CPA v Laussane

Rastus

field neutralized Eric Gray but what he had left was taken by Laussane QB who dominated handles and time on offense. Result was 21-14 CPA win that should have been put away before the last 2 min score that Laussane put up. Gray got 1 TD and his two Mr Football counterparts for CPA got one each. Early offensive force settled into long up the middle game for both. Turnovers and cold set in and the game was won by the usual CPA running game and OL. There was fog from the river and steam rising from each huddle up in the 4th Q. Two late fumbles kept the game going when it looked like CPA was going to make it 28-7 with about 7 minutes left in the game.  Patterson played his best game of year, Elledge made plays when needed although he missed Noah Henderson on an open 9 route that probably would have iced the game. CPA player numbers were a big advantage, Laussane really big guys are slow and really drug around by the time the 4th Q rolled around.

Cannot figure how Laussane did not get Eric Gray outside more, super quick but lost his feet on cuts often plus had 2 real fumbles and one more that only the refs missed.  Great game to watch.

Last year before Kane Patterson got hurt, it seemed like CPA could get a rematch with BGA for state title, gonna happen this year. Laussane won the getting off the bus look, but CPA stayed the course and won with just solid and smart play.  I don't think Eric Gray compares to Sheffield at Independence for explosiveness. As little as Laussane uses #1 he is hard to figure as to how good he can be. Best weapon on the field was underutilized tonight.

9 minutes ago, Mothman26 said:

Ingle Martin chewed the clock a lot in the first half and pounded it down Lausanne great gameplan all around from CPA defense stepped up big 

The first drive reminded me of the Peach Tree Ridge first drive a few years ago. A message delivered up front on who was going to be the more physical team. 

1 hour ago, nrgrizzlies said:

There is a thread started on the 6a forum about field conditions at CPA last night and in general.

I have no connections to Louisiana Tech or whatever that school's name is, so, no, this is not sour grapes about the outcome of the game.  It's about right and wrong.

and all this time Booger were thinkin both them teams were D2-AA

so what would be right bout it that would make the conditions perfectlly even for 2 different kind of teams and styles of play .....playin that game on nice plush dry fast artificial turf field where it becomes advantage luzianne runnin back...

...thinkin the T$$AA's top co-opin model had bout 38 wins in row until that loss....a loss must b real tuff to take

Booger just sayin eating-grapes.gif

1 hour ago, nrgrizzlies said:

It's about right and wrong.

Was the wrong part you creating a thread in 6A about two D2 schools?  It snowed in Memphis this week and I saw clips of Lausanne practicing on their turf field during it. So, if they were hosting and the snow occurred on Friday would the game have been moved to an indoor location?

Keyboard warriors saying things like the mud made tackles than CPA just show their ignorance. It rained multiple inches on Wednesday, froze Thursday, and thawed on Friday. Both teams played on the same filed and were affected. CPA’s passing game was affected as much as Lausanne’s running game. 

It was a physical game where both teams were limited because of the weather.  CPA’s defense played a great game and won. Late in the game, Lausanne was 1st and goal on the 5 and was stopped without any slipping. They lost by 7...

1 hour ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Was the wrong part you creating a thread in 6A about two D2 schools?  It snowed in Memphis this week and I saw clips of Lausanne practicing on their turf field during it. So, if they were hosting and the snow occurred on Friday would the game have been moved to an indoor location?

Keyboard warriors saying things like the mud made tackles than CPA just show their ignorance. It rained multiple inches on Wednesday, froze Thursday, and thawed on Friday. Both teams played on the same filed and were affected. CPA’s passing game was affected as much as Lausanne’s running game. 

It was a physical game where both teams were limited because of the weather.  CPA’s defense played a great game and won. Late in the game, Lausanne was 1st and goal on the 5 and was stopped without any slipping. They lost by 7...

CPA’s backs clearly were taught to run forward and not dance not sure why Lausanne didn’t prepare by tell Gray and others as well knowing the reputation CPA’s field has 

Going to try my best not to get at the field too much because I know that is just my biased view of the game. It no doubt affected the way Lausanne likes to play, but both teams had to deal with it so the field is a wash. I think on turf Lausanne is the winner by a TD, but like BreadTruck said that’s what Lausanne likes and CPA likes a game in the mud so there’s no real perfect medium. Have to play in the conditions dealt.

After watching Lausanne all season and a little CPA, then watching the game last night, I am not so sure that those aren’t the best two teams in the state, regardless of classification. I know that is a big jump and I admittedly haven’t seen a ton on every team statewide. But those are two extremely tough, talented, well-coached teams. 

Recruiting services have Patterson and Gray ranked 7 and 8 in the state, respectively. I believe you would be hard pressed to find a better two than that. Gray was unable to show his full skill set off last night but I have seen it all year. And Patterson is an absolute stud in the middle of the defense. I don’t remember a LB better than him in recent memory. 

Side note, shoutout to CPA. Very gracious and accommodating hosts. Heard lots of complimentary stuff from them about the Lynx following the game. Good luck in a couple of weeks, I think CPA wins big. 

Man, I wish we could just get a rematch of this one for the championship. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Going to try my best not to get at the field too much because I know that is just my biased view of the game. It no doubt affected the way Lausanne likes to play, but both teams had to deal with it so the field is a wash. I think on turf Lausanne is the winner by a TD, but like BreadTruck said that’s what Lausanne likes and CPA likes a game in the mud so there’s no real perfect medium. Have to play in the conditions dealt.

After watching Lausanne all season and a little CPA, then watching the game last night, I am not so sure that those aren’t the best two teams in the state, regardless of classification. I know that is a big jump and I admittedly haven’t seen a ton on every team statewide. But those are two extremely tough, talented, well-coached teams. 

Recruiting services have Patterson and Gray ranked 7 and 8 in the state, respectively. I believe you would be hard pressed to find a better two than that. Gray was unable to show his full skill set off last night but I have seen it all year. And Patterson is an absolute stud in the middle of the defense. I don’t remember a LB better than him in recent memory. 

Side note, shoutout to CPA. Very gracious and accommodating hosts. Heard lots of complimentary stuff from them about the Lynx following the game. Good luck in a couple of weeks, I think CPA wins big. 

Man, I wish we could just get a rematch of this one for the championship. 

Thanks Wilson, I always enjoy your posts. It’s hard not to really like the Lausanne players. Every interview or even the student created documentaries on YouTube makes fans even out of the opponents. Coach Locastro was even talking to CPA dads and players before the game. 

I started getting nervous there at the end. I could be wrong, but I only remember 2 fumbles all year long and we had two in the fourth quarter... I do think Eric would have had a couple of long TDs on a dry track but I think Noah would have also. 

I saw some media reports that Kane said he wants to talk Eric into going to Clemson. I know it won’t happen, but it would be fun to see.