1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

BUTTHURT! BUTTHURT! BUTTHURT! That’s all this is. What would you be saying if GB was losing these games? Say going 8-4 and losing in the second or third round. Would everyone complain then? No! Just upset because you can’t beat GB. I mean I don’t see Whitwell complaining about all of this. How about your players get better and come beat us? If not, stop complaining. Sounds like a bunch of people in life. Something gets hard and you run away from it. How about you take it on the chin, get better, and get ready for the next round. 

You guys gonna work hard and get better or bring in some help.  I like this work harder attitude. Preach it all the time.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pujo said:

You guys gonna work hard and get better or bring in some help.  I like this work harder attitude. Preach it all the time.

I have always enjoyed your posts because you seem to be a straight shooter....but, from reading the last few pages of this thread it appears that jealousy is really eating away at you.  Do you really and truly think that GB or any other school, including yours, should turn a kid away that moved into that school zone and had met all obligations set forth by TSSAA?  No school in their right mind would turn down kids that were coming in the right way, I will go so far as to say that if a kid is moving in and abiding by the rules of TSSAA the school does not have a choice but to take the kid....they would be open to liability if they didn't take him. 

Would you expect the principal to say to a family that has moved and made Loudon County their home, "Well we can accept you in the school, but Johnny can't play football because he is not a lifelong GB resident"?  Pujo, I respect you for the years of good insight and good posts that you have given, but, IMO you are way off base here.  You are too good of a man to let jealousy cloud your judgment.  Just my .02 cents.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jake said:

I have always enjoyed your posts because you seem to be a straight shooter....but, from reading the last few pages of this thread it appears that jealousy is really eating away at you.  Do you really and truly think that GB or any other school, including yours, should turn a kid away that moved into that school zone and had met all obligations set forth by TSSAA?  No school in their right mind would turn down kids that were coming in the right way, I will go so far as to say that if a kid is moving in and abiding by the rules of TSSAA the school does not have a choice but to take the kid....they would be open to liability if they didn't take him. 

Would you expect the principal to say to a family that has moved and made Loudon County their home, "Well we can accept you in the school, but Johnny can't play football because he is not a lifelong GB resident"?  Pujo, I respect you for the years of good insight and good posts that you have given, but, IMO you are way off base here.  You are too good of a man to let jealousy cloud your judgment.  Just my .02 cents.

Any and all schools would welcome talented kids. The point I'm making is schools with these advantages should be able to beat small schools who just play with the kids they've always had.   Its not jealousy ,just an obvious statement. Think about all public school people didn't like the privates taking other schools kids are loading up. Can't see the difference.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

I also remember not so long ago, Grace was beating all these schools in this region .  The competitive one's were crying foul for having to play this team who had obvious advantages over them. People tend to like it when they have the advantage ,not so much when others have it. As far as I'm concerned ,nothing can be done about . May be time to revisit Rural and Urban. Any small school located near these big schools has the  potential to load up.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

I also remember not so long ago, Grace was beating all these schools in this region .  The competitive one's were crying foul for having to play this team who had obvious advantages over them. People tend to like it when they have the advantage ,not so much when others have it. As far as I'm concerned ,nothing can be done about . May be time to revisit Rural and Urban. Any small school located near these big schools has the  potential to load up.

Last comment by me.Knoxville Grace Christian Academy prior to 2010,put on three years probation for breaking the rules after a full investigation,for paying tuition for a player that helped them win district and region championships.Also providing housing for a kid whose parents were not even in the state at the time.Player also living with one of the administration whom was of no relation nor a guardian,who also helped win a district and region championship.Both of the players led GCA to a state tournament.I WAS ONE OF THE MAIN ONES UPSET ABOUT THESE KIDS WHO KNOCKED OUR BOYS (my oldest son was one of those boys) OUT of A CHANCE FOR A FIRST TIME EVER STATE TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITY!II have had no quarrles since they fixed that mess.Other than periodical jokes.

Greenback all legal no issues what so ever.YOU CANNOT COMPARE US TO GRACE!They cheated and it cost them.

Jake very good post and we appreciate an outsiders point.

Pujo i have no idea why you have turned into this whiner its just not like you.You didnt even comment much this year as you usually do and you have stocked up till the season was over to try and bring up an issue that isnt an issue.Good day old friend!

• Upvote 1

Just now, orngnblk said:

Last comment by me.Knoxville Grace Christian Academy prior to 2010,put on three years probation for breaking the rules after a full investigation,for paying tuition for a player that helped them win district and region championships.Also providing housing for a kid whose parents were not even in the state at the time.Player also living with one of the administration whom was of no relation nor a guardian,who also helped win a district and region championship.Both of the players led GCA to a state tournament.I WAS ONE OF THE MAIN ONES UPSET ABOUT THESE KIDS WHO KNOCKED OUR BOYS (my oldest son was one of those boys) OUT of A CHANCE FOR A FIRST TIME EVER STATE TOURNAMENT OPPORTUNITY!II have had no quarrles since they fixed that mess.Other than periodical jokes.

Greenback all legal no issues what so ever.YOU CANNOT COMPARE US TO GRACE!They cheated and it cost them.

