Henry County-Beech rematch

HCFan

14 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Rain, wind, snow, hail, tornado, hurricane, etc. Doesn't matter to the Patriots. Usually, advantage goes to the more mentally tough team; advantage HC

Regarding mental toughness, there were a couple of games earlier this year where I thought our young guys were a little overwhelmed with the situation.  However, I think those same kids have grown leaps and bounds over the last few weeks.  One of the things I love most about high school football is to watch young men mature as their coaches pour into them and as they learn from players that have gone before them.  Most of these starters stood on the sidelines or played some special teams last year as they watched a group of seniors carry the team all the way to Cookeville.  That experience is priceless.  And there is a talented group of freshmen that will be standing on the sidelines Friday night learning from these kids.  When the system is right, as it is at Beech and HC, it's really cool to watch.  To your point, will HC's kids be mentally tougher? Maybe, but this group from Beech has come a long way.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tandem said:

Regarding mental toughness, there were a couple of games earlier this year where I thought our young guys were a little overwhelmed with the situation.  However, I think those same kids have grown leaps and bounds over the last few weeks.  One of the things I love most about high school football is to watch young men mature as their coaches pour into them and as they learn from players that have gone before them.  Most of these starters stood on the sidelines or played some special teams last year as they watched a group of seniors carry the team all the way to Cookeville.  That experience is priceless.  And there is a talented group of freshmen that will be standing on the sidelines Friday night learning from these kids.  When the system is right, as it is at Beech and HC, it's really cool to watch.  To your point, will HC's kids be mentally tougher? Maybe, but this group from Beech has come a long way.

Beech should be commended for their run. I definitely didn’t expect to see them in the semis after our game earlier this season. That falls squarely on the coaching staff and the hard work of those young men. 

I agree with your comment about seeing a team grow up before your eyes being one of the best things about high school football. 

Our boys know they are in for a battle this week. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Alright guys I don't know whether I should go to the Peabody/Waverly game or this one. I think both will be good competitive  games. Y 'all help me out!!

Both will be good games. Personally, I'd go to Paris for the tailgating and college-like atmosphere. Trenton can't come close to that.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:41 PM, FactsOnly said:

We're getting old I guess.

There was a time you'd tell us how ugly this game would be for us. Of course, y'all had Jalen Hurd and it really was ugly for us.

Looking forward to this game and hearing y'all's assessment.

Even with  Jalen Hurd, that was a game that came down to a Beech interception for a TD going into halftime that the young Pats never overcame.