1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

1 hour ago, GbMan said:

Does the game start eastern time or central time wasn't sure where the time zone is down there? 

That's an excellent question because East Tennessee consists of 33 counties, 30 located within the Eastern Time Zone and three counties in the Central Time Zone (Bledsoe, Cumberland, and Marion).

This concludes our TED Talk for today. 

Go 'Kees!

41 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

That's an excellent question because East Tennessee consists of 33 counties, 30 located within the Eastern Time Zone and three counties in the Central Time Zone (Bledsoe, Cumberland, and Marion).

This concludes our TED Talk for today. 

Go 'Kees!

are you meaning counties located in regions 1-4?  Because if so there are a lot more than that in central time zone

Coming down from 75 then to 24 is a nightmare when you hit the Hamilton County line, so I would advise to leave early or go the back way on 40 to Crossville  and take 127 that turns to 28 once you get out of Dunlap to Whitwell. 24 is one of the worst interstates in the USA.  I hate going to Chattanooga bc of it.  Just leave early is all I'm saying and be careful bc it's going to be messy. 

31 minutes ago, sportman said:

Coming down from 75 then to 24 is a nightmare when you hit the Hamilton County line, so I would advise to leave early or go the back way on 40 to Crossville  and take 127 that turns to 28 once you get out of Dunlap to Whitwell. 24 is one of the worst interstates in the USA.  I hate going to Chattanooga bc of it.  Just leave early is all I'm saying and be careful bc it's going to be messy. 

We going 75 to xit 49 athens over to 27 to 111 the 28.I like that way.My wife and i ride our bike over to Olivers Smoke house in Marion,i dont care for that 75/24 at all,went the same way to South Pitt two years ago had a great drive!

Edited by orngnblk

12 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

He’s a good LB for us but nothing like Whitwell’s. But he also has another year to get better. And WingoVFL, no we haven’t played skill players as good as Whitwell’s but in the passing game, will they be able to drop and cover the zones? Won’t be able to play straight man coverage or it’ll be a long night. But will we be able to tackle?

LOPAO, GB must establish run game! QB is very crafty & will give Tigers a fit running & passing. The same is true of #15 for Whitwell. Going to be a dandy

12 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

He’s a good LB for us but nothing like Whitwell’s. But he also has another year to get better. And WingoVFL, no we haven’t played skill players as good as Whitwell’s but in the passing game, will they be able to drop and cover the zones? Won’t be able to play straight man coverage or it’ll be a long night. But will we be able to tackle?

This LB talk got me to thinking . 

I actually thought that #55 was our leading tackler and he was for the first half of the season and is a close second.  Our DL makes a lot of tackles, 160 total to be exact compared to LB's at 104.5.  This is according to the on-line stats.  I'm no statistician but that seems like a lot of tackles for a DL.  There were a lot of games where the LB's have few tackle because the RB's weren't getting past the LOS.

I wasn't around last year so I don't have a point of reference here so I have a question.  There were two LB's last year that had 130+ tackles, why is that?  Is the line play that much better this year?  I know Gilbert was a great LB but most of the time the RB's are getting stopped before they get to the LB's.  I know #3 hasn't played as much defense this year because of the early injury but he is at only a fraction of the tackles he had last year.

DB's have made their share of tackles this year but the majority of them have been against the passing teams as they should be.

Anyway. Just curious.  Either way it works because rushing yards have been hard to come by for opposing teams since the first game.

4 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

This LB talk got me to thinking . 

I actually thought that #55 was our leading tackler and he was for the first half of the season and is a close second.  Our DL makes a lot of tackles, 160 total to be exact compared to LB's at 104.5.  This is according to the on-line stats.  I'm no statistician but that seems like a lot of tackles for a DL.  There were a lot of games where the LB's have few tackle because the RB's weren't getting past the LOS.

I wasn't around last year so I don't have a point of reference here so I have a question.  There were two LB's last year that had 130+ tackles, why is that?  Is the line play that much better this year?  I know Gilbert was a great LB but most of the time the RB's are getting stopped before they get to the LB's.  I know #3 hasn't played as much defense this year because of the early injury but he is at only a fraction of the tackles he had last year.

DB's have made their share of tackles this year but the majority of them have been against the passing teams as they should be.

Anyway. Just curious.  Either way it works because rushing yards have been hard to come by for opposing teams since the first game.

55 might be our leading tackler now. As for the numbers that was recorded for last year, they’re not accurate. 

Weather for Whitwell.

Fri, Nov 23

PM Showers

49°/41°
50%

• Humidity: 69%
  • Wind: SE 10 mph
  • UV Index: 3 of 10
  • Sunrise: 6:24 am
  • Sunset: 4:31 pm
  • Partly cloudy in the morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers later in the day. High 49F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Fri Night

Rain

-- /41°
100%
  • Humidity: 97%
  • Wind: SSE 9 mph
  • UV Index: 0 of 10
  • Moonrise: 5:17 pm
  • Moonset: 6:36 am
  • Moonphase: Full Moon
  • Cloudy with periods of rain. Low 41F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.