Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

10 minutes ago, eers said:

I'm sure there will be a lot of "surprises" on this one, however Gallatin will be moving up to 6A and I see know reason TP/RP would be interested.

Gallatin is not moving up in the next two years and we will see if they move up when they reclassify after that.  

Kind of surprised eers, you usually have a good feel on these things but you were way wrong on this one.  

Mark Williams is a good guy and hope he does well in the future.  

14 minutes ago, RunPassOption said:

What about CS ? Jim 

Think he still has the coaching itch? 

The answer to that question is yes he does get the coaching itch, you can tell the way he talks about the game, but he is not a valid option, he has and always will be TC, 2 names I will throw out there, Nathan Wilson, has coached at macon county with some success and he is currently on staff at gallatin so he would be a familiar face for the kids. The other is Stephen Jackson, the DC at Oakland, he has coached at TC also and actually still lives in TC about a mile from the football field, great guy and even better football coach, he was rumored for the Gville job but wants something bigger and better, would be a great hire, mark my words, go get him GHS!

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

The answer to that question is yes he does get the coaching itch, you can tell the way he talks about the game, but he is not a valid option, he has and always will be TC, 2 names I will throw out there, Nathan Wilson, has coached at macon county with some success and he is currently on staff at gallatin so he would be a familiar face for the kids. The other is Stephen Jackson, the DC at Oakland, he has coached at TC also and actually still lives in TC about a mile from the football field, great guy and even better football coach, he was rumored for the Gville job but wants something bigger and better, would be a great hire, mark my words, go get him GHS!

Nathan Wilson is not an option at this point in my opinion.  In fact no one on staff is.  You have to get this hire right and get an established winner.  Bottom line you cannot screw it up.  

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

Nathan Wilson is not an option at this point in my opinion.  In fact no one on staff is.  You have to get this hire right and get an established winner.  Bottom line you cannot screw it up.  

So how would you feel about Jackson, a guy that has been around Clint Satterfield and Kevin Creasy most of his coaching years, but has yet to be a HC?

5 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin is not moving up in the next two years and we will see if they move up when they reclassify after that.  

Kind of surprised eers, you usually have a good feel on these things but you were way wrong on this one.  

Mark Williams is a good guy and hope he does well in the future.  

I believe both Beech and Gallatin move up after that.  Possibly only for a couple of years, depending on when the new school is actually built.

I don't think I was way off on this one though.  I said I don't think the administration would make a change and I'm still not sure they did.  I initially thought they would, but as time went on I wasn't so sure. 

In the end, Williams is a great guy and I think he did what he felt was best for him and for the program.  He will eventually land elsewhere and I wish him the best of luck.

9 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

The elephant in the corner of the room is just a few miles down the road.  He was snubbed before and probably has no interest, but to not make the phone call (and perhaps offer dinner, new car, a bonus, turf field, etc.) would be an injustice to the program and boosters.

• Upvote 1

GHS will have to pony up if they want to make a splash! Here again what is the level of committment to winning! TCHS, Macon have sweetened the pot in the past! Otherwise why make a move to get someone with no HC experience? Not TP or RP I am talking about. Gallatin people have never cared much for the Perrys! How about a younger Satt?

GO JACKETS!

24 minutes ago, eers said:

I believe both Beech and Gallatin move up after that.  Possibly only for a couple of years, depending on when the new school is actually built.

I don't think I was way off on this one though.  I said I don't think the administration would make a change and I'm still not sure they did.  I initially thought they would, but as time went on I wasn't so sure. 

In the end, Williams is a great guy and I think he did what he felt was best for him and for the program.  He will eventually land elsewhere and I wish him the best of luck.

I completely agree with your last paragraph.  Not so sure about the second one though.  There was a lot of pressure building for a couple of years.  

2 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I completely agree with your last paragraph.  Not so sure about the second one though.  There was a lot of pressure building for a couple of years.  

I was certainly aware of the pressure, but that doesn't always equate to making a change.  Perfect example of that is a few miles away as well.

Just now, GWAVE1 said:

Established winner.  This town is very hungry for it.  

Here's where it gets tricky.  An established winner (as a HC) at a large school doesn't have a lot of reason to come to Gallatin.  Winning at a smaller school doesn't always translate to winning in the larger classifications.  I believe a good coordinator from established programs in the same or larger classification may be the best route.  Either way, you better be ready to give him some room for his staff.