1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

8 minutes ago, pujo said:

Beating small schools with a pick up team is nothing to crow about. You are looking like Grace and you guys hated them for this same stuff.Pot meet kettle, 

Nobody is gonna tell a kid you’re not welcome at our school.i don’t care as long as it’s done the right way ain’t a thing can be said 

• Upvote 1

You cant call it a pickum team when they come all on their own.We dont recruit and honestly how could a 1A team?We dont have anything to offer.lol.Grace was recruiting and actively going after kids and letting them live with coaches and other families.I had a huge problem with that.TSSAA was sent a letter from a lawyer in Kingston after the Midway game.Mr Childress and his folks checked EVERY kid on our team and then sent us a copy of the letter he sent back to said lawyer clearing EVERY kid.If a kid goes to aby school and does it legally NO ONE has anything to say.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

We have no control who moves in but they’re welcome. To be honest Pujo we’ve had kids come in from Blount county over 20 years and up until the last few years no one has said anything about it. 

You are not telling me anything new Gnation.  You're Coach told my brother several years back that the strength lied in how many  kids transferred in. Things just don't work like that in this area. Same thing in Coalfield,they've lived off transfers for years.

11 minutes ago, pujo said:

You are not telling me anything new Gnation.  You're Coach told my brother several years back that the strength lied in how many  kids transferred in. Things just don't work like that in this area. Same thing in Coalfield,they've lived off transfers for years.

Yes sir if we didn’t have the transfers it would not be as good as it has been over the years. 

13 minutes ago, pujo said:

And if they transfer in and do it the right way I'm completely fine....u think all those gold balls in maryville and Alcoas trophy room are done every year without transfers

16 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yeah, but the quality of the transfers is a big difference.  We get kids from Oakdale and Oz.  They get transfers from Alcoa and so on, plus they've lived off of more transfers than we have.

So were fortunate to be 15 miles from alcoa and maryville...should we get punished for location..absolutely not....I bet if for some crazy reason one of alcoas good running backs said hey I wanna play for coalfield and my parents are wanting to move and buy a house there....I bet u guys would would say sorry we cant accept you our team is full this year but I hear greenback takes guys with your talent