Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

4 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I've watched Upperman against Redback and SC. Watched the SC twice.

You're going to have your MINE blown how fast the F5 defense gets to the QB! The linemen a pretty good size a give the QB lots of time. But, not Friday night. Too much speed. Upperman QB going to be running for his life.

SC ran the ball well against Upperman. Alcoa will run the ball with more speed and more down hill smash mouth style. Hope none of the linemen have go both way. Ha.

Oh, then there's the Alcoa's QB, Mr football finalist! When your coach decides to load the box. Boom, Alcoa stretches that field out. Can Alcoa throw the ball? With a loaded backfield it unbelievable the passing yardage Alcoa"s QB has racked up!

What is the best thing about this years team? The secret weapon? The thing that got Alcoa past Maryville? DEPTH!!

Alcoa's talent and depth allows zero drop off 1st team to 2nd team. And they rotate almost every play. 84 players with the Sophomores being some of the best players on the field.

Teams better be ready to go hard and fast 4 quarters. Not 3A fast and hard. 6A fast and hard. Linemen going both ways? 45-55 players on the roster? You're just kidding yourself. 

I do not see a 75 point game,  maybe more like 38-49, but that's typically when the dogs a called off and players parked for the next fight! I also don't see the Bees scoring more than 14 points....actually be surprised to see more than 7 ?

SC did not run the ball well against upperman. They had one drive where they ran well. Their best play and most consistent  play was the hitch out to the wr. They really didn't do anything  well since they were held to 7 points. 

3 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Not trying to debate who did a better job saving their starters. Just saying this group is healthier and less taxed than the 2013 version. Someone asked the difference  between now and then earlier. 

You have absolutely no clue whats coming.  AE has one thing. Speed! And lots of it. Something you can't gage on film. UHS and SC are slow. Alot slower than AE.

Upperman's 50-55 players might be better than the Bees 2013 team, but Alcoa's 84 players death and talent is light years better than their 2013 team.

2 hours ago, daddymacvols said:

Ok so they beat Maryville that is a good win. I guess Alcoa will see the 2nd best team they have faced all year tomorrow night. Upperman would be ranked over great 4 A and 5A teams as well. Let's be honest Austin East was Alcoa's only other competition in their region and their cakewalk through the playoffs this year especially the teams they faced in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs aren't very much. I have to give it to them though, that Maryville game was a great win. Maryville's season ends tomorrow night in Murfreesboro. It sure would be nice to see Blount County not get one team in the State Championship games next week. Also, Bobcat fan do they give rings and banners for beating Maryville. I didn't think so. Also Upperman had 3 teams in their district ranked in the top 10 in 3A all year. Had to defeat one of them twice.

1 more thing, Gary Rankin has said this may be the best team he has ever had.......Think about that a minute.......

5 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

SC did not run the ball well against upperman. They had one drive where they ran well. Their best play and most consistent  play was the hitch out to the wr. They really didn't do anything  well since they were held to 7 points. 

I just watched the game a little over an hour ago......SC should have stuck with the run game especially to the edges. What beat SC is they could not get pressure to the Upperman QB. He stood back there forever and hit the wr in the endzone to go up 19-14. Upperman did not run against SC as well as SC did against the Bees. SC should have just stuck to it.

4 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

You have absolutely no clue whats coming.  AE has one thing. Speed! And lots of it. Something you can't gage on film. UHS and SC are slow. Alot slower than AE.

Upperman's 50-55 players might be better than the Bees 2013 team, but Alcoa's 84 players death and talent is light years better than their 2013 team.

I have a clue...I have watched film...I have said numerous times upperman is the under dog. But their certainly has been bigger upsets in football history. Are you telling me you think Alcoa is 100% unbeatable? Speed only takes you so far. You think the Patriots were the fastest team in the NFL any year they won a superbowl? No probably  not even top 10 speed wise. This isn't track. While it's certainly great on big plays and bombs it's not always the deciding factor. 

2 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I just watched the game a little over an hour ago......SC should have stuck with the run game especially to the edges. What beat SC is they could not get pressure to the Upperman QB. He stood back there forever and hit the wr in the endzone to go up 19-14. Upperman did not run against SC as well as SC did against the Bees. SC should have just stuck to it.

I'm not sure what your talking about? I haven't watched the game recently but I think the final score was 19-7. That was also not our best game. Everybody has off weeks. I wouldn't rely on that game film to judge the U. And even if they did run the ball well we both know you are not them. Not even close to what to what they bring scheme wise with their power run game. While you may have better athletes then them. I have been watching that coach for a while now. Before he was with SC. His power run game scheme is 2nd to none. But they completely sell out to run it. If they can't run the ball or suck you in on play action they have no chance..But its hard to stop. So to sum it up. Their run game is a completely different animal to yours and what they could or could no do offensively amounts to a hill of beans in our game. Red Bank is closer to your scheme. From what I have saw looks like you guys run alot of game plan oriented stuff to. So hard to put a finger on what you do best. 

