Ravenwood at Whitehaven

kwc

13 minutes ago, kwc said:

I don't see that happening at all. Well, I don't see RW scoring a lot of points. Let me say it like that. Not against that D of ours.

If the WH front can disrupt RHS QB and contain the couple of athletes ravenwood has, I think they will have a good night. Ravenwood offensive line is lopsided with two monsters on one side and more average size on the other side. Getting pressure will be a big key though

8 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Truth be told, what you said sounds like the offense got a lot of Wing T elements in it. As a football head we all know what KILLS the Wing T, Penetration. If the front 5 plays under control but aggressively, with their head on a constant swivel, it may get ugly but I honestly think Ravenwood's special teams can keep this game competitive. I still remember seeing that kid make a 55 yarder against a couple of years ago!

Ravenwood in 2015 was basically a wing-t out of a shotgun. That team was fortunate enough to beat  Whitehaven (Probably the best Whitehaven team in the last few years on paper) largely because of special teams. After a WH player made a spectacular run after the catch to go up 13-3 right before the half, the ensuing return TD kept the Raptors in the game and then the 55 yd fg tied it. Completely changed the game. 

So yes, special teams may make the difference. RHS kicker/punter Luke Akers is the son of former Philadelphia Eagles kicker David Akers and has been great, so if special teams decide the game, I'm cautiously optimistic.