1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

59 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Don’t be so sure. Last week SP pretty much seem to control the game up front, but couldn’t stop the deep ball and it ultimately cost them. Petty for Whitwell will be the best player on the field on defense. It should be a good game. 

I saw in person the regular season SP/Whitwell game, so I have a question. Did SP have an off game the first time they played or did Whitwell have an off game the second time they played?  

7 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

I saw in person the regular season SP/Whitwell game, so I have a question. Did SP have an off game the first time they played or did Whitwell have an off game the second time they played?  

SP killed themselves the first game with turnovers. Didn’t have very much energy or fight. Second game, Whitwell started slow and got rattled when SP jumped on them. Just didn’t finish the game. 

Good luck to both teams tomorrow. Whitwell has had best practice of the year at the right time. Thing that helps the most in this game from Whitwell standpoint... Is they got to see live action from GB in a scrimmage... So the kids know what they will be going up against minus the transfer from Alcoa.  Should be a good one tomorrow.

3 hours ago, WARBOSS said:

I've had a wonderful day today Cherokee23..thank you! Tomorrow will be even better. Whitwell has its chance to play for a state title and just so happens this mighty foe that goes by the name of GREENBACK!! This foe is proven, mighty and fierce! Whitwell will have to play with every ounce of energy, bits of emotions and a heart full of pride to stay on the field with this Goliath of a opponent. Wingo is going to have a big night running the ball to open up Petty and Ashworth. Stewart and Petty will have to make key receptions with Warner Ashworth playing the game of his career!!! This will be no easy task!! Greenback has heart and pride also! The line on both sides are the key to this game in my eyes. Whitwell has there hands full but the have the team..HEART! But I see the linemen playing there hearts off!! Also, Whitwells defense must play light you up mistake free ferocious defense for 48 minutes...not 43. The DEFENSE must win this game!! Greenback have a safe trip to and from..your a great team and if you win I hope you win it all again if you win tomorrow night!!! WHITWELL TIGERS!!!! It's now or never?? Do you have it? Can you do it?? I'll tell you what the valley thinks...it time for Tigers to roam the field Friday night hunting for prey!! There will be a whole Greenback team to beat on! If you want it you have take it from the best! Prove your worth and represent the East for the State Championship!!! Good luck guys!! The whole Chattanooga area is for you to make history!!!

I want to get invited to this guys thanksgiving dinner  next year :blink:  Better eat something to soak them beverages up. Can’t be feeling rough in the morning it will be gameday! 

38 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Good luck to both teams tomorrow. Whitwell has had best practice of the year at the right time. Thing that helps the most in this game from Whitwell standpoint... Is they got to see live action from GB in a scrimmage... So the kids know what they will be going up against minus the transfer from Alcoa.  Should be a good one tomorrow.

I’m sure you’ve got them prepared! 

48 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

Honestly the second game SP played vs Whitwell was better because they didn’t have 3 turnovers. The first game they had 3 turnovers and lost by 22. The second game they had 2 turnovers and lost by 6. In two games SP had 5 turnovers (including 2 into the end zone for touchbacks) and Whitwell had 1. In my opinion they took care of the ball better and that was the biggest difference in both games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Cant go wrong with Lands in dunlap, sue Bob's in xroads or Johnny's hook and grill.  All three are great but Johnny's be my choice.  Great fish, fried pickles and such.  Good luck to both teams, hoping the tigers can force some turnovers and make history

Thanks!!  I haven't made my mind up if I'm coming to this game or going to Oakland, but if I come to Whitwell, Johnny's was my choice as well...

7 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

GB was minus more than the kid from Alcoa.

• Like 1

Winning is not a sometime thing,its an all the time thing.You dont do things right once in a while,you them right all the time.Winning is a habit!

Cherokees just do what you do!The past means nothing tonight except for the experience it has given you.The game will be won by the guys on the field TONIGHT not last year nor 3 weeks ago.Have each others back and play for the one beside you.YOU CAN GET THIS DONE AND LEAVE NO DOUBT WHO WE ARE!Leave it all on the field and walk off like winners regardless.

Good luck to both and hope for an injury free game!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Upvote 1