1 minute ago, MadHatter1 said:

I have a clue...I have watched film...I have said numerous times upperman is the under dog. But their certainly has been bigger upsets in football history. Are you telling me you think Alcoa is 100% unbeatable? Speed only takes you so far. You think the Patriots were the fastest team in the NFL any year they won a superbowl? No probably  not even top 10 speed wise. This isn't track. While it's certainly great on big plays and bombs it's not always the deciding factor. 

You can talk all you want about NFL matchups.......but you have no clue .

Alcoa's has almost twice the players much more depth, more speed. Upperman is an average 3A football team. Alcoa has out scored it's 3A opponents 400+ - 14. But you think Upperman wins because you watched film?! Ha! 

And let me get this straight mr football film professor,  you said earlier that Upperman would score 42 points on Alcoa's Defense? You sticking to that also?

BTW...speed kills! You'll see!:thumb:

2 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

I'm not sure what your talking about? I haven't watched the game recently but I think the final score was 19-7. That was also not our best game. Everybody has off weeks. I wouldn't rely on that game film to judge the U. And even if they did run the ball well we both know you are not them. Not even close to what to what they bring scheme wise with their power run game. While you may have better athletes then them. I have been watching that coach for a while now. Before he was with SC. His power run game scheme is 2nd to none. But they completely sell out to run it. If they can't run the ball or suck you in on play action they have no chance..But its hard to stop. So to sum it up. Their run game is a completely different animal to yours and what they could or could no do offensively amounts to a hill of beans in our game. Red Bank is closer to your scheme. From what I have saw looks like you guys run alot of game plan oriented stuff to. So hard to put a finger on what you do best. 

Wow...no...UHS was down 13 to 14...late in the third...no scores in the 4th.

Your just a troll....

29 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I've watched Upperman against Redback and SC. Watched the SC twice.

You're going to have your MINE blown how fast the F5 defense gets to the QB! The linemen a pretty good size a give the QB lots of time. But, not Friday night. Too much speed. Upperman QB going to be running for his life.

SC ran the ball well against Upperman. Alcoa will run the ball with more speed and more down hill smash mouth style. Hope none of the linemen have go both way. Ha.

Oh, then there's the Alcoa's QB, Mr football finalist! When your coach decides to load the box. Boom, Alcoa stretches that field out. Can Alcoa throw the ball? With a loaded backfield it unbelievable the passing yardage Alcoa"s QB has racked up!

What is the best thing about this years team? The secret weapon? The thing that got Alcoa past Maryville? DEPTH!!

Alcoa's talent and depth allows zero drop off 1st team to 2nd team. And they rotate almost every play. 84 players with the Sophomores being some of the best players on the field.

Teams better be ready to go hard and fast 4 quarters. Not 3A fast and hard. 6A fast and hard. Linemen going both ways? 45-55 players on the roster? You're just kidding yourself. 

I do not see a 75 point game,  maybe more like 38-49, but that's typically when the dogs a called off and players parked for the next fight! I also don't see the Bees scoring more than 14 points....actually be surprised to see more than 7 ?

There’s no one in 3A that matches up against Alcoa. You’d have to go to Greeneville in 4A to get the closest team that could legitimately give them a game for 4 quarters and have a chance to win when they walked out on the field. After this team maybe one or two in 5A and a few more in 6A.  This coach has built a program there and the kids buy into it from an early age. Upperman has a very good 3A team and under any other circumstances they would have a legitimate shot to win a state championship but the juggernaut i.e. Alcoa will not be denied. 

13 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Wow...no...UHS was down 13 to 14...late in the third...no scores in the 4th.

Your just a troll....

See this is why I can't be reasonable with your blathering cow piles your incompetence is only bested by your arrogance. You think you all the way over in east Tennessee can tell me who hasn't missed an upperman  game since the 90s something  about MY team? No fool you are wrong. Now you need to get your info right and come back and apologize for being a complete waste of human. What I think you are watching is the upperman vs sc game in 2017. What you certainly are not watching is the 2018 game. Now heres what I want you to do since your a complete moron. Google upperman football and go to max prep's and look at the schedule 19-7 upperman the only team we have trailed at any point this season was briefly red bank. For a about 39 seconds..now I say alot of things to pull your arrogant piles chains it's mostly in jest. Now go back to watching the 2017 game tape you idiot. The Hatter is done with You until you come back and admit your wrong. 

24 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

If you think that SC has a more complex scheme running the football than Alcoa, either your knowledge of the game is not very high or you are just fishing for an argument. IMO, no one in the state in any class does a better job scheming the run game than Alcoa.

• Like 1