Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

12 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

The 3 best stadiums for Sumner, Wilson & the outsider in Trousdale (had to incude this one) is Gallatin, MJ, and TC - in my opinion. Simply because of no track. All 3 are great high school football atmospheres right on the field.

I hate the fields with the track around them. Kills the atmosphere with the fans being so removed IMO. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Gallatin has nice parts with "money" on more ends than just one. I don't even know why you are going there with it. They are also doing a lot of new community houses & apartment communities, which seems to be the way all these outer metro cities are going. The off campus stadium was one of the coolest things that I could remember about playing there. Taking 3 buses through town for a home game, traffic stopped by police the whole way there, supporters lining the square cheering us on our way to the Waveyard, unforgettable memories. That seems like it would be more fun than seeing your stadium every day at your practice field, and not getting the ride into the stadium. I never played one high school football game without hopping in the Big Yellow, and loved every minute of those rides back with the boys.

I am going there because it is a factor in getting a “big name” coach and absolutely contributes to Gallatin’s lack of success over the last 25 years. Look at the have’s versus the have not’s in high school football in the last couple decades. There are very few inner city schools succeeding at the state level and most schools continually at the top come from upper tier socioeconomic communities. Gallatin is not necessarily inner city, but the area the school now pulls from is lacking compared to those now at the top. There are other factors as well, including an intrusive booster club who meddles. Ask any coach if an off campus stadium is an issue and they will all say yes. My school also has an off site stadium and it is a huge disadvantage compared to a true on campus home game. I would be interested to know if your experiences are the same as the kids nowadays as far as the rides to games and community support. I bet their views would be much different than yours.  It sounds as if you were around during Gallatin’s “glory days.” It must have been a really cool time. I grew up hearing how Gallatin was the standard in this area of the state, but I never saw them do anything in the post season.

My point in all this is most people my age and younger do not think there is anything special about Gallatin football. It can rise up again, but it takes true support from the community and not token support on a website. It also takes everyone backing the players, administration, and staff wholeheartedly, which I think is a huge problem from what I see and hear from Gallatin supporters.

36 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

The 3 best stadiums for Sumner, Wilson & the outsider in Trousdale (had to incude this one) is Gallatin, MJ, and TC - in my opinion. Simply because of no track. All 3 are great high school football atmospheres right on the field.

I agree on the track and stadiums, but it is still a burden/disadvantage from a coaching standpoint. Those places are definitely the best places to watch a game.

Hmm. So would you consider Oakland an "upper tier socioeconomic community"? Or how about Whitehaven? Hillsboro? Friendship Christian? Trousdale? Oak Ridge? Riverdale? Smyrna? Henry County? All of these have multiple state titles. NONE of those places have any BETTER demographic than Gallatin, yet are very successful. None of the schools in these areas are going to look like the Brentwood & Brentwood Academy areas, but that doesn't mean then aren't filled with talent. Talent has not been Gallatin's issue these past 7 years, and that alone is a good indication of how much you actually know compared to what you're stating. Also, that's only your opinion about the stadium being off campus. The majority of people love it right where it is. And it darn sure doesn't hurt fan attendance,  why would it? It's right in the middle if town. I would argue that Gallatin took more people up to see the win those state titles than pretty much any team I can think of off the top of my head. Fans are not an issue. Even took a nice crew all the way up the 8hr drive to watch them play in Canton Ohio. If you win-they will come. You're definitely entitled to your opinion,  but I will admit I think it differs from most others views about this program.

