Stratford @ Covington

bigmac45

12 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

In general, Covington is known for having a good grass field. However, 3 consecutive home playoff games during the monsoon season have taken a toll. Stratford won't need to worry about field conditions, though. They will be better served to study film on our offense.

Thanks. I don't think Stratford's worried about the field. If I was to bet I'd say they want it as sloppy and slippery as possible. I was just satisfying my own curiosity more than anything.

Best of luck to both teams. :thumb:

8 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

This Stratford offense reminds of the one Maplewood had when they play Covington in the semi-finals back in 2011: One running back big and fast, another running back not as big but faster.

#2 is a beast. The other, #7 I believe, is slippery and will burn you around the edge when you load up to stop #2. Its a great tandem they got going. 

41 minutes ago, Swarm said:

#2 is a beast. The other, #7 I believe, is slippery and will burn you around the edge when you load up to stop #2. Its a great tandem they got going. 

Sounds like a good rushing attack. For those without a program, the guys to watch for Covington on offense are:

#1 QB - Senior - Brock Lomax

# 3 RB - Senior - Ke'shun Gant

#7 RB -  Sophomore - Marcus Hayes (Mr. Football semi-finalist)

#25 RB- senior - Cordarries Page

These are the folks who make our offense go.

Just now, CHARGERFAN said:

Sounds like a good rushing attack. For those without a program, the guys to watch for Covington on offense are:

Ur correct in a way but our line has to block we’ll along with the backs who don’t have the ball . If they do their job we’re tough to slow down. 

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Wow Mr Football semi-finalist as a sophomore...Impressive!

5 hours ago, Swarm said:

Couple questions. 

How big are Covington's linebackers? Is their field grass or turf? If grass, is it in good shape? 

If it's a hog pen like Fairviews field I'd do like CPA and hire helicopters to hover over it to dry it out. Lol. Weathers looking dry for the next week though. 

Covington LBs are not huge but I think they are big enough.  They will come up and stick you. Looking for some big hits and bruising runs come Friday night. The key for the Charger D for the big back will be to stop him before he get his momentum going.

Will Stratford's crowd travel well to Covington Friday night?

Edited by fanoffootball2013

40 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

On the radio they said Covington will make the trip to Stratford 

The radio was wrong. Covington went to PC last year. This year it flips and the Middle TN school has to come to us. See the bracket on the TSSAA website to confirm Covington as the home team.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

12 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The radio was wrong. Covington went to PC last year. This year it flips and the Middle TN school has to come to us. See the bracket on the TSSAA website to confirm Covington as the home team.

I knew it came to this side. I was just saying that when I heard it on the milan station that they were wrong.