#1 Greeneville @ Maplewood SEMI FINALS

DevilMan03

28 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Northeast Tn you mean LawnMan. He agrees that we are but we are out of his Coverage are which also covers Rogersville lol. Rogersville is connected to Greene County on the north side and then we are connected to Washington County on the east side lol 

Yea that’s what I meant...lol

3 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

I'm not taking Maplewood for Granted they are Home the Devil's have a long bus  ride not sure about the weather or the condition of the field. And coming off a big big win that everyone was fired up for. Although I would think that the GHS player's would be excited about playing against the same team in the same stadium as the 2010  team played. The kid's on this team were in grade school at the time. And really looked up to those kid's on that team. So I think that will be meaning full to them. Hopefully they have a good week of preparation and come out and play a clean Game. If they do then they have a good chance to Win. Just have to come out ready to play and release what's at stake. With the kind of young men they are I think they will block out all the noise and be ready to go come Friday night. GO BIG GREENE

Great Post GD87!

After the KnCe game y16 and AC game y17, I believe this team has learned its lesson not to take any team for granted. I believe Ballard and Company will have the team well prepared and ready to bring the heat come Friday night, rain, snow, or sunshine. One thing that stands out to me that's different with this Greeneville team than any other team that I have had an opportunity to see, is that they are so close knitted together like a big family; a band of brothers! They've got each other's back and they are all in to WIN! 

There's no doubt that Maplewood will bring their best, but we know Greeneville's will as well!   

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 2

Yes football pop's I would agree. I meant that I hope they arenot listening to everyone telling them how great they are. That cause over confidence. There is a reason why coach Saban call's that kind of talk rat poison. But I don't really think it will affect these kid's. They have played together for along time. And have played a lot of football at GHS. I think they are really ready to turn it up a notch now that they can almost see the finish line. Or at least I hope so. LoL

• Like 1

Thank you Romansfive8 yes I agree with you this team is extremely close and they do play for one another. I have been to every game this year and two of the scrimmages and never once have seen any sign of jealousy or anything like that. As long as they win I don't think they really care who gets the Glory. I know one thing it's been a pleasure watching them play the last 4 year's for this old Devil Fan

On 11/20/2018 at 7:34 PM, lawnman said:

Like I said over and over again this Devils team is a machine and they want be stopped until they bring that big gold ball back to East TN.By the way we don’t agree with Doug Frits when he says the Devils are not a East TN team.

what happens to a machine when it runs hard all the time, with little resistance then you through a big large clump of wet, nasty mud in it?????.....just sayin.....that said however, im not the least bit worried about  who wins this game. Only worry i have is will my shoes survive ??

On the Greene Devils....Ive been close to every team we've put on the field since the 2009 team and in my mind only....some might disagree.....theres  never been a team in that span that is even in the same stratosphere as this one, when it comes to closeness and selflessness. Theres one team that might...MIGHTR challege this years team as being the best ever, but for me personally, i think its this team 1, the 2011 team 2 then all the rest fall in somewhere behind those 2. Im curious what other devils fans opinions are.....score prediction on this game....sorry if i already put one out there, but this one's my "official"....lol...score prediction

Devils 43

Panthers 6

From the Tennessean

Greeneville (13-0) at Maplewood (12-1)

This matchup features a pair of Mr. Football finalists at quarterback — Greeneville’s Cade Ballard and Maplewood’s Bobo Hodges. Ballard has yet to throw an interception. The two quarterbacks have thrown a combined 73 touchdown passes.

Joyce: Greeneville 41, Maplewood 16

Kreager: Greeneville 38, Maplewood 28

Murphy: Maplewood 21, Greeneville 20

Odom: Greeneville 32, Maplewood 17

Spears: Greeneville 45, Maplewood 14

Robinson: Maplewood 27, Greeneville 24

Thompson: Greeneville 35, Maplewood 24

Torres: Greeneville 30, Maplewood 24

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 8:52 PM, lawnman said:
23 minutes ago, thenextone said:

From the Tennessean

This matchup features a pair of Mr. Football finalists at quarterback — Greeneville’s Cade Ballard and Maplewood’s Bobo Hodges. Ballard has yet to throw an interception. The two quarterbacks have thrown a combined 73 touchdown passes.

Ballard has 0 int

1 hour ago, thenextone said:

From the Tennessean

Murphy & Robinson are laughable. This game won’t be within 4-5 tds.