1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

12 minutes ago, pujo said:

Take the transfers out and you don't win state either year.

You are talking 87 and 17. Like OnB said there were 2 in 87 and we had a kid transfer from WB who played some D and occasionally on offense. Also Bobby Woods was a Sr. that year and a lineman but GB still wins state without them.

3 minutes ago, reaction said:

Sure were. Got us a Mr. Football out of it. :thumb:

The schools that merged to form North Jackwagon were Bridgeport and Stevenson.  Stevenson was a perennial power in 2A Al ball for years.  SP played them as long as they had schools.  Those games were wars on par with SP/Jasper.  NJ played Jasper a few times in the K.C. years and got spanked and quit playing them.  A game with SP never panned out and would likey require the national guard to referee it.  Boyd kind of came along and filled the void for the old Stevenson rivalry except for the culture, lol.

Edited by rlh

Just now, rlh said:

The schools that merged to form North Jackwagon were Bridgeport and Stevenson.  Stevenson was a perennial power in 2A Al ball for years.  SP played them as long as they had schools.  Those games were wars on par with SP/Jasper.  NJ played Jasper a few times in the K.C. years and got spanked and quit playing them.  A game with SP never panned out and would likey require the national guard to referee it.

Good history lesson there I never knew that. I'd be there if you guys played haha

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Pretty sure you had 4 this season, one was an 8th grader but still good enough to contribute.

Yes the 8th grade lineman, the transfer prior to season from Seymour and the mid season transfer from Alcoa. That is all. We did have a RB who played youth ball all growing up but had never played HS decide to play again this senior season. So 3 new guys from other schools.

11 minutes ago, rlh said:

You can look at the roster and know this is USDA Grade A equine excrement.  You can look at the rosters of teams for example, 1969, 1974, 1977, 1980, 1985, 86, 87, 1994, 1999, 2007, 2010, 2011, this year, and the names will be very similar. 

So your saying u never had a few transfers in those years 

Just now, ladykee said:

Yes the 8th grade lineman, the transfer prior to season from Seymour and the mid season transfer from Alcoa. That is all. We did have a RB who played youth ball all growing up but had never played HS decide to play again this senior season. So 3 new guys from other schools.

Thats just the one's that came this year.

7 minutes ago, muskox said:

So your saying u never had a few transfers in those years 

Most of those, no.  That's why I said look at the rosters. For example, if you look on the 1979, 1980, and 1981 roster and 2017, and 2018 roster, you will see Ronto Tipton at tailback or running back.   In fact, if you look at the All State list from SP since 1969 to present and that will verify that.  We have had transfers here and there over the years, but not as many as people love to tout.  In fact, we have lost more than we have gained by 3 to 1.

Edited by rlh

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Thats just the one's that came this year.

Pujo you are going in circles lol. Last year we had a kid transfer from WB who I already mentioned. He was a senior and one and done. Bobby Woods was a senior but had transferred in the year before and Bailey was a Sophomore in his second season as well. Are you counting them as a transfer for that season regardless how long they had been there? Plus are you telling me everybody on Cloudland’s team has been at Cloudland since before 8th grade? Wow that is unheard of.

20 minutes ago, rlh said:

Most of those, no.  That's why I said look at the rosters. For example, if you look on the 1979, 1980, and 1981 roster and 2017, and 2018 roster, you will see Ronto Tipton at tailback or running back.   In fact, if you look at the All State list from SP since 1969 to present and that will verify that.  We have had transfers here and there over the years, but not as many as people love to tout.  In fact, we have lost more than we have gained by 3 to 1.

So if a kayne Robert's shows up at your school and moves legally would you or would you not welcome him with open arms 

22 minutes ago, muskox said:

So if a kayne Robert's shows up at your school and moves legally would you or would you not welcome him with open arms 

Nobody is turning away any athlete period I don’t care what they claim. Even the likes of Maryville and Alcoa are greedy and will take them all lol. It is an apples vs oranges conversation when comparing legal transfers who move to the school zone compared to privates who can accept transfers from all over without moving. I know you know we would probably dress easily 50-60 kids at Greenback if our county borders were open to border counties lol.

Edited by ladykee