1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

We have more than our hands full this week,we will have to play the best game we have played since SP last year and im not confident we can.Missing two all state players both with Mr football ability will be hard to overcome.For us to win our coaches will have to do like the 2016 Semis and open it up and have a great game plan.Our boys will have to be focused from the start and play that way THE ENTIRE game.We done that three times this year against CAK,Grace and Coalfield first game but 23 had a big hand in those games.We have to play what we have NOW and in my opinion we have the kids to get it done but can they stay on task the WHOLE game??Whoever is worried about Cville,LC and what comes the following Sat hasnt seen the same team ive watched the last two Fri nights.We are not the team we were last year nor the team we were 5 weeks ago.We need to find our new identity in 4 days!I do think the second half of Fris game we started getting there but can we build off of that??When our line plays to its potential we are a different team but they are up and down.The one thing thats eases my mind is when they have had to step up they have.This is that time this Fri at Whitwell High School in the State Semi Final football game,Let go and see where we end up.

10 hours ago, WingoVFL said:

One player from whitwell got rattled and it was the center, he checked his self out of the game. Warner is a great player but like someone said before the 4 headed monster (Petty,Wingo, Warner,Stewart) it’s hard to focus on one player, and plus it’s not like we wasn’t moving the ball when we would do what we always do. Just dumb flags was being thrown (both ways)

That is accurate. I also believe that there was some confusion in the 1st half with some new play calls (delay of game, etc.). I do not think that there is any need for a lot of new plays this week. Maybe a few new wrinkles, but line up and play to the strengths of what got you this far and win your one on one matchups, but what do I know, I'm a football stand weenie, but proud parent (LOL). Looking forward to a great, injury free game. Safe travels GB faithful. See y'all Friday in Whitvegas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiger1988 said:

That is accurate. I also believe that there was some confusion in the 1st half with some new play calls (delay of game, etc.). I do not think that there is any need for a lot of new plays this week. Maybe a few new wrinkles, but line up and play to the strengths of what got you this far and win your one on one matchups, but what do I know, I'm a football stand weenie, but proud parent (LOL). Looking forward to a great, injury free game. Safe travels GB faithful. See y'all Friday in Whitvegas.

Who is your son?

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We have more than our hands full this week,we will have to play the best game we have played since SP last year and im not confident we can.Missing two all state players both with Mr football ability will be hard to overcome.For us to win our coaches will have to do like the 2016 Semis and open it up and have a great game plan.Our boys will have to be focused from the start and play that way THE ENTIRE game.We done that three times this year against CAK,Grace and Coalfield first game but 23 had a big hand in those games.We have to play what we have NOW and in my opinion we have the kids to get it done but can they stay on task the WHOLE game??Whoever is worried about Cville,LC and what comes the following Sat hasnt seen the same team ive watched the last two Fri nights.We are not the team we were last year nor the team we were 5 weeks ago.We need to find our new identity in 4 days!I do think the second half of Fris game we started getting there but can we build off of that??When our line plays to its potential we are a different team but they are up and down.The one thing thats eases my mind is when they have had to step up they have.This is that time this Fri at Whitwell High School in the State Semi Final football game,Let go and see where we end up.

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you wish you still had my durn Billy goat.  Tell that Ryan man to run that 6-5 defence that I told Grider to run.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, WingoVFL said:

Moore County thought they was actually competing with us too lol 

Actually they were to an extent with their 27 players...but it's hard for the two visiting teams to compete when the group officiating is bias towards the host.  Plus, if it wasn't for the format of the scrimmage Whitwell would've seen 3 in out multiple times...just sayin.