do with the truth and facts. I never said it was wrong, I said it was legal. I also said I wish we could do it. I’m not worried about Greeneville right now any way. My attention is on Haywood, the game in front of us. You do have me all wrong tho. I’m a realist, not an optimist. I’ve said all year Greeneville is the top team in 4A until somebody proves otherwise. That somebody hasn’t showed up yet......

You can do it...

57 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Springfield is open zone. Just read Robertson Co. board policy 6.204 on attendance of non resident students. This is the same exact policy that Alcoa, Maryville and most of the public schools in TN have. You are clearly open zone. 

actually they made alot of springfield student that live in springfield go to other schools because the state step in and rezoned everything. They denied alot of parents the ability to go to shs even though they live in the middle of springfield.

15 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

actually they made alot of springfield student that live in springfield go to other schools because the state step in and rezoned everything. They denied alot of parents the ability to go to shs even though they live in the middle of springfield.

I don’t doubt that at all. However the policy that I quoted is the current policy. It details how studentsnoutside if the zone can currently attend Springfield high school. Even mentions the tuition the have to pay. You guys are open zone just like Alcoa, Maryville and most of the public schools in the state.