Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

On 11/21/2018 at 10:59 AM, thegreatone36 said:

Were you saying that before the last hire in 2012? 

I was correct then also if you look at the results from 2012-2018.  Gallatin is average.  Not the team from the good ole days.  The same is true for other once proud Sumner County football programs (ie White House & Portland).  It’s not a “knock”.  Their tradition is great.  They are good jobs.  They aren’t the jobs that they once were.  I’ll go on 105.9 and say the same thing to Proud Mary with Coach Lassiter sitting right beside her.  

2 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I was correct then also if you look at the results from 2012-2018.  Gallatin is average.  Not the team from the good ole days.  The same is true for other once proud Sumner County football programs (ie White House & Portland).  It’s not a “knock”.  Their tradition is great.  They are good jobs.  They aren’t the jobs that they once were.  I’ll go on 105.9 and say the same thing to Proud Mary with Coach Lassiter sitting right beside her.  

Coach Lassiter's last year in 2011 consisted of multiple 6A wins with a 5A program.

(Oakland, Brentwood, Wilson Central, Hendersonville, Lebanon). Also note that he scrimmaged Blackman(with I'Tavious Mathers), Riverdale, Smyrna with success.

Very convenient that you only give your opinion on Gallatin after 2012 when the coaching staff changed to fit your criteria. Guarantee you if Creasy had got the job in 2012 your tune would be changed. But obviously they chose differently. 

I am 36 years old and I can’t remember Gallatin being a major player for a state championship. I was 10 in 1992 and vaguely remember that championship. Since 1992, Gallatin has not been to the semifinals or finals in football. Let that sink in. It has been a quarter of a century since Gallatin was relevant from a state championship perspective.  You guys keep talking about these “great” regular seasons and even who you scrimmaged. That alone tells me the program is not as  “great” as it was in the Pre 90’s era. Playoff wins and championships are all that matters. I understand tradition, but the fact is anybody 35 years old or younger can’t remember Gallatin being anything more than a mediocre program with a few good regular seasons. Gallatin has changed a great deal since 1992 and the fact is it is not a desired location for any “big name” Coach. Beech and Hendersonville are both better jobs than Gallatin and the zones they pull from will keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

54 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

I am 36 years old and I can’t remember Gallatin being a major player for a state championship. I was 10 in 1992 and vaguely remember that championship. Since 1992, Gallatin has not been to the semifinals or finals in football. Let that sink in. It has been a quarter of a century since Gallatin was relevant from a state championship perspective.  You guys keep talking about these “great” regular seasons and even who you scrimmaged. That alone tells me the program is not as  “great” as it was in the Pre 90’s era. Playoff wins and championships are all that matters. I understand tradition, but the fact is anybody 35 years old or younger can’t remember Gallatin being anything more than a mediocre program with a few good regular seasons. Gallatin has changed a great deal since 1992 and the fact is it is not a desired location for any “big name” Coach. Beech and Hendersonville are both better jobs than Gallatin and the zones they pull from will keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

Yeah you're right man, they will just suck for the rest of eternity and get blown out every year. Forget the talent, forget everything they have to be a successful program. They have no players at all and no fanbase or facilities to be successful. So might as well pack it in and give up. :roll: Tell that to Riverdale then as well since they are on hard times at the moment,  they will never ever be good again either according to your way of thinking...:lol:

11 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Yeah you're right man, they will just suck for the rest of eternity and get blown out every year. Forget the talent, forget everything they have to be a successful program. They have no players at all and no fanbase or facilities to be successful. So might as well pack it in and give up. :roll: Tell that to Riverdale then as well since they are on hard times at the moment,  they will never ever be good again either according to your way of thinking...:lol:

Show me where I said they wouldn’t be good again...I am waiting. I simply said your pipe dream of getting an established “big name” Coach is not realistic. I did say Beech and Hendersonville were both better programs right now and would be for the foreseeable future. Gallatin has athletes, but so does everyone else in 5A/6A. That is the key. Gallatin used to have an edge in that area, now that is not the case. If you really want Gallatin to be successful, get off Coacht, don’t run your mouth about the program, and support whoever the administration hires no questions asked. I am saying that in general terms and not necessarily directly to you. 

