1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Woah.... Petty is a really good HS player. There is no doubt about it, but one of the best EVER? Did you see Eddie Brown, Eric Westmoreland, Eddie Moore, and others play? Good grief man you’ve got to get out of the valley sometime. LMBO

Some teams that have never had consistent success get really excited when they finally have a team good. Petty is a really good player. So is Wingo and Ashworth. On of the best ever?? Lol no. Just going through SP and Jasper greats he is not a top 10 all time. I didn't even include any players from across the state.But everyone has an opinion. Good luck to the Tigers.

A huge Whitwell fan, but I am a realist. I watched 23 snag one handed passes all during warm ups with his other arm in a sling. If he was healthy and played, I believe the outcome may have been drepreswet. Hated it for Greenback, but this time of year you play with the hand you are dealt. Whitwell's QB getting hurt didn't help, but Petty stepped up when needed most. I knew it would not be a blowout, either way. Good hard nosed game. I predict Greenback will represent the East next year after a stout challenge from SP.

5 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

But still yet its not a fact

Let’s say Whitwell playing without Petty would probably cost Whitwell the game vs GB. Not a fact but one most educated football minds would say it would have been a different game without him and GB wins. Take Petty off the field or even Wingo for that matter and GB wins that game last night. Would have changed everything. Now there are miracles and freak things but the better team did not win last night but a really good team did win with what was available and they capitalized on a somewhat handicapped team & still barely escaped. Not to mention we lost #20 early in the game. The whole landscape changed for GB and by golly they almost pulled it off. Hanley’s legs alone about did it. There is no doubt a fully healthy GB team beats Whitwell last night lol! Come on haters hate.....waiting for it. Pujo you speak unbiased truth and you get it! Not taking anything from Whitwell playmakers but they dodged a bullet.

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

You literally just said Petty put them in position to win. My point exactly. Petty did the job just as well. If Ashworth wasn’t banged up, I don’t think it would’ve been much different except Petty and Wingo would’ve been in the RB position getting the ball. Nobody has to sit down especially anyone from South Pitt or Greenback. You’re talking about 2 of the best football programs in East Tennessee. Whitwell has a good team this year but after that, what’s next? This is one year bud. Nobody is sitting down.

Ya my point exactly  an all purpose back playing QB put them in position to win, instead of being one of Warner’s weapons....

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Woah.... Petty is a really good HS player. There is no doubt about it, but one of the best EVER? Did you see Eddie Brown, Eric Westmoreland, Eddie Moore, and others play? Good grief man you’ve got to get out of the valley sometime. LMBO

I’m not from the valley, nor do I live in the valley, I only went to HS in the area and played college ball with loads of players from Greenback, Alcoa and Maryville. 

The difference in what your saying is ceilings and talent vs  being a football player, he’s not as athletic as those guys and doesn’t have the ceiling , however (other then westmoreland who I’ve never seen play a game in person just on film, and heard about his football iq in practice from the man who coached him.) how many of those guys could literally play any positon on the field, especially QB in the semi finals and produce at a championship level.

6 minutes ago, Tiger1988 said:

A huge Whitwell fan, but I am a realist. I watched 23 snag one handed passes all during warm ups with his other arm in a sling. If he was healthy and played, I believe the outcome may have been drepreswet. Hated it for Greenback, but this time of year you play with the hand you are dealt. Whitwell's QB getting hurt didn't help, but Petty stepped up when needed most. I knew it would not be a blowout, either way. Good hard nosed game. I predict Greenback will represent the East next year after a stout challenge from SP.

Much respected post! I like realists a lot of people don’t. You are 100% correct you play the hand you are dealt and as a Cherokee fan we have much to appreciate for the fight the Cherokees brought to Whitwell’s full aresenal minus their QB for a short period. Petty is a versatile baller who did what he needed to do along with Wingo and the others. Being a realist I doubt you  would have liked Whitwell’s chances without Petty on the field last night and had GB been playing Whitwell without a Petty our realists would have realized the “gift” we were given. I still wish Whitwell the best and know if nothing else they will take a lot of fight to Cornersville and hopefully they can pass because that is how you beat Cornersville who will have to sell out to stop your run game. Just being real!

