Ravenwood at Whitehaven

kwc

5 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

So us 4-5 Whitehaven posters have to talk amongst ourselves to get any traction on the board I see... well here goes nothing: kwc, DannyQ, Coach10ac and Havengrad04 what are ya'll doing for Thanksgiving? What time will you arrive to the Stadium Friday? Do you have an X factor player in mind?

Go

I can't say for all of the entire state. but I know Whitehaven is the leader in Shelby County. However, I'm willing to put Whitehaven's numbers up against anybody else's. What am I talking about you ask? I'll tell you.

Whitehaven as a team has 16 INTs on the season.  Five of which have been pick sixes. One of those pick sixes being over 100 yards. There were eleven (11) regular season INTs and five (5) in the post season. The list is as follows:

Whitehaven Football INT Totals for 2018

Jersey
No.
Name Position No. INTs Yds TD
22 Antonio Hall DB 3 85 2
20 Jamal Frazier LB 2 34 1
26 Sean Wilder CB 2 27 1
2 Martavious French LB 2 23 0
21 Paul Turner DB 1 35 0
24 Maceo Boyd DB 1 0 0
  Total Regular Season INTs = 11    
  Total Regular Season INT Yardage = 204  
  Trotal Regular Season INT TDs = 4
Post Season
6 Josh Gray CB 2 0 0
13 Airiyon Page DB 1 100 1
24 Maceo Boyd DB 2 23 0
  Total Post Season INTs = 5    
  Total Post Season INT Yardage = 123  
  Total Post Season INT TDs = 1

Edited by kwc

Well let me answer what I asked :grin:

I'll be with the family eating plenty of Turkey!

I'll be "tailgating" by 6:15, if you can find me, join me.

X Factor for me will be #28... last time we played not scoring on the goalline KILLED US, well I think we got something that will solve that this time around, along with #5 on the the DLine those 2 could be some unsung heroes  come Friday. 

11 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

So us 4-5 Whitehaven posters have to talk amongst ourselves to get any traction on the board I see... well here goes nothing: kwc, DannyQ, Coach10ac and Havengrad04 what are ya'll doing for Thanksgiving? What time will you arrive to the Stadium Friday? Do you have an X factor player in mind?

Go

I will be in church Thanksgiving morning, giving thanks to my heavenly Father for all of my blessings. I will then have some traditional Thanksgiving fare with the family later on in the day. Later in the evening I will be glued to a TV somewhere rooting on the Penny Hardaway led Memphis Tigers in the AdvoCare Invitational Tournament in Orlando, FL as they take on the Oaklahoma State Cowboys.

My X-factor for Friday's game would be the play of our defense. I think if our defense comes out focused and intense like we did in the Quarterfinals, I think we win. Laser Intesity Focus.

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1

Just finished watching the first Brentwood vs Ravenwood game. 

Overall impressions of their offense is if you play gap sound but aggressive defense they can do much. Average size for high school. Got a couple of explosive brothers on the wings as kwc likes to say. QB is slight but tough but slight nonetheless and he would be well served NOT running against us.

Overall impressions of their defense, very average size and speed. There were 2 brothers  that were playmakers along with a big end. Lack of size on the dline was made up by quickness and a non-stop motor. The secondary looked weak coverage wise but strong on the tackling side of the game. 

Special teams were on point and could definitely help them stay in the game longer than they should.

Now to N F H S to watch the playoff game they had.

Happy Thanksgiving 

IMO the Ravenwood offense— regardless of how well a coach gameplans— is extremely Flashy and having played against it within the past year, it is hard to play gap sound, disciplined football against it as a defender. I think it’ll be hard for Whitehaven to stay disciplined with the motions, shifts, etc. Brentwood and Cane Ridge both have two solid Mid-State defenses and RHS was surgical once they got in a rhythm. I could see a high scoring matchup tomorrow night.

Edited by WillCoRep

3 minutes ago, WillCoRep said:

IMO the Ravenwood offense— regardless of how well a coach gameplans— is extremely Flashy and having played against it within the past year, it is hard to play gap sound, disciplined football against it as a defender. I think it’ll be hard for Whitehaven to stay disciplined with the motions, shifts, etc. Brentwood and Cane Ridge both have two solid Mid-State defenses and RHS was surgical once they got in a rhythm. I could see a high scoring matchup tomorrow night.

Truth be told, what you said sounds like the offense got a lot of Wing T elements in it. As a football head we all know what KILLS the Wing T, Penetration. If the front 5 plays under control but aggressively, with their head on a constant swivel, it may get ugly but I honestly think Ravenwood's special teams can keep this game competitive. I still remember seeing that kid make a 55 yarder against a couple of years ago!