1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

On 12/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, orngnblk said:

Nope those were all our boys,had a real good O line that year.They took over after we got down 21.Special teams killed us in the first half.Oneida jumped all over us.Was one heck of a game.Some say the best they ever watched on Rivalry thursday.

Great game...my nephew played with that group....great group of players and I sure wish we would have had greg those couple years as head coach 

42 minutes ago, muskox said:

Great game...my nephew played with that group....great group of players and I sure wish we would have had greg those couple years as head coach 

Yep all we needed was a coaching staff that played to win! I rewatched some of those games a few weeks ago and it makes me sick to this day.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:26 AM, orngnblk said:

Yep all we needed was a coaching staff that played to win! I rewatched some of those games a few weeks ago and it makes me sick to this day.

I truly believed they played to win but with a twist. They played to win the way they wanted to win which unfortunately cost the team. Players weren’t utilized to the best for the team more like the best to suit the agendas. The best coaches can not let buddies or relationships with players cloud the judgement or choices on the field. That philosophy bites the best of otherwise really good coaches and gains zero respect from players, parents, and fans. Plus who wants a bunch of suck ups running around a locker room. Not good for team morale and does nothing for developing young boys to be great men. The 2012 & 2014 teams should have been in Cookeville. The fact they weren’t doesn’t take away the memories of how good they were. I watched them play and knew what they were capable of but coach(s) just couldn’t see what wasn’t being utilized and caved to buddy pressure and nobody with the ability to wanted to be “that” guy to step up and call it out. So they just ended up with Boos in the stands and a lot of head scratching in addition to disgruntled players and parents/fans wondering why? As a coach you are always going to have ticked off individuals whether justified or not so why not just make the decisions to best get your team the win and be fair to your whole roster based on their abilities alone and if you can’t do that you really aren’t a good coach. If I’m wrong please debate with me or share your thoughts. I guess I was just raised to earn your position, earn your time, respect your coach whether you agree or not, build relationships with fellow teammates and coaches but do not suck up for they are not your buddy (they are your boss lol and disciplinarian), and give your team the very best you got every play. We all root for the hard worker and the kid with heart but at the end of the day the best players regardless are the ones the coaches typically do and should have on the field if winning is the goal. 

12 hours ago, ladykee said:

I truly believed they played to win but with a twist. They played to win the way they wanted to win which unfortunately cost the team. Players weren’t utilized to the best for the team more like the best to suit the agendas. The best coaches can not let buddies or relationships with players cloud the judgement or choices on the field. That philosophy bites the best of otherwise really good coaches and gains zero respect from players, parents, and fans. Plus who wants a bunch of suck ups running around a locker room. Not good for team morale and does nothing for developing young boys to be great men. The 2012 & 2014 teams should have been in Cookeville. The fact they weren’t doesn’t take away the memories of how good they were. I watched them play and knew what they were capable of but coach(s) just couldn’t see what wasn’t being utilized and caved to buddy pressure and nobody with the ability to wanted to be “that” guy to step up and call it out. So they just ended up with Boos in the stands and a lot of head scratching in addition to disgruntled players and parents/fans wondering why? As a coach you are always going to have ticked off individuals whether justified or not so why not just make the decisions to best get your team the win and be fair to your whole roster based on their abilities alone and if you can’t do that you really aren’t a good coach. If I’m wrong please debate with me or share your thoughts. I guess I was just raised to earn your position, earn your time, respect your coach whether you agree or not, build relationships with fellow teammates and coaches but do not suck up for they are not your buddy (they are your boss lol and disciplinarian), and give your team the very best you got every play. We all root for the hard worker and the kid with heart but at the end of the day the best players regardless are the ones the coaches typically do and should have on the field if winning is the goal. 

If they played to win then they would use the kids with ability to help them win.I agree with onb.Too small a school to try and play kids one way unless you have a ton of depth and during that time we didn't.Also having lazy kids on the field while the ones who worked their butts off all off season and lived in the weight room to stand and watch a semi final birth slip away.While William Blounts finest makes excuses instead of shouldering the blame.If we had these fellers coaching then I am postitive we have two more trips to TTU!