49 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I know you’ve watched plenty of football games so you can’t be this dumb. If #23 plays, GB is able to pass the ball. 

If 3 has 2 healthy wheels he’s burying 3 of those runs in the back of the end zone.    

Like I said it is what it is, 2 banged up championship teams going at it for 4 quarters, with what they had past that..... That’s how better teams are decided.

1 hour ago, ladykee said:

Much respected post! I like realists a lot of people don’t. You are 100% correct you play the hand you are dealt and as a Cherokee fan we have much to appreciate for the fight the Cherokees brought to Whitwell’s full aresenal minus their QB for a short period. Petty is a versatile baller who did what he needed to do along with Wingo and the others. Being a realist I doubt you  would have liked Whitwell’s chances without Petty on the field last night and had GB been playing Whitwell without a Petty our realists would have realized the “gift” we were given. I still wish Whitwell the best and know if nothing else they will take a lot of fight to Cornersville and hopefully they can pass because that is how you beat Cornersville who will have to sell out to stop your run game. Just being real!

That's it ladykee. As a realist, if Petty is out, we probably lose this game. If we have to play next week without our QB, we will show up and play the hand we are dealt. Hope you didn't take that last post as disrespectful because it wasn't intended that way. I just meant to say that if 23 plays, Whitwell more than likely loses.

22 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Let’s say Whitwell playing without Petty would probably cost Whitwell the game vs GB. Not a fact but one most educated football minds would say it would have been a different game without him and GB wins. Take Petty off the field or even Wingo for that matter and GB wins that game last night. Would have changed everything. Now there are miracles and freak things but the better team did not win last night but a really good team did win with what was available and they capitalized on a somewhat handicapped team & still barely escaped. Not to mention we lost #20 early in the game. The whole landscape changed for GB and by golly they almost pulled it off. Hanley’s legs alone about did it. There is no doubt a fully healthy GB team beats Whitwell last night lol! Come on haters hate.....waiting for it. Pujo you speak unbiased truth and you get it! Not taking anything from Whitwell playmakers but they dodged a bullet.

I was just kidding around, like I said in a reply,  I think 23 could be the best player on the team.  I hate that he got injured but that is how football goes sometimes.  It's always fun to watch him and his older brother play.

8 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

If 3 has 2 healthy wheels he’s burying 3 of those runs in the back of the end zone.    

Like I said it is what it is, 2 banged up championship teams going at it for 4 quarters, with what they had past that..... That’s how better teams are decided.

I take it you are not a realist...

6 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I was just kidding around, like I said in a reply,  I think 23 could be the best player on the team.  I hate that he got injured but that is how football goes sometimes.  It's always fun to watch him and his older brother play.

We’d be in a worse predicament had our QB went out. At least with Whitwell Petty is no noticeable drop off at QB and dangerous back there. He doesn’t seem to just sling it either like the starter at times. They can do damage with Petty back there in wildcat if need be. I remember when Parker went down what a blow it was to Coalfield. Some players just aren’t replaceable.

Edited by ladykee

4 hours ago, ImaSavage said:

South Pitt is young, but extremely talented.  I really expected South Pitt rematch to be closer then the first, and I truly feel sorry for whoever gets in that pirate football teams way for the next couple years....  

I didn’t know what to expect, I just knew it wasn’t going to be a blowout, I don’t think this Tiger team is lucky,   I think this is a team with great ability that makes the most of the opportunities it’s handed, and in doing so they’ve made themselves some breaks on the way.  It’s a 3-4 headed monster, for sure, but people don’t realize there is 6-7 other players on the team that would likely start anywhere in 1-a ball as well.   

agree totally