Henry County-Beech rematch

HCFan

48 minutes ago, eers said:

Happy to be here from the sense that coming into the season it was viewed as a rebuilding year.  This team has overachieved coming down the stretch, but now THEY believe they can win.  I wouldn't get my sights set on Cookeville just yet.  Even though they're a very young team, they've learned to win.  The Page team they beat two weeks ago was very solid and helped the pass defense substantially.  Hillsboro is as good as anyone in 5A.  

Don't be fooled into thinking it will be a walk...

I for one won't be expecting this to be a walk and I doubt very seriously that the team and coaches will.We all know what kind of football Region 6 plays and what kind of team Beech always fields.I have the ultimate respect for Beech posters eers and Tandem for their accurate  and objective reporting on these threads.Tandem, in early 2011, predicted the Patriots potential. Early this year eers noticed this years team's possibilities and stated them here.What they say should be thoughtfully considered. 

GO BIG RED

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Maybe, Maybe not. I will tell you this, if Henry County plays like they have the last few weeks, it will be. They absolutely wear you down and take over in the second half. 

The same "if they play like they have the last few weeks" can be said for Beech as well.  Beech owned the 4th quarter against Hillsboro.   Not sure the wear them down theory is the one that wins it for HC.  I like Beech's chances if it's close in the 4th.

HC will be the best team Beech has played, but I don't think they are as athletic as Hillsboro.

Will be interesting.... and I'll get some good catfish.

11 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Maybe, Maybe not. I will tell you this, if Henry County plays like they have the last few weeks, it will be. They absolutely wear you down and take over in the second half. 

Now this isn't opinion this is facts! Yanker will let everyone know the accurate score! He has been on point lately! Wait I mean ALWAYS!! Its not IF HC wins its really by how many?

3 minutes ago, olddevil said:

I for one won't be expecting this to be a walk and I doubt very seriously that the team and coaches will.We all know what kind of football Region 6 plays and what kind of team Beech always fields.I have the ultimate respect for Beech posters eers and Tandem for their accurate  and objective reporting on these threads.Tandem, in early 2011, predicted the Patriots potential. Early this year eers noticed this years team's possibilities and stated them here.What they say should be thoughtfully considered. 

GO BIG RED

I try to keep all my posts real and objective.  As you stated, I saw the potential early in the year and have honestly been a little surprised by Beech, as I expected HC to be here.  I have nothing but respect for the Patriots' program.  I know Beech is coming in as the underdog, but I also know they believe they can win and I think that alone will keep it interesting.

I'm one that believes this will be a slugfest and low scoring defensive battle.

If HC turns the ball over twice in the first qtr inside their own 30 like they did Friday, Beech will take advantage of it.

But HC's D has been playing very well, esp against the run.

HC's strength is their run D     vs   Beech's strength is their run O. Should be fun.

GO BIG RED

3 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

I will admit that Beech has great coaching. That FACT will keep them in the game for awhile. Henry County hasn't had to go against the caliber of coaching that Beech has in a few weeks. If I'm Beech, however, I'm a little concerned about how my team's youthfulness will handle this stage and setting.

Beech is young, however they did played in the State championship game last year so I don't think the stage/setting is much of a factor. Good point about facing a great coached team - its been a few weeks.

I expect a very physical game and look forward to it.

1 minute ago, BigRedRealist said:

Beech is young, however they did played in the State championship game last year so I don't think the stage/setting is much of a factor. Good point about facing a great coached team - its been a few weeks.

I expect a very physical game and look forward to it.

Now we're hearing some sensible comments.  

I think Beech will come ready to play.  They are battle tested and I don't think they will be intimidated, either by HC or the setting.  I anticipate a hard fought game myself, yet I still give the edge to HC in a tight one.  The ball isn't round and takes some funny bounces though.  A break here or there and it could go either way.

14 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

I respect Beech and all they have accomplished this year but are we getting ready for a football game with a spot in the state championship game or are y'all going to get your nails done? 

Easy big fella...I'm not getting effeminate . I still stand firmly by my prediction that the Patriots will win this game, 38-10. Too much for the young bucs to handle.

• Like 1