Henry County-Beech rematch

HCFan

Heck, Beech is a winner in my book regardless of the outcome in Paris. Frankly, they were fortunate to beat Summit in the first round. But something seemed to click after that and they’ve played two of their best games of the season the last two weeks, particularly on defense.  My guess is this coaching staff would’ve been happy with 6 or 7 wins and maybe a first round win with the inexperience this team had coming in. They will start somewhere around 16 underclassmen (6  sophomores) and give it their best shot. One thing these youngsters do have is the benefit of growing up in the Shackle Island community and knowing that this is what Beech football does-go deep in the playoffs. Much like the HC kids do I’m sure. 

5 minutes ago, tandem said:

Heck, Beech is a winner in my book regardless of the outcome in Paris. Frankly, they were fortunate to beat Summit in the first round. But something seemed to click after that and they’ve played two of their best games of the season the last two weeks, particularly on defense.  My guess is this coaching staff would’ve been happy with 6 or 7 wins and maybe a first round win with the inexperience this team had coming in. They will start somewhere around 16 underclassmen (6  sophomores) and give it their best shot. One thing these youngsters do have is the benefit of growing up in the Shackle Island community and knowing that this is what Beech football does-go deep in the playoffs. Much like the HC kids do I’m sure. 

We're getting old I guess.

There was a time you'd tell us how ugly this game would be for us. Of course, y'all had Jalen Hurd and it really was ugly for us.

Looking forward to this game and hearing y'all's assessment.

One peculiar item of note is that HC has not been throwing the ball much at all in these playoffs. We were passing at a clip of 12-20 times a game earlier in the season, but have thrown fewer than 5 passes in each of the last two games. 

We obviously haven’t missed a beat offensively with the running game finding its dominance, but it’s still an odd development considering we have a QB and a WR (possibly 2) capable of playing on Saturdays. 

Certainly not complaining. Just an observation. 

12 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

One peculiar item of note is that HC has not been throwing the ball much at all in these playoffs. We were passing at a clip of 12-20 times a game earlier in the season, but have thrown fewer than 5 passes in each of the last two games. 

We obviously haven’t missed a beat offensively with the running game finding its dominance, but it’s still an odd development considering we have a QB and a WR (possibly 2) capable of playing on Saturdays. 

Certainly not complaining. Just an observation. 

Honestly we havent needed much from the passing game when you are picking up over 300 yards a game on the ground. We have the passing game in our back pocket if we need it. 

24 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

Honestly we havent needed much from the passing game when you are picking up over 300 yards a game on the ground. We have the passing game in our back pocket if we need it. 

I agree! But it’s still unusual to go from straight up building your offense around your 2 most dependable senior leaders, who absolutely demolished the record book btw, to basically relegating them to spot duty when the games actually matter. I’m just hoping there’s not a lingering injury involved....

But hey, as long as we keep winning I don’t guess it matters. I love watching the “Phantom” and company wreak havoc on opposing defenses. 

13 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I agree! But it’s still unusual to go from straight up building your offense around your 2 most dependable senior leaders, who absolutely demolished the record book btw, to basically relegating them to spot duty when the games actually matter. I’m just hoping there’s not a lingering injury involved....

But hey, as long as we keep winning I don’t guess it matters. I love watching the “Phantom” and company wreak havoc on opposing defenses. 

Think a lot of it has to do with game script. Parrish and Thompson hooked up for a long score early in the Kirby game and it seemed to open up the run after that. 

37 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

We need to come up with a name for Mr. Johnson! That boy took us on a drive against Haywood and Kirby!

11 hours ago, Gbrpats said:

We need to come up with a name for Mr. Johnson! That boy took us on a drive against Haywood and Kirby!

I guess “The Closer” is too bland a nickname, but it sure suits him well, cause that young man is built for the 4th quarter!! 

One of the more impressive sophomores we’ve had in recent memory IMO