Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

3 minutes ago, eers said:

7 years ago Gallatin was coming off of a very good season, 10-2.  The best record since was 7-4/8-5, with three losing seasons.  The program is not in the same state it was then.

No you have more of a blank slate and an eager fan base now.  You can downplay it being a Beech supporter but the fact remains you can win big here given the right coach.  It still remains a great job at a good school with a massive tradition.  Facilities are very good and support can be huge if you repair some things with the public.  Just watch who applies.  I guarantee you it will be more than just Assistants or mediocre coaches.  

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

No you have more of a blank slate and an eager fan base now.  You can downplay it being a Beech supporter but the fact remains you can win big here given the right coach.  It still remains a great job at a good school with a massive tradition.  Facilities are very good and support can be huge if you repair some things with the public.  Just watch who applies.  I guarantee you it will be more than just Assistants or mediocre coaches.  

I agree with what you're saying, but they missed the boat on some of those guys 7 years ago.  Will there be others? Certainly, but it was a lot more appealing then.

Everyone knows I'm a Beech guy, but most also know that I am objective in my opinions.  See above, I believe it's the highest ceiling in the county.

3 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

My first call would be to Coach Bundy from HHS....second would be to Coach Gentry at Lebanon.

Bundy wouldn't be a bad hire, but I think there will be a lot better fits for this position than Gentry.  Gallatin would certainly be an upgrade from Lebanon though.  

There will be A LOT of quality coaches apply.  I wouldn't automatically overlook coaches without HC experience.  Anyone from a traditionally strong program as a coordinator should get a real look.  

Do they still have all the crazy rules on hair styles and facial hair?

12 minutes ago, eers said:

I agree with what you're saying, but they missed the boat on some of those guys 7 years ago.  Will there be others? Certainly, but it was a lot more appealing then.

Everyone knows I'm a Beech guy, but most also know that I am objective in my opinions.  See above, I believe it's the highest ceiling in the county.

I agree that it can be once again. But some real pride needs to be instilled back into these players. I've seen way too much talent go through there these past few years for the records they achieved. Crabtree & Beech is taking a group that I could argue is considerabely less talented than Gallatin as a whole this year, to Henry County trying to make it to state back to back years. Thats the caliber of coaching that Gallatin needs to be honest. 

Edited by thegreatone36

1 minute ago, thegreatone36 said:

I agree that it can be once again. But some real pride needs to be instilled back into these players. I've seen way too much talent go through there these past few years for the records they achieved. Crabtree & Beech is taking a group that I could argue is considerabely less talented than Gallatin from top to bottom this year, to Henry County trying to make it to state back to back years. Thats the caliber of coaching that Gallatin needs to be honest. 

I saw a lot of talent at Gallatin in the last few years.  Athletically, they were better than most teams they played this year.  

Anyone around Beech knows this was supposed to be a rebuilding year (next year should be even more talented as a whole).  They now believe in themselves and could quite possibly be back in Cookeville this year, with a chance to win it.  Not to take anything away from the kids, they have busted their tails, but coaching has played a huge part in it.  The staff at Beech has some very talented coaches.  The players believe in themselves and the staff.  This year is evidence that TEAM wins.

• Like 1

To me this is still one of the better gigs in MidTn. When we threw against them at the Riverdale Tourney I was extremely surprised by their athleticism moreso from the years when we played them at Hillsboro. I think quite a few good head coaches will apply. Gallatin football tradition is still top notch. Good luck to the Green Wave. 

5 minutes ago, DLopez said:

To me this is still one of the better gigs in MidTn. When we threw against them at the Riverdale Tourney I was extremely surprised by their athleticism moreso from the years when we played them at Hillsboro. I think quite a few good head coaches will apply. Gallatin football tradition is still top notch. Good luck to the Green Wave. 

Agree completely.  A lot of talent there over the years.  Several good coaches will apply.