2 hours ago, wtaylor said:

You say nothing that any Gallatin fan hasn’t  said over the past few years.  Except you are completely incorrect on a few things.  You use a reference that things changed since 1992.   Your right Calvin Short retired in 93’.  Joslin never had a chance coming in behind him.  In his last year he beat eventual state champ in Riverdale in the last regular season game, and it was a beat down!  Lassiter took over the program and it was definitely no surprise that he was the heir apparent.  He left Hendersonville and came to Gallatin.  When he retired he pretty much chose his successor in Williams.  During that coaching “search”, Crabtree and Creasy both interviewed and would have taken the job if offered.  So those are just 2 of the known big time coaches that wanted to come here just 7 years ago.  There were probably plenty of others but those are just 2 names that I personally know.  Neither one may be interested now, who knows.  But the fact remained 2 of the best coaches in the entire state wanted to come here.  And just what do you know about the zones?  That is laughable.  Where are the lines drawn at?  You have no clue, you go off of what you have seen in the recent years not overall.  2 years ago Gallatin had a winning record against Hendersonville over Williams tenure.  Before Crabtree, Beech has only beaten Gallatin what twice since the school’s inception.  You have no idea what you are talking about.  

Edited by GWAVE1

12 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You say nothing that any Gallatin fan hasn’t  said over the past few years.  Except you are completely incorrect on a few things.  You use a reference that things changed since 1992.   Your right Calvin Short retired in 93’.  Joslin never had a chance coming in behind him.  In his last year he beat eventual state champ in Riverdale in the last regular season game, and it was a beat down!  Lassiter took over the program and it was definitely no surprise that he was the heir apparent.  He left Hendersonville and came to Gallatin.  When he retired he pretty much chose his successor in Williams.  During that coaching “search”, Crabtree and Creasy both interviewed and would have taken the job if offered.  So those are just 2 of the known big time coaches that wanted to come here just 7 years ago.  There were probably plenty of others but those are just 2 names that I personally know.  Neither one may be interested now, who knows.  But the fact remained 2 of the best coaches in the entire state wanted to come here.  And just what do you know about the zones?  That is laughable.  Where are the lines drawn at?  You have no clue, you go off of what you have seen in the recent years not overall.  2 years ago Gallatin had a winning record against Hendersonville over Williams tenure.  Before Crabtree, Beech has only beaten Gallatin what twice since the school’s inception.  You have no idea what you are talking about.  

Man you guys are beasts in the regular season. Keep pounding your chest on that accomplishment if it makes you feel better. Creasy was far from a “big name” 7 years ago. He was at a 1A program for crying out loud and applying for every 5A/6A job he could cause he knew Trousdale was about to have a run with a huge talent drop off. He was not a popular hire at Oakland when that happened either. Not to mention he has taken far superior talent to anyone in the state at Oakland and continues to choke in the playoffs. 

Beech was a smaller rural school until about 10 years ago. The growth in the county has been in that area along with Station Camp. This has caused both schools to grow and in Beech’s case come into their own as a football school. When Gallatin  was dominating Beech, they were at a talent disadvantage and had 500 fewer students. The growth has brought more athletes and a better support system as far as money goes. Beech has beaten Gallatin 7 years in a row and last lost in 2011. Just so you know, Beech still advanced further than Gallatin that year in the playoffs.

As far as zoning goes, I don’t know where the lines are drawn. I do know this, I would much rather my kids go to Beech, Hendersonville, or Station Camp when comparing the conditions of each school.  The fact is the zones Gallatin pulls from are not where anyone wants to live or move to any longer. Let’s see who all applies then you can tell me if I know what I am talking about or not. Good luck next regular season, because we all know Gallatin will be a no show come playoff time.

