Henry County-Beech rematch

HCFan

9 minutes ago, eers said:

Beech made too many mistakes. Put the ball on the ground too many times, an unsportsmanlike call with ball going in, etc. The more disciplined team that made fewer mistakes won. I knew it was going to be this type game, just wished it had been the other way at the end. 

Congratulations to Henry County and good luck next week. 

Not going to lie, I expected a more comfortable win for HC, but Beech made it a heavyweight fight. Y’all have a heII of a team. 

If they are as young as you all have alluded to Beech is going to be beyond tough for the foreseeable future. 

Ran into some emotional Beech seniors on my way out and made it a point to shake their hands. Y’all have something special over there in Shackle Island. 

Things I love about going to Henry Co:

Praters Taters! My new go-to in Paris

The passion of the HC fans. It’s how Fri nights should be. 

The one thing I hated about going to Henry Co:

The police siren and flashing blue lights in the student section what seemed like every other play. Y’all are loud enough without that cheesy extra  

The game was about what I expected, but I didn’t expect the Bucs to gift wrap it and hand it to the Patriots on a platter.  One of the most fundamental parts of the game (center qb exchange) bit the Bucs in the butt again. As eers said, the fewest mistakes won. Eliminate the 5 or 6 misplayed snaps and I believe the outcome is different. Both teams only had one sustained drive all night. Congrats to HC.  I’ll be rooting for you next week. Hope you bring the 5A trophy back to (sorta) Middle TN where it belongs.  

10 minutes ago, tandem said:

Things I love about going to Henry Co:

Praters Taters! My new go-to in Paris

The passion of the HC fans. It’s how Fri nights should be. 

The one thing I hated about going to Henry Co:

The police siren and flashing blue lights in the student section what seemed like every other play. Y’all are loud enough without that cheesy extra  

The game was about what I expected, but I didn’t expect the Bucs to gift wrap it and hand it to the Patriots on a platter.  One of the most fundamental parts of the game (center qb exchange) bit the Bucs in the butt again. As eers said, the fewest mistakes won. Eliminate the 5 or 6 misplayed snaps and I believe the outcome is different. Both teams only had one sustained drive all night. Congrats to HC.  I’ll be rooting for you next week. Hope you bring the 5A trophy back to (sorta) Middle TN where it belongs.  

I will admit I too was a bit surprised at some of the uncharacteristic fundamental errors by Beech, but hey, we overthrew a wide open touchdown pass in the 3rd qtr just to spot y’all something lol 

In all seriousness, I think the weather played a bigger role than I expected. Neither team was at its best by any conceivable stretch. Part of the game though. 

5 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Also, annoying as it may be (and yes, even to many of us home fans it is annoying, I’m sorry lol), I’m afraid the siren is just too embedded a fixture at our home games at this point for it to go lol 

I get it. Go get you another gold ball next week. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Also, annoying as it may be (and yes, even to many of us home fans it is annoying, I’m sorry lol), I’m afraid the siren is just too embedded a fixture at our home games at this point for it to go lol 

I will be making a Thursday night trip to Paris before we play again on a Friday. The siren and lights may or may not be there come game time. Lol

In all seriousness, I always enjoy going to HC. The atmosphere and hospitality are superb. I love these kind of Friday night games. It’s what HS football is supposed to be. 

• Upvote 1

Don't know what the stats was but it was almost identical to the 1st game. It was 14-7 at halftime in the 1st game and no score after the half. I dont believe we will be back tho next year as someone said. We lose a ton on defense and our best QB and WR probably in school history. Most of the O-line.

3 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Regardless I stand by what I said, you think because the score was similar that I was wrong, go over this thread again and see who was wrong.....lol

I was wrong by saying we would score 28 and they would score 14. If you saw the game we missed a couple scores which could have easily made it 28. Just didn't capitalize. My score would have been had we not overthrown a wide open pass etc. I knew Beech would not be able to do much offensively against this Patriot Defense. I dont believe I was that far off if you watched the game.

2 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

I was wrong by saying we would score 28 and they would score 14. If you saw the game we missed a couple scores which could have easily made it 28. Just didn't capitalize. My score would have been had we not overthrown a wide open pass etc. I knew Beech would not be able to do much offensively against this Patriot Defense. I dont believe I was that far off if you watched the game.

Just be happy y'all won and are going to state, this is my issue with some HC posters, it was close but you gotta validate why it was close and take credit away from your opponent, you won, move on, who cares about who was right or wrong.....lol