Supporting points...

SAC

Can we please get this worked out?! The argument that we aren't able to use college rules for this is because of safety and mat size is absurd. I can take an opponent down with toes in bounds but somehow having them on their back without a knee touching suddenly becomes unsafe. 

• Like 1

Question: In a neutral situation, one wrestler has both feet out of bounds, second wrestler has one foot completely inbounds, his second foot is on the line with heel inbounds and toes clearly out of bounds.  Is this inbounds or out of bounds?? The Rule book states: 5.15.1 the total of two supporting points of one wrestler of one supporting point of  each wrestler are inside or on the boundary line. Inbounds.  Illustration 11 does not show my scenario. 

5 hours ago, DanAdams said:

Question: In a neutral situation, one wrestler has both feet out of bounds, second wrestler has one foot completely inbounds, his second foot is on the line with heel inbounds and toes clearly out of bounds.  Is this inbounds or out of bounds?? The Rule book states: 5.15.1 the total of two supporting points of one wrestler of one supporting point of  each wrestler are inside or on the boundary line. Inbounds.  Illustration 11 does not show my scenario. 

I’d say out because it would not be a take down if one foot is in and toes are out during the take down 

15 hours ago, DanAdams said:

Again...as of this year, on the boundary line is considered in bounds even if part of that same foot is touching outside the boundary line. Officials are encouraged more to take notice of what's inbounds with the new out of bounds rule as opposed to what's out of bounds. Not the case in years past. 

Edited by DAKEKO