Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

14 minutes ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

I absolutely HATE it when the refs are shady.  I know its easy to say that when your team wins, but even I think Upperman got that onside kick.  It was disgraceful and embarrasing to see a great game swung like that with a horrible call.  Coach Caine had every right to be utterly livid.  Upperman played a heckuva game and Im sure yall are gonna be great for a while.  Honestly cant gloat about that win.  On to the championship!

Well said sir. Congrats and enjoy the championship game next week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

I wish every Alcoa fan was like you Twisted and thank you for the comments I really hate it when the refs feel like they need to be the star of the show. I applaud you for speaking up in defense of our kids. Thank you.

Daddymac, been following Alcoa around for almost 25 years and you give respect where its due.  Upperman stood toe to toe with us tonight.  Game coulda went either way had the refs not been so willy nilly.  Hopefully our teams meet again and can have it a little more fair and square.  

• Like 1

Great game for the Tornadoes. I’m sure you’ll be bringing home number 17 next weekend. Glad we kept the game at the Hive because our seniors deserved to play one last game on their home field with their home crowd. We play a lot of teams every year and I want to thank you for being great and respectful fans. Have a safe trip back to East Tennessee and we will be there cheering for you at Tech next week. My son’s a junior, so hoping we get far enough to meet you in Alcoa next year.  Nobody was giving our kids a shot before the game - a lot didn’t even think we’d score. We are going home with a loss tonight, but I wouldn’t be any prouder of that group of kids if they’d won by three touchdowns. When a group of country boys from Baxter step on the field with Alcoa and give it all every play all night long, they have earned my respect.  I had two kids on the 2013 team - great group who’ve done well in life since leaving Upperman. I am sure these seniors will do the same. 

5 minutes ago, fball2010 said:

Great game for the Tornadoes. I’m sure you’ll be bringing home number 17 next weekend. Glad we kept the game at the Hive because our seniors deserved to play one last game on their home field with their home crowd. We play a lot of teams every year and I want to thank you for being great and respectful fans. Have a safe trip back to East Tennessee and we will be there cheering for you at Tech next week. My son’s a junior, so hoping we get far enough to meet you in Alcoa next year.  Nobody was giving our kids a shot before the game - a lot didn’t even think we’d score. We are going home with a loss tonight, but I wouldn’t be any prouder of that group of kids if they’d won by three touchdowns. When a group of country boys from Baxter step on the field with Alcoa and give it all every play all night long, they have earned my respect.  I had two kids on the 2013 team - great group who’ve done well in life since leaving Upperman. I am sure these seniors will do the same. 

Well said! :thumb:

39 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Great game my friend. I met Hammer and we had a good conversation. Really good dude. I’m not sure what the call was on the onside kick but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Good luck in the finals. I hope you guys win another one.

From my view the refs agreed UHS recovered but said it went just 9 yards, so Alcoa ball from that spot. But it sure looked like the Alcoa kid touched it making the 9 yard call null and void. Someone on the radio said the penalties were 110 UHS, 40 Alcoa. 70 yards of difference sure was alot.  Hats off to both teams, UHS surprised me. 

As far as the UHS plays no one, their 5 games outside the region were 4a Macon , 4a Dekalb, 4a Crossville, 4a LA, and 6A Cookeville. I think a team that can't even afford adequate away bleaches probably doest have the funds to travel to Nashville or Knoxville and play 6a schools with their 50 kids. Yet! Upperman is a program on the rise. Like I said that #66 ol/dl and 79ol/dl could start for anyone. #5 is also a heck of a offensive talent. His int was crazy athletic. According to unapproved website,  all three return next season.  

10 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

From my view the refs agreed UHS recovered but said it went just 9 yards, so Alcoa ball from that spot. But it sure looked like the Alcoa kid touched it making the 9 yard call null and void. Someone on the radio said the penalties were 110 UHS, 40 Alcoa. 70 yards of difference sure was alot.  Hats off to both teams, UHS surprised me. 

As far as the UHS plays no one, their 5 games outside the region were 4a Macon , 4a Dekalb, 4a Crossville, 4a LA, and 6A Cookeville. I think a team that can't even afford adequate away bleaches probably doest have the funds to travel to Nashville or Knoxville and play 6a schools with their 50 kids. Yet! Upperman is a program on the rise. Like I said that #66 ol/dl and 79ol/dl could start for anyone. #5 is also a heck of a offensive talent. His int was crazy athletic. According to unapproved website,  all three return next season.  

The explanation was that the refs huddled and come over and said it looked like the kid from Alcoa touched the ball and Upperman recovered but they called it Alcoa's ball and that's what they were gonna stick with. That's the reason Caine was livid and has a right to be.

1 hour ago, daddymacvols said:

The explanation was that the refs huddled and come over and said it looked like the kid from Alcoa touched the ball and Upperman recovered but they called it Alcoa's ball and that's what they were gonna stick with. That's the reason Caine was livid and has a right to be.

Alcoa's coach made that call.  From the other side of the field.