1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

Just watched the SP/WHS game and wow. What a game! After seeing SP’s offense for the second time, I’ll say that GB’s offense is better. The GB defensive line is better than SP’s and the back 7 is about evened out. Whitwell will not be able to run directly up the middle or they’ll be stuffed. What scares me is Ashworth. Very good with his feet and scrambling. The edge of our defense is where GB will need to keep in check or we could be in for a long night. And if you haven’t seen an air raid before, you more than likely will Friday night. Hopefully no rain and field conditions are good so everyone can display what they’ve got. Hopefully the GB fans show up and are ready because the last two games have just seemed like a social event to most. It’s football time! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Greenback losing their all state receiver hurts them badly. The team that SP faced last seasons in the semifinals was a complete, healthy team.  This Greenback team is experience in this game, but they are definitely not coming into this one with a full aresenal.  I believe Whitwell will be close in this game and have a shot to win it. They once again had a lot of things happen last night that make you wonder if it’s just meant to be for them. 

It's funny you say it's just meant to be because after we scored our last touchdown in regulation and went up 12 with 5 minutes to go I looked over the scoreboard and saw a shooting star disappear right behind it. Somebody from Whitwell made a wish for sure and it came true lol Whitwell won a game they shouldn't had last night and that's credit to them. Sometimes you're gonna squeak them out along the journey.

1 minute ago, cherokee23 said:

Just watched the SP/WHS game and wow. What a game! After seeing SP’s offense for the second time, I’ll say that GB’s offense is better. The GB defensive line is better than SP’s and the back 7 is about evened out. Whitwell will not be able to run directly up the middle or they’ll be stuffed. What scares me is Ashworth. Very good with his feet and scrambling. The edge of our defense is where GB will need to keep in check or we could be in for a long night. And if you haven’t seen an air raid before, you more than likely will Friday night. Hopefully no rain and field conditions are good so everyone can display what they’ve got. Hopefully the GB fans show up and are ready because the last two games have just seemed like a social event to most. It’s football time! 

It will take our best coaching effort of the year and the boys will have to play to near perfection to pull out a win Fri.Our sloppy play the last two weeks has been frustrating.The D line is playing great ball right now,but you are right our edge contain could be better.Losing Gilbert and now #23 that takes a ton away from our offense and doesnt help our D either.The D has overcome but our O needs more consistency,and WE HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL!This is not a problem we have had.I think this puts this game as a toss up right now.With those two athletes in the lineup i wouldnt ever be concerned.....but they are not!Gonna be a long week.

15 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

By the way whatever the coaches said to number 6 at half time he came out in the second half like a whole different back.When he hit that kid from coalfield number 24 I thought he killed him.Was hitting the hole hard!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

It will take our best coaching effort of the year and the boys will have to play to near perfection to pull out a win Fri.Our sloppy play the last two weeks has been frustrating.The D line is playing great ball right now,but you are right our edge contain could be better.Losing Gilbert and now #23 that takes a ton away from our offense and doesnt help our D either.The D has overcome but our O needs more consistency,and WE HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL!This is not a problem we have had.I think this puts this game as a toss up right now.With those two athletes in the lineup i wouldnt ever be concerned.....but they are not!Gonna be a long week.

In the first half alone our receivers actually dropped 8 balls that hit their hands. A couple had alligator arms and looked like they were anticipating the hit which is not something that most of them do.

1 minute ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

In the first half alone our receivers actually dropped 8 balls that hit their hands. A couple had alligator arms and looked like they were anticipating the hit which is not something that most of them do.

This is what is killing me!We dont drop passes and we dont run scared!

15 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

By the way whatever the coaches said to number 6 at half time he came out in the second half like a whole different back.When he hit that kid from coalfield number 24 I thought he killed him.Was hitting the hole hard!!

Brother was saying coach pulled all the coaches and lineman into a room at the half and chewed on them and then pulled the RB’s into the room and chewed them too. Heck if that’s the case, should’ve chewed the whole team. Got them going tho. 

4 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

What do you think of this game? You nervous yet? Lol 

Semis yes!If we were clean last night i would feel better.The run game made me feel much better about that.But the pass game is our gold standard and the last couple games has been below standards.As BH said we are SPOILED!But BH for us to advance it will take those efforts we are used to.

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Semis yes!If we were clean last night i would feel better.The run game made me feel much better about that.But the pass game is our gold standard and the last couple games has been below standards.As BH said we are SPOILED!But BH for us to advance it will take those efforts we are used to.

If we  play like we did last night (in the first half) it will come to an end Friday night. Receivers has to quit being scared to catch the ball across the middle!!!!