Pujo i have no idea why you have turned into this whiner its just not like you.You didnt even comment much this year as you usually do and you have stocked up till the season was over to try and bring up an issue that isnt an issue.Good day old friend!

Not even really a big deal to me O&B ,just saying any small school who can field players from 5 or 6 schools should win in a big way. Just like I said about Grace at the time,its really not that big of an achievement. Unless you just think its a great thing to be able to load up.

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

On another note I doubt very seriously I'll ever have anyone involved with playing you guys in the future. Just making obvious comments.

Greenback has had a nice run for a few years and you are making a mess of it.....what about all the teams in 3a and used to be 2a that has to play alcoa every year...or let's say 6a and used to be 5a that has to play maryville..every coach and player in those classes know every year if they have a great team and a shot at making it to state they  have to somehow upset those teams to win it....it does not happen very often....greenback gets a couple players and this is how u act....how do you think those coaches and players feel every year knowing there facing loaded teams that just reload every year and win another gold ball 

We lose Breeden Gilbert and get a kid from Seymour and a kid from Alcoa and for that alone some people want to diminish everything GB has accomplished this year? Try telling that to all the other kids who have worn the orange and black since they were born. Not to diminish the work the transfers put in or take away from them in any way but just going to state a fact since everybody loves facts. If you ever watched any of the games this season you would see the long time GB boys Hanley, Willis, Riddle twins, twins little brother, Morton, Edwards (end of season), Alexander’s (cousins), Bailey (moved from out of state 8th grade summer), Plemons, Gilmore, Kuhn, Carlton, Ramsey, Brown, Belcher, Harrell, etc because I know I missed somebody....but these guys all started or had a lot of time throughout the game with the former for most these guys. There are all staters in this bunch, and a lot of all regions. They have been winning championships since they were peewees together against much larger feeder programs like Lenoir City, Loudon, McMinn County, Meigs County, Central (Etowah), Sweetwater, and Madisonville just to name a few. I mean if this season’s transfers get your undies in a wad I wonder where were you when Silvey and Roberts transferred a few years back to join most of these kids when they were just getting started or in 8th grade? Must have been on meds back then?? Now off your meds?? I mean those two joined a group of talented GB boys and shored up the line & added a great back to a pretty darn good passing attack. My point is GB didn’t win ballgames because we got 2 transfers! I guess you would have an argument if those transfers were scoring a lot or most of the TDs, making a lot of tackles, gaining all the yards, etc. but that was not the case. They were good players that joined a great group of kids and they had to earn their playing time just like everybody else. RB was by committee until the end. Everything else was a GB Mr. Football finding his speedy, sure handed, long time WRs who most could not stop. These same group of boys flipped sides to lock down opposing offenses in the secondary and at LB. So in other words if you want to sell crazy go sell it somewhere else cause we ain’t buying! If only Gilbert had not transferred what would you complain about? We lose one of the best backs in the state and an equally as talented LB, lead blocker & potential Mr. Football and people go on a tangent because 2 upperclassmen who helped fill a role transferred in? Some people really surprise you and make you scratch your head lol. I hope 10 kids transfer legally to compete for and help GB fill the spots vacated by our many Seniors. If not, we’ll still play GB football and give it our best shot. We still got a few studs in the corral and some nice developing up & comers. I suppose Maryville and Alcoa really don’t deserve their championships seeing as they have a few transfers every year....BOLOGNA! 

Most small rural schools don’t have the luxury of having big programs or large cities close by to pull transfers in from. I don’t have any issues with it as long as rules are followed, but at same time the rules do benefit some schools more than others due to locations of schools. Places like Jellico amongst others would be difficult to get transfers even if Nick Saban was coaching there. Most places like ours with a great coaching staff and all local homegrown boys can possible challenge every now and again but no way possible to remain in top 5 or 6 year in and year out. But we just play the hand we are dealt. One thing about it...when we do well it’s like the Sinatra song. My Way

When cland was a state power,  we had several transfers from avery co.  A lineman named Paul Laws in 89 along with Eric Hicks.  Lineman Averil Cooper in 92.  Keith Buchannan,  Allen, Storie,  and Brandon Jones during the Mark Byrd era.  That's only a handful but they were big contributors during Cland's state power days.  The kids were here because they wanted to be and they were legal.  We even stole one from Hampton in 94.  We would not have been near as successful that year if he did not come.  In 2018,  moving forward,  cland would help themselves if they would put the work in necessary to become good blockers and tacklers.  We lived in the gym in the early 90's and reaped the rewards.  They players of today have become lazy during the offseason.  Not only cland but the rest of the county schools as well.  I feel like they love football and they love to go all out on Friday nights but they don't want to live, breath, and drink it during the off season.  If it were me,  I would personally see to it and make it a requirement to train and condition all winter and summer.  If they don't want to do it, then shut football down.  I would rather be dead than to put the product that Jellico and unaka put on the field every year.  This generation of soy boys have got to go and it starts at home.  WE have to worry about cloudland, not greenback's transfers.  Cland has to work to put cland in the best possible position to win football games

• Like 1