Henry County-Beech rematch

HCFan

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

I guess “The Closer” is too bland a nickname, but it sure suits him well, cause that young man is built for the 4th quarter!! 

One of the more impressive sophomores we’ve had in recent memory IMO 

Yes I'm a huge fan of Jayln, but Jamarcus is just a beast! Its going to be fun to watch those two next year as a senior and junior!! 

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Jaylen Kendall is a sophomore too I think.

Yep he is. And Joe Travis is just a jr. Crazy to think all 4 of our backs will return next year. Wonder if we’ll see some position changes, because it’s hard to imagine Foster and Johnson not getting the lions share of carries next season. Plus the freshman (Townsend?) has shown promise as well. 

Nice problem to have! 

26 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Yep he is. And Joe Travis is just a jr. Crazy to think all 4 of our backs will return next year. Wonder if we’ll see some position changes, because it’s hard to imagine Foster and Johnson not getting the lions share of carries next season. Plus the freshman (Townsend?) has shown promise as well. 

Nice problem to have! 

I love how Townsend runs! I really believe Joe Travis will be moved to QB.

This is the Semi's! Can't take anything for granted at this point. Beech found a way to pull of victory after victory. They know they only lost by 7 and want to come prove that they belong despite their other losses. But that being said, if our Defense comes play again, its going to be tough for anyone to get much yardage on them! I like our chances...

Go Big RED!!!

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

This one will be close for about a quarter. The other 3 quarters will be all HC. As someone posted earlier, Beech is just "happy to be here". Not quite the days of Jalen Hurd. HC 38 Beech 10

Happy to be here from the sense that coming into the season it was viewed as a rebuilding year.  This team has overachieved coming down the stretch, but now THEY believe they can win.  I wouldn't get my sights set on Cookeville just yet.  Even though they're a very young team, they've learned to win.  The Page team they beat two weeks ago was very solid and helped the pass defense substantially.  Hillsboro is as good as anyone in 5A.  

Don't be fooled into thinking it will be a walk...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Agreed. My point is that with Henry County's experience, size, speed, punishing defense, versatile offense, solid special teams; oh yeah they're playing at Patriot Stadium too. HC would have to have a horrible game to lose this one. Don't see it happening. However, I do understand that this is opinion, not fact.

Everyone from HC seems to think this will be a 3-4 TD game.  I just don't see that.