48 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Hmm. So would you consider Oakland an "upper tier socioeconomic community"? Or how about Whitehaven? Hillsboro? Friendship Christian? Trousdale? Oak Ridge? Riverdale? Smyrna? Henry County? All of these have multiple state titles. NONE of those places have any BETTER demographic than Gallatin, yet are very successful. None of the schools in these areas are going to look like the Brentwood & Brentwood Academy areas, but that doesn't mean then aren't filled with talent. Talent has not been Gallatin's issue these past 7 years, and that alone is a good indication of how much you actually know compared to what you're stating. Also, that's only your opinion about the stadium being off campus. The majority of people love it right where it is. And it darn sure doesn't hurt fan attendance,  why would it? It's right in the middle if town. I would argue that Gallatin took more people up to see the win those state titles than pretty much any team I can think of off the top of my head. Fans are not an issue. Even took a nice crew all the way up the 8hr drive to watch them play in Canton Ohio. If you win-they will come. You're definitely entitled to your opinion,  but I will admit I think it differs from most others views about this program.

It is an uneducated view to say the least.  

1 hour ago, wtaylor said:

I am going there because it is a factor in getting a “big name” coach and absolutely contributes to Gallatin’s lack of success over the last 25 years. Look at the have’s versus the have not’s in high school football in the last couple decades. There are very few inner city schools succeeding at the state level and most schools continually at the top come from upper tier socioeconomic communities. Gallatin is not necessarily inner city, but the area the school now pulls from is lacking compared to those now at the top. There are other factors as well, including an intrusive booster club who meddles. Ask any coach if an off campus stadium is an issue and they will all say yes. My school also has an off site stadium and it is a huge disadvantage compared to a true on campus home game. I would be interested to know if your experiences are the same as the kids nowadays as far as the rides to games and community support. I bet their views would be much different than yours.  It sounds as if you were around during Gallatin’s “glory days.” It must have been a really cool time. I grew up hearing how Gallatin was the standard in this area of the state, but I never saw them do anything in the post season.

My point in all this is most people my age and younger do not think there is anything special about Gallatin football. It can rise up again, but it takes true support from the community and not token support on a website. It also takes everyone backing the players, administration, and staff wholeheartedly, which I think is a huge problem from what I see and hear from Gallatin supporters.

What does the booster club do that meddles??  

Name the kid who thinks it is not cool to ride across town for the games??

Why is it a disadvantage to play on a field that has been played on for 100 years, literally?   

Why do you think Gallatin is poor and rural and why do you think money areas only win?

Define do anything in post season, no state titles or semi’s yes, but how many playoff appearances?  

So only good coaches look at the upper eschalon schools and not good situations, define your idea of a good coach?  

If Gallatin cannot draw a big name coach and ends up hiring a no name assistant, why would you care?  If we end up winning I do not care one bit.  I do think there will be several good choices, the names are already coming in I hear.   

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Differs from those wearing green colored glasses. Get out of Gallatin and most don’t even know where you are, mich less anything about your football program.

2 hours ago, wtaylor said:

Differs from those wearing green colored glasses. Get out of Gallatin and most don’t even know where you are, mich less anything about your football program.

You aren't taken seriously, just in case you think you are. Do you know how many more games Hendersonville? Beech? MJ? have to win to catch up to Gallatin? I'll give you they have gained a little ground lately. But Gallatin STILL has a convincing record against their foes. GWAVE, what is it against Beech & MJ? I have the record against HVILLE 44-17 in favor of GHS. But now, it's time to get the train back on the rails, for sure! Beech, MJ, Hville are great programs! But so is GHS, and it will be just have to be proven once again just as a reminder! Gallatin has been quoted a "non factor" before and it worked out well for them then with 3 decades of dominance after that. Factor This!

Edited by thegreatone36

36 minutes ago, District12AA said:

A big name coach shouldn't touch this job. Seems like the fan base is out of touch with reality.

What is reality to you? My reality is to win every other time we play a region foe like bhs, hhs, mj. To make a deep playoff run every couple/three years or so. Make a run for state once in a while. Nobody has said win a title and win it now. So. Explain to me how the Green Wave fanbase is out of touch with reality? That is realistic goals. And as far as our records against foes and the past pure domination & winning tradition I have brought up, that is concrete facts that I'd love for you to try and prove wrong. So, where are we SO OUT OF TOUCH?  :|

Edited by thegreatone36