Alcoa vs Upperman for a trip to the Championship

crow6424

On 11/25/2018 at 8:44 PM, 32hammer said:

I support all the kids. Help anyway I can. Not sure what you mean by let it go. Talk to me sometime. 

Press and attention for a OL is a two-edged sword. It is wonderful when earned; but can come back to haunt you when you misstep. I have experienced this pain as well as all of my sons in their careers. A perfect example was the press given to the Catlick OL when they posted on Twitter that they were the best high school OL in the state. Then proceeded to fall flat on their faces the next few games. 

I strongly feel they should be praised and celebrated when they consistently perform well. However, as soon as that occurs, every player must know the target is now on their back and any shortfall will pointed out in brutal fashion. 

This is a very good OL. They have encountered much better DEs, DL and LBs. This last game is a wake up call to pour on the steam. If they do so, they will dominate Saturday and be remembered as a great OL. 

Hammer, your support has been critical to the mental development of this unit. I applaud your tremendous efforts and dedication to these young men. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scots50 said:

Press and attention for a OL is a two-edged sword. It is wonderful when earned; but can come back to haunt you when you misstep. I have experienced this pain as well as all of my sons in their careers. A perfect example was the press given to the Catlick OL when they posted on Twitter that they were the best high school OL in the state. Then proceeded to fall flat on their faces the next few games. 

I strongly feel they should be praised and celebrated when they consistently perform well. However, as soon as that occurs, every player must know the target is now on their back and any shortfall will pointed out in brutal fashion. 

This is a very good OL. They have encountered much better DEs, DL and LBs. This last game is a wake up call to pour on the steam. If they do so, they will dominate Saturday and be remembered as a great OL. 

Hammer, your support has been critical to the mental development of this unit. I applaud your tremendous efforts and dedication to these young men. 

:thumb:Great post sir! I remember the Catholic thing,  & this is a very good o line & I hope they do pour on the steam! & hammer is relentless in his effort.

9 hours ago, scots50 said:

Thank you sir. Coming from someone I respect as much as I do you, means a lot to me. 

2 hours ago, Hitthatquataback said:

:thumb:Great post sir! I remember the Catholic thing,  & this is a very good o line & I hope they do pour on the steam! & hammer is relentless in his effort.

I agree. They dont come any better, or more respected, than Scots50. I have faith in our kids, but as my wife likes to remind me, among my many faults is somestimes irrational optimism.  Lol

11 hours ago, scots50 said:

:thumb: