1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

4 hours ago, pujo said:

Mark Byrd wouldn't have even been the QB at Cloudland if another kid Had went to Cloudland , He lived in Carter Co near the State line and went to Avery, had another kid who would have been an all state Receiver  that did the same thing. With those 2 ,Cloudland would have really been loaded. 

If there was another kid up there that could run the ball better than him I would pay good money to watch that kid....Byrd could flat out make people look stupid 

4 hours ago, muskox said:

If there was another kid up there that could run the ball better than him I would pay good money to watch that kid....Byrd could flat out make people look stupid 

Yes he could, would have been a Great Receiver or even running back. The other kid was a true QB. I was there the night you guys lost to Cloudland ,you had a very good team, I helped prepare Cloudland for you're passing game. I was very impressed with the way you guys played and the respect you showed even in defeat.  I talked to several of the kids. Could be you was one of um. 

Haven't been on here since the early hours of black Friday; talk about putting a strain on the eyes reading nearly 30 pages. So, here is my two cents...

Two former players/alumnus stepped up to take control of a proverbial captain's wheel and stabilized a ship.  They regrouped and set out on a new course that the community of Greenback, the school, nor they possibly could of known the destination.  So, here we are some 40+ months removed from that summer of 2015 coaching debacle...With that said, it is hard to comprehend the success Greenback football has had over these last four seasons...Oh, what a destination it has been, but hopefully it is just a short stay.  During this four season journey, it has produced a gold ball plus two silver balls, first two Mr. Football award winners in school history, numerous All-State selections and quite possibly the most successful Senior class when it comes to sports overall in school history.  As a person on the outside looking in, it has been a pleasure to watch this Senior class on the field and the accomplishments they have already received.  Also, a huge thanks has to be said to all the coaches for stepping up and taking your time to guide these young men on the field and off.

An more than anything...FULL SPEED AHEAD.

• Like 3

On 12/6/2018 at 12:22 AM, pujo said:

Yes he could, would have been a Great Receiver or even running back. The other kid was a true QB. I was there the night you guys lost to Cloudland ,you had a very good team, I helped prepare Cloudland for you're passing game. I was very impressed with the way you guys played and the respect you showed even in defeat.  I talked to several of the kids. Could be you was one of um. 

I doubt very seriously that ol Muskox was handing out to much respect after a loss! LOL He is one of the biggest punks to ever roam the field!

2 hours ago, harley04 said:

Man I love you GB folks passionate about fri. night. Heard another rumor  GP and GB are back on next year hope so.:mrgreen: 

Was on...but GP back out as of late, from what I understood a request by the Sevier Co. school system concerning the county's schools FB scheduling was made.  We have picked up Oneida to take their place.

Edited by cherokean

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Very surprised Oneida is back in,somebody said they wouldnt schedule a loaded team.INTERESTING.Probably getting geared up to be back in our region soon.Anyways glad to see the Indians back!!!

Had 4 teams drop us, including GP, who woulda thunk it :roflol:

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Very surprised Oneida is back in,somebody said they wouldnt schedule a loaded team.INTERESTING.Probably getting geared up to be back in our region soon.Anyways glad to see the Indians back!!!

Yeah I heard that as well, something about disagreeing with the way y'all were doing things? Oh well just shows how much Internet talk you can really believe. 

On another note GP, Claiborne, Harriman and Bledsoe declined a renewal this year. No I don't think they're running from us, far more likely they have scheduling issues that prevents them from playing us. Yeah, that's it :popcorneater: 

We likely picked up GB because it's a heck of a rivalry excluding the last 2 or 3 years we played. I know y'all beat us in '12 to but those were games. The last 3 seasons we played not so much lol. And also whether deserved or not a lot of teams don't wanna schedule us either. Must be a historical kind of thing because as of late, well . . . You know. Also correct me if I'm wrong at least 3 if not all 4 teams that dropped us were scheduled for home games for us next year so lost 4 out of 5 home games, I'd say that had as much to do with picking up GB as well. Coupled with the potential of TL retiring from coaching and maybe he wasn't worried about how good GB will be next year, he may not be the one dealing with it :lol: regardless of the why I'm glad to hear y'all are back on the schedule. 

Edited by crow