3 hours ago, wtaylor said:

I totally agree to a point!  Gallatin is a good job with the potential to be a great job but saying that Gallatin is not a desired location is not really true.  The City of Gallatin and Gallatin High School are very similar to the great Byrnes High School football program in South Carolina with regard to demographics, community support, economics and academics.  Gallatin must allow the new head coach to immediately bring in whomever he wants to be his assistant coaches and he must approve the middle school coaching staff.  If that results in people not being retained, well that unfortunately is the price one must pay for progress.  

18 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

Man you guys are beasts in the regular season. Keep pounding your chest on that accomplishment if it makes you feel better. Creasy was far from a “big name” 7 years ago. He was at a 1A program for crying out loud and applying for every 5A/6A job he could cause he knew Trousdale was about to have a run with a huge talent drop off. He was not a popular hire at Oakland when that happened either. Not to mention he has taken far superior talent to anyone in the state at Oakland and continues to choke in the playoffs. 

Beech was a smaller rural school until about 10 years ago. The growth in the county has been in that area along with Station Camp. This has caused both schools to grow and in Beech’s case come into their own as a football school. When Gallatin  was dominating Beech, they were at a talent disadvantage and had 500 fewer students. The growth has brought more athletes and a better support system as far as money goes. Beech has beaten Gallatin 7 years in a row and last lost in 2011. Just so you know, Beech still advanced further than Gallatin that year in the playoffs.

As far as zoning goes, I don’t know where the lines are drawn. I do know this, I would much rather my kids go to Beech, Hendersonville, or Station Camp when comparing the conditions of each school.  The fact is the zones Gallatin pulls from are not where anyone wants to live or move to any longer. Let’s see who all applies then you can tell me if I know what I am talking about or not. Good luck next regular season, because we all know Gallatin will be a no show come playoff time.

Wow. 

The only "new" built high school in the area is Station Camp, and it doesn't seem to help them...I'd say the football related facilities at Gallatin are above most standards. And no offense to some, but having a football field built for one purpose only, and not having a track around it or a soccer field is a plus to many viewers. The "zones" play in Gallatins favor in this city if you don't already know. Hey, it was also named the "Nicest City in America" by Reader's Digest. I'd say the demographics are just fine, bud. 

Edited by thegreatone36

You all keep telling yourselves that and it is bound to be true. Gallatin does have its nicer parts, but they are in the Station Camp zone. Gallatin High School and Gallatin, TN are not one and the same. I know teachers in all of these schools and the ones at Gallatin are far more derogatory of their work environment and the kids they have to deal with. The truth hurts sometimes I guess. Gallatin’s stadium is nice, but also off campus. That is a problem in my opinion. I don’t doubt that certain supporters want Gallatin football to succeed, but the question is will they offer support without trying to control and get their way?

11 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

You all keep telling yourselves that and it is bound to be true. Gallatin does have its nicer parts, but they are in the Station Camp zone. Gallatin High School and Gallatin, TN are not one and the same. I know teachers in all of these schools and the ones at Gallatin are far more derogatory of their work environment and the kids they have to deal with. The truth hurts sometimes I guess. Gallatin’s stadium is nice, but also off campus. That is a problem in my opinion. I don’t doubt that certain supporters want Gallatin football to succeed, but the question is will they offer support without trying to control and get their way?

Gallatin has nice parts with "money" on more ends than just one. I don't even know why you are going there with it. They are also doing a lot of new community houses & apartment communities, which seems to be the way all these outer metro cities are going. The off campus stadium was one of the coolest things that I could remember about playing there. Taking 3 buses through town for a home game, traffic stopped by police the whole way there, supporters lining the square cheering us on our way to the Waveyard, unforgettable memories. That seems like it would be more fun than seeing your stadium every day at your practice field, and not getting the ride into the stadium. I never played one high school football game without hopping in the Big Yellow, and loved every minute of those rides back with the boys.

Edited by thegreatone36