Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

nrgrizzlies

Field conditions at CPA last night

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Fballfan1978 said:

when the field is wet because of natural reasons thats fine, wetting the field because a team may be better than you is not fine. 

Guarantee CPA was not the  only place that happened the last  few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fballfan1978 said:

right!! your team must wet fields too.

I suggest you watch a weather report.  Mid TN has had an abundance of rain the past 3 months.  CPA tries to dry their field.  This topic is a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FBGIRL said:

I suggest you watch a weather report.  Mid TN has had an abundance of rain the past 3 months.  CPA tries to dry their field.  This topic is a joke.

  On 11/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, AllRegion said:

I was there, and it was a slop fest. Every time Gray tried to make a cut, he went down. The mud made more tackles than CPA 

I think its no secret that teams will sometime wet the field just to slow down a team that is more athletic or faster than them.

 

Reading is fundamental 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:
  On 11/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, AllRegion said:

I was there, and it was a slop fest. Every time Gray tried to make a cut, he went down. The mud made more tackles than CPA 

I think its no secret that teams will sometime wet the field just to slow down a team that is more athletic or faster than them.

 

Reading is fundamental 

Would a team that intentionally wets a field then bring in a helicopter to hover over the wet field for two hours in attempts to dry it?  That wouldn't make sense, right?  People have seen the helicopter but yet nobody has seen any field wetting... Not even the Lausanne spy crew that was caught at BGA practice last year in the playoffs got footage of this field wetting?

Actually, I don't think the Lausanne coaches or players are whining about losing. They all seemed like class acts. It seems to be conspiracy loving adults that weren't even present that are yelling foul the loudest.

Davidson Academy's and other mid-state fields were in the same condition that Friday night.

On that Wednesday it rained around two inches (snowed in Memphis and Lausanne practiced in it).  On Thursday it froze.  On Friday it thawed...

If I were a Lausanne supporter or fan or whatever, and I actually watched the game and saw them have the ball, first and goal on the 5, run 4 plays and not score without any slipping... I think I'd just tip my hat to the players on CPA's team instead of acting like they got away with something devious.

Eric Gray is one of the best running backs that TN has ever seen, and on top of that a great kid.  BUT, a lot of people only want to talk about how the field conditions affected him. CPA is athletic and fast also...

This is a stupid topic and it will probably continue.  Have fun with it...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Would a team that intentionally wets a field then bring in a helicopter to hover over the wet field for two hours in attempts to dry it?  That wouldn't make sense, right?  People have seen the helicopter but yet nobody has seen any field wetting... Not even the Lausanne spy crew that was caught at BGA practice last year in the playoffs got footage of this field wetting?

Actually, I don't think the Lausanne coaches or players are whining about losing. They all seemed like class acts. It seems to be conspiracy loving adults that weren't even present that are yelling foul the loudest.

Davidson Academy's and other mid-state fields were in the same condition that Friday night.

On that Wednesday it rained around two inches (snowed in Memphis and Lausanne practiced in it).  On Thursday it froze.  On Friday it thawed...

If I were a Lausanne supporter or fan or whatever, and I actually watched the game and saw them have the ball, first and goal on the 5, run 4 plays and not score without any slipping... I think I'd just tip my hat to the players on CPA's team instead of acting like they got away with something devious.

Eric Gray is one of the best running backs that TN has ever seen, and on top of that a great kid.  BUT, a lot of people only want to talk about how the field conditions affected him. CPA is athletic and fast also...

This is a stupid topic and it will probably continue.  Have fun with it...

 

 

 

Say less, I won’t argue with grown women and men that I’ll never meet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow. Had no idea this would still be getting so much attention almost 2 weeks after the fact. As a Lausanne supporter, do I wish the game was played somewhere else? Absolutely, because that would have given them a better chance to win. Do I think CPA wet down their field to make it worse? That thought didn’t even cross my mind. I was at the game. The entire campus was soaked, and the stadium sits in the lowest part of campus which made the field even worse. Yes, the field hurt Lausanne more than it hurt CPA, but at the end of the day they both played on it. Both teams are towards the top in the entire state and neither would get blown out by any team in any division. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Oh wow. Had no idea this would still be getting so much attention almost 2 weeks after the fact. As a Lausanne supporter, do I wish the game was played somewhere else? Absolutely, because that would have given them a better chance to win. Do I think CPA wet down their field to make it worse? That thought didn’t even cross my mind. I was at the game. The entire campus was soaked, and the stadium sits in the lowest part of campus which made the field even worse. Yes, the field hurt Lausanne more than it hurt CPA, but at the end of the day they both played on it. Both teams are towards the top in the entire state and neither would get blown out by any team in any division. 

all i said was its no secret that teams will do that, and it seems like yal just got offended for no reason. Peace and Blessings my brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 6:09 AM, Fballfan1978 said:

all i said was its no secret that teams will do that, and it seems like yal just got offended for no reason. Peace and Blessings my brother

Salty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×