1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

When Whitwell beat SP the first time, i said lookout GBack. Several GB posters said GB had nothing to look out for. They were untouchable in 1A.

Some major crow eating to be had tonight!

Congrats to Whitwell and Cornersville. I'm gonna say that Cville is the underdog in the game of underdogs here, but should be a good one..

Well most respected Whitwell plus at that time we were fully loaded. Our offense took a huge blow 2 weeks ago and the GB boys still almost pulled out a victory against a Whitwell team with playmakers intact. Losing our #20 before halftime hurt as well. Really good defensive player. A couple bad defensive plays on GB hurt and we were one dimensional. Congrats to Whitwell....it was in the stars and meant to be long before tonight.

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Feel bad for you guys but its been one heck of a run. Pretty much knew you guys would have both hands for,you son't beat the teams Whitwell has without being a great team.

Pujo it was a tough loss in such a close game to the wire. Just wished we had our full arsenal to throw at them both ways. Wish Whitwell the best next week. Neither team gave up!

1 hour ago, ladykee said:

Well most respected Whitwell plus at that time we were fully loaded. Our offense took a huge blow 2 weeks ago and the GB boys still almost pulled out a victory against a Whitwell team with playmakers intact. Losing our #20 before halftime hurt as well. Really good defensive player. A couple bad defensive plays on GB hurt and we were one dimensional. Congrats to Whitwell....it was in the stars and meant to be long before tonight.

Our QB was out too! That was huge. He did manage the pain and came back for a play here and there but not to his full potential. Y’all played a great game and thank you!

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No reason to feel sorry,have to get it done in these games.Gave up two big runs early.Didnt execute well.Oline and Dline played well were knocking them around.Whitwell got some huge plays in!Good luck to them!

O&b what kind of mess is this? Why did that Ryan man not put those pass defenders in prevent defence? I told you to run that 6-5 defence like Grider did and when that Boldin man had to pass put them in prevent defence. You think im joking but im not. 

5 hours ago, ladykee said:

Ladykee, I, too think all things happen for a reason. I've heard people say God don't care about a football game, I doubt he does either but he deals with humans and ALL aspects of their lives.  Life's lessons are what molds us and keeps us in check. I'm sure lessons were learned last night  and it could be  for either or both sides. Or as you said this one could have been in the cards for awhile. I'm not saying this to diminish what Whitwell did or even say you guys were cursed.Regardless ,twas a strange game and life is MUCH bigger than a sporting event.  I think I learned some good things while my oldest was playing in High school. I view this much different with my youngest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

Ladykee, I, too think all things happen for a reason. I've heard people say God don't care about a football game, I doubt he does either but he deals with humans and ALL aspects of their lives.  Life's lessons are what molds us and keeps us in check. I'm sure lessons were learned last night  and it could be  for either or both sides. Or as you said this one could have been in the cards for awhile. I'm not saying this to diminish what Whitwell did or even say you guys were cursed.Regardless ,twas a strange game and life is MUCH bigger than a sporting event.  I think I learned some good things while my oldest was playing in High school. I view this much different with my youngest. 

Agree! Great comment

Just now, rtl112 said:

I agree

Gilbert was a HUGE part of this team and the Receiver getting hurt was a BIG blow. That being said Greenback was still good enough to win it all. It just didn't go their way last night. And yeah I despise the prevent defense.  Gotta give Whitwell credit because they did what they HAD to do when they HAD to do it. They also have a pretty talented team themselves.

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

O&b what kind of mess is this? Why did that Ryan man not put those pass defenders in prevent defence? I told you to run that 6-5 defence like Grider did and when that Boldin man had to pass put them in prevent defence. You think im joking but im not. 

Roy that prevent D that you’re talking about was what we were in when they got into field goal range. 

Did I say I HATE that D all it does is prevents a team from winning!!