1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

38 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Roy that prevent D that you’re talking about was what we were in when they got into field goal range. 

Did I say I HATE that D all it does is prevents a team from winning!!

What kind of mess is this? When that Boldin man kicked the field goal that Ryan man should have put all 11 boys on the line and bull rushed the kicker.  You dont put 5 boys in prevent when they are kicking.  You think im joking but im not. 

• Like 1

Today's paper says Wingo had 15-137 and Petty had 15-108 2 td's rushing. Petty was 5-6 105 1 td passing. Total yds Whitwell 352yds Greenback 328 yds. Greenback run 64 plays to Whitwells 41. Wingo..good job stepping up in the clutch. You could tell you weren't 100 % but you gutted out some big tough yards. You proved a lot last night!! Petty..I don't know what to say other than your a joy to watch..a coach on the field it seems. You have that unknown factor. You stepped up big when Ashworth went down. Stewart you have become a all state caliber WR. Big plays every game lately and #2and #4 have contributed catching clutch balls. Most of all I would like to recognize the offensive and defensive linemen. Outsized on both sides..but played with every ounce of heart they had..gritty group!! We're pretty banged up..our health will be major next Saturday. I hope everyone recovers completely so we're at full speed vs a very tough Cornersville team!

Edited by WARBOSS

10 hours ago, pujo said:

What a game ,nobody beating the cardiac kids. 

Cardiac kids is correct.  May I use this in the future?  I’ve needed extra blood pressure meds for the past two weeks.  Great games both times on both sides of the field.  Our kids have played together from PeeWee Football just like most and to finally see their love for the game produce this kind of result almost leaves one speechless.  From first downs to penalties back to touchdowns, to fans cheering for you and against you, to hearing the final horn blow at the end of the game only to realize you won and you've made school history once again and the State Championship is within your grasp,  it’s simply Amazing.  Sorry to talk so proudly when technical details are usually the norm, but  this quote just seemed to fit.  

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Gilbert was a HUGE part of this team and the Receiver getting hurt was a BIG blow. That being said Greenback was still good enough to win it all. It just didn't go their way last night. And yeah I despise the prevent defense.  Gotta give Whitwell credit because they did what they HAD to do when they HAD to do it. They also have a pretty talented team themselves.

This says it all,for someone to say "no reason to not win it all" is ludicrous. We lost the best running back in all of 1A the kid that came from Alcoa was a good running back but he wasn't a great running back like Gilbert.Then you lose the best receiver in 1A and anybody who says different I'll tell you you you're wrong the kid is the real deal. Not including what these two brought first on defense Gilbert was a great defensive player and so was number 23 .but last night we got beat we didn't do what we had to do when we needed to do it and that's the difference when you're playing two good teams.one good team playing and ave team can get away with that but Whitwell has a very good team we didn't make the stops in the first half that we needed to.We made good adjustments at the half to stop the run up the middle,they just had a couple of plays that went their way and kudos to them they're getting to go to the big dance and show what they have.We've been there three years in a row we've had a good run we will regroup and get back after it and see what we can do next year.One thing is for sure we still won the region AGAIN and we were 1 of the last four standing,you dont stand a chance if your not there.Pujo my friend your words in all these posts could not run more true.Its just a game.Was setting here reading and my son calls and tells me a friend had passed last night from a heroin overdose,thats two in the past three months.This game is fun and it takes us back to our youth but somethings are just a little bigger.

Good luck to Whitwell do your best to ride this miraculous season out and try to bring the Gold back were it belongs!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TrellBlazer said:

Cardiac kids is correct.  May I use this in the future?  I’ve needed extra blood pressure meds for the past two weeks.  Great games both times on both sides of the field.  Our kids have played together from PeeWee Football just like most and to finally see their love for the game produce this kind of result almost leaves one speechless.  From first downs to penalties back to touchdowns, to fans cheering for you and against you, to hearing the final horn blow at the end of the game only to realize you won and you've made school history once again and the State Championship is within your grasp,  it’s simply Amazing.  Sorry to talk so proudly when technical details are usually the norm, but  this quote just seemed to fit.  

Enjoy it!Its your time.Doesnt come around often!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

Roy that prevent D that you’re talking about was what we were in when they got into field goal range. 

Did I say I HATE that D all it does is prevents a team from winning!!

I totally agree.I just call it the Tennessee D.Everytime i see it my team loses.LOL.

On to next year my friend.....Where did Ox put that Tracker so i can find my goat???Im gonna make alot of people REAL mad..........!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I totally agree.I just call it the Tennessee D.Everytime i see it my team loses.LOL.

On to next year my friend.....Where did Ox put that Tracker so i can find my goat???Im gonna make alot of people REAL mad..........!

What kind of mess is this? That muskox man said he put that tracker I my goats hind end.  I garuntee you that is a bunch of mess cause that goat still messes everywhere.  I think he tried to put something else in his hind end.  You think im joking but im not. 

Congrats to whitwell on a heck of a ballgame and I hope you guys keep the gold ball in east tn for another year...I'll just say I'm still scratching my head on some of the play calls...I think everyone in the stadium knew the halfback pass was about to happen and then the jump pass for 2 as well