Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

7 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Oh it's definitely still a great place to coach with great potential. The community and business support is through the roof, if you play winning football. The program was in great shape during the last coaching search, but just not sure the correct hire was made that go-round. Now it will take a year or 2 to build into a performer. Talent is still there. 

It's 2-3 years and support needs to remain through those first couple of years.  It will be interesting to see who they have to choose from this time.  

24 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Hate to see it! Maybe committe will do better job this time. Top 2 from last go around are not going to be available. Where do they turn? TP, CG, JJ, RP? Offering any incentives? Best wishes to Coach Williams who is a fine individual! Pressure must have been put on Principal, so sad!

GO JACKETS!

JJ at Goodpasture????

37 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Hate to see it! Maybe committe will do better job this time. Top 2 from last go around are not going to be available. Where do they turn? TP, CG, JJ, RP? Offering any incentives? Best wishes to Coach Williams who is a fine individual! Pressure must have been put on Principal, so sad!

GO JACKETS!

What about CS ? Jim 

Think he still has the coaching itch? 

39 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

GO JACKETS!

There was no committee last time.  Don’t be surprised at who may apply.  

One thing about Gallatin, is the town and fans care about football and winning as much as anybody in Middle. Just because the past few seasons haven't been successful doesn't change the fact that this city gets behind the football team. Gallatin had a indoor facility and huge weightroom before about anybody else around, including privates. And that came from all the supporters and boosters. Not from the Sumner Board.

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Roger wanted it way back when. He has been at Gallatin before. Doesn't mean he wants it now, just saying.

I just don't see that one happening.  Trey is sitting on a pretty good gig at MJ right now.  Not sure what Gallatin offers beyond what he has right now.  More athletes? Perhaps, but it would be a rebuild and he's doing pretty good with what he has right now.

I have several that I believe would be great fits there, but don't know that any of them will apply or even have interest.  Will Gallatin actively pursue someone or just sit back and see who applies?  Are they looking for an existing HC or a coordinator with success and experience?  Will it be an internal hire or someone outside the program with no ties?

Too many questions...

2 minutes ago, eers said:

I just don't see that one happening.  Trey is sitting on a pretty good gig at MJ right now.  Not sure what Gallatin offers beyond what he has right now.  More athletes? Perhaps, but it would be a rebuild and he's doing pretty good with what he has right now.

I have several that I believe would be great fits there, but don't know that any of them will apply or even have interest.  Will Gallatin actively pursue someone or just sit back and see who applies?  Are they looking for an existing HC or a coordinator with success and experience?  Will it be an internal hire or someone outside the program with no ties?

Too many questions...

I know of one that what would be a great